Spider mites

Opie1

Master Grower
Hey all, I have two grows going next to each other. One is in my my garden bed, one in a greenhouse. Garden bed is no till, I'm using KNF techniques. The greenhouse is my mix that I use indoors, but only outdoors.

The garden has been awesome. No nutrients at all! Just the occasional watering. There are squash and cukes out there that have gotten PM, but not my plants. No pests whatsoever. Not an inkling of anything other than borers.

In the greenhouse, away from the garden, I'm dealing with the borers, but also PM. I have long running sativas with hardly any foliage, yet they are getting the PM from outside the greenhouse.
Maybe because of a higher humidity?

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
thats exactly what you gotta do

azamax is super expensive with mixed results.

those pest strips work really well for fungus gnats. id rather use these over de any day. im not sure if theyd work to good on spider mites. never hurts to try.

i know those fogger cans deff work. i had 1 hell of a problem. their the 1 pest i still look for weekly just to make sure i dont see even 1 anywhere near my girls.

good luck man! hope you beat the bastards!
Thanks a lot bro, I am getting those fogger cans too, and after I chop a couple plants that are ready I'm going to unleash that on the little bastards too 😂😂

D

Deleted member 60

Greenhouses bring with them their own pests...LOL. I'm constantly battling aphids....and if I bring a strawberry plant inside...the BORG ill show like the Sun comes up everyday. It's THE reason I don't plant weed in there. I know what will happen.

I nix all worry of PM/mold/mildew by using a big ass dehuey set on 45%....but the bugs are relentless....I use Bifen and an IGR when they piss me off but I try to use that shit as little as possible.

Gotta hit the BORG hard cus they will come back if you don't take serious measures to end them. I've used this before (decades ago, thankfully)

Flip the tab and RUN

Streetpro09

Tester
I’ve also heard of other growers taking their plants outdoors to get some natural sun and fresh air, only to find out later that they brought bugs back inside. So that’s another thing to remember.

My ex did that with hers and brought in aphids.

Buddy at work was wondering how he got thrips in his veg tent. Come to find out he chopped an outside plant and hung it next to the tent. 😞

Last edited:

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
not trying to be debative or "im right", choose your own views ( im just trying to help)

-
thats just pyrethrum release @4%? evergreen which is super concentration would work way better than depending than a bomb, i have tried those bombs but you good lord on the price vs the real deal of just spraying a good organic pyrethrum like evergreen 5.0 and its only 60 bucks and look at % of pyrethrum and how many times you can do and it's all about imp and consistently and being clean. are you intaking air ? make sure thats hep filtered ( or replaced) and cleaned when its supposed to or the filter is worthless

that stuff (evergreen) will kill 140+ bugs on contact and is super cheap as long as you don't buy the pyganic version and follow instructions. like limit per cycle and also i would recommend like i stated on previous page, cycle or switch ipm attacks cause no matter how " hard" you think you can hit with a bomb. ingredients are ingredients and you can't play blind like its going to be a silver bullet.

2nd thing is weekly cleaning with h202 at 3-5% mopping and walls than a virusicide like prokure V or physic 20 @ anti mold level

3rd big thing so many growers also are not consist is being clean and having " grow/work clothes" make you always take a shower before you enter you room and never allow pets also. i have " grow room clothes" then i put them in a trash bag and then i have indoor clothes for when im watching tv, going to bed and misc so i don't get contaminates . when i go outdoors to work. i wear my " outdoor clothes" than when im done, take a shower and always put those clothes in the trash bag just like the indoor clothes in their bags.

indoor rooms i wear rubber boots and when i open the door i slip on over sized chemical coverall's ( i replace monthly or when they rip) doing this vs only wearing regular clothes not only is a second protection and a bubble to the rest of the world from pests/molds but a huge thing after using these is you will def notice how much fertilizers and crap gets on you if your working and mixing ferts and just working in in a grow room. i wouldn't go without em, just like the boots

then after being done with outdoors/indoors ( shower, easy peezy )

2 cans would equal a bottle evergreen and thats bottle of evergreen ? do the math per oz and then tell me your can's are worth it and and its def not more stronger ( 1% less)

1⁄4 to 1⁄2 . oz. per gallon of water

plus like i stated in first post, pyrethrum should never be used past 3/4th week of flower. like many pesticides . But biocontrol can be used till harvest and you can even mix pyrethrum in with this and its a double whammy !

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
After my 2nd treatment with a different product, I still saw a mite moving on the underside of a leaf. So I set off 2 of those bombs in my basement. Didn't see any more the next day but I still hit them with a third product just in case. Wish me luck y'all, I hope I got them little bastards for good 🤞🤞 gonna implement a new preventative pest procedure too so hopefully this doesn't happen again. Thank you to everyone who offered help and well wishes. You guys are great! Even some fellas who I have had political arguments with in the past were willing to help and that's very big of you guys, and you definitely have my respect, and I will likewise help you grow better any way I can. Thanks again y'all. I'll let ya know how it went in a few days.

Those bombs work on the living ones, youre going to want to keep spraying something to suffocate the eggs. Also look into systemic treatments for future prevention.

Ive battled them for a good 9 months using a rotation of neem, spinosad, bT, SNS products, essential oils and predatory mites. Probably forgot some products along the way, but haven’t seen any in 2 months. Crop rotation from one tent to another kept it contained and manageable. Didn’t have to kill any genetics or lose any harvests. For personal preference I refused to spray anything on my flowering tents and that added a lot of time dealing with them.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Those bombs work on the living ones, youre going to want to keep spraying something to suffocate the eggs. Also look into systemic treatments for future prevention.

Ive battled them for a good 9 months using a rotation of neem, spinosad, bT, SNS products, essential oils and predatory mites. Probably forgot some products along the way, but haven’t seen any in 2 months. Crop rotation from one tent to another kept it contained and manageable. Didn’t have to kill any genetics or lose any harvests. For personal preference I refused to spray anything on my flowering tents and that added a lot of time dealing with them.
That's what I'm worried about. I haven't sprayed my flowering tents at all. I haven't seen signs that they're affected yet, but I know the little bastards are sneaky. I'll probably do a couple more treatments just to be safe even if I don't see anything.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member

yup this is why you have to bomb them and then wait until the eggs hatch in 3 to 5 days and bomb them again before they have the chance to reproduce

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
theres a real good documentary put together by this guy named Kevin Booth. Its called the American Drug War the last white hope. If youve never seen it deff take an hour or 2 and check it out. One of the better documentarys out there.

anyway they visit a outside grow. Gorilla style but with sheds built without roofs on them. turning them into a huge outdoor grow. 1 of the guys is on a ladder with a shopvac sucking up spider mites lol wouldnt wanna do this to any indoor plants but i thought it was pretty creative.

kevin also did the doc How weed won the west. All about when legalization started happening out in Cali. Deff check em out. Both are worth a watch at least once.