Spider Mite Problems???

Faneto

I have learned that its better to use preventative measure rather than having to take action and dealing with an infestation. In the years prior, my worst pest was a fungus gnat. My cause though and once I learned better watering practices, they vanished. Just recently, I started grabbing breeder's clones from various sources like Strainly and King Kong. Anyways, I made the mistake of adding a clone to an established room and that's where my screw up was. Now, I like to use random ladybud releases in my grow and different various products during my grows to prevent any problems in the future.

Wendel

I was just dealing with them

The onlymway is to stay on them ever other or 3rd day. They will drive you CRAZY.

Used neem and spinosad. They would knock them down but not out.

Purecrop 1 worked for me so far

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I was just dealing with them

The onlymway is to stay on them ever other or 3rd day. They will drive you CRAZY.

Used neem and spinosad. They would knock them down but not out.

Purecrop 1 worked for me so far
"Avid" is about the only thing I will use if I notice pests. It's potent!
If you got one species, you will attract others.
It's hard as hell to get rid of them once you have major infestation.
I will treat right before I go into flower as a precaution.
Nothing worse than problems starting in week 5 or 6 of flower.
This 1 1/2 hr audio/video explains what's happening in the plant to attract the mites in the first place.(Ammonium)
I learned a lot and need to listen to it again.
Hell, turn it on and listen while tending your garden.
All the members should listen.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
"Avid" is about the only thing I will use if I notice pests. It's potent!
If you got one species, you will attract others.
It's hard as hell to get rid of them once you have major infestation.
I will treat right before I go into flower as a precaution.
Nothing worse than problems starting in week 5 or 6 of flower.
This 1 1/2 hr audio/video explains what's happening in the plant to attract the mites in the first place.(Ammonium)
I learned a lot and need to listen to it again.
Hell, turn it on and listen while tending your garden.
All the members should listen.
welll its like this , i learn every day ,Thanks to several members here,names changed to protect these peeps.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
welll its like this , i learn every day ,Thanks to several members here,names changed to protect these peeps.
Same here. There's always something to learn no matter how many years we have under our belts.
There's a lot of "experienced and knowledgeable" members in this forum.
If I see something I feel is beneficial, I post it.

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
Green Cleaner is the only way to go. It's cheap, easy, and effective. Spray 3 days in a row, with a fogger, at lights out. Then spray again 2 days later, and again 3 days after that, just to be sure.

I recently used this method to eradicate the PNWstrainhunter brand of SUPER MITES. After the 2nd spray, I never saw another living bug. But I sprayed 3 more times for good measure.

Green Cleaner can supposedly be used up to day of harvest. I was only in week 7, but I tossed the entire run in the garbage regardless. I didn't want to chop plants with living bugs and drag them out of the room as I feared doing so would infect other plants, as I run perpetual. So I can't comment on if the bud would still be decent smoke or not after being sprayed.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Green Cleaner is the only way to go. It's cheap, easy, and effective. Spray 3 days in a row, with a fogger, at lights out. Then spray again 2 days later, and again 3 days after that, just to be sure.

I recently used this method to eradicate the PNWstrainhunter brand of SUPER MITES. After the 2nd spray, I never saw another living bug. But I sprayed 3 more times for good measure.

Green Cleaner can supposedly be used up to day of harvest. I was only in week 7, but I tossed the entire run in the garbage regardless. I didn't want to chop plants with living bugs and drag them out of the room as I feared doing so would infect other plants, as I run perpetual. So I can't comment on if the bud would still be decent smoke or not after being sprayed.
If you got spider mites, when you hang the plants upside down and leave it for a week or two,
I've noticed a lot of the mites migrate toward the base of the stock.
If you're lucky, they will make a U-turn and be diverted from your main flowers to the thick stock and fan leaves.
Has anyone else noticed this?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I use Athena ipm as a preventative. It's great stuff it even kills powdery mildew with ease. It can also control infestations as well.
Is Athena expensive?
I think I bought Avid by the ml.
It only takes a few drops/gal as a preventative measure and lasts the rest of the grow. (indoors)
It's been a good while since I had an outbreak of critters. You sure don't want bugs at the beginning of flower.
You'll know by week 4 or 5 if you did.
Glad this thread got commented on, I need to dose a few now.

D

Deleted member 2835

Is Athena expensive?
I think I bought Avid by the ml.
It only takes a few drops/gal as a preventative measure and lasts the rest of the grow. (indoors)
It's been a good while since I had an outbreak of critters. You sure don't want bugs at the beginning of flower.
You'll know by week 4 or 5 if you did.
Glad this thread got commented on, I need to dose a few now.
Its.about 40 bucks and it lasts two to three cycles

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
I use Athena ipm as a preventative. It's great stuff it even kills powdery mildew with ease. It can also control infestations as well.
I use that also, but only in veg. The Green Cleaner can be used in flower with little to no ill effect. It can also be used in veg, and it's just as effective as Athena but cheaper. And it doesn't smell like Big Red gum.

phillthyrotten

Throbbing Member
One thing I do to prevent spider mites is to take a shower whenever you go outside before you go and check on your plants. Especially if you're mowing your yard.
I live in MN. The native spider mites here are small, slow, and weak. If I get infected by them, I don't sweat it. One spray of pretty much anything and they're dead. Those West Coast spider mites that PNWstrainhunter spreads around the continent are 1000x harder to kill.

Here is an informational video on dealing with SM's.
Really struggled with spider mites ,but only because I introduced a plant that came with a whole colony of diseases,did some bud wash on my harvest but IPM talked in this video is stellar
I grow green house 🏡 and here were I stay in a valley in Pretoria it’s really humid and hot,need to try change susceptibility by changing the ammonia profile aswell

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I live in MN. The native spider mites here are small, slow, and weak. If I get infected by them, I don't sweat it. One spray of pretty much anything and they're dead. Those West Coast spider mites that PNWstrainhunter spreads around the continent are 1000x harder to kill.
I might have gotten an infestation of that type of mite around 2012,
I purchased seeds from across the pond and I got infected after that.
I think a lot of times, the mite larvae are carried on the seeds and packaging.
Not everyone takes precautions, they just want $$$ and could care less about the customers/strangers.

I began tossing the seed containers and empty seed packs etc. away in recent years.
I've never fooled much with clones, but I imagine, they are highly likely,
to carry bugs, pathogens, virus etc.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Really struggled with spider mites ,but only because I introduced a plant that came with a whole colony of diseases,did some bud wash on my harvest but IPM talked in this video is stellar
I grow green house 🏡 and here were I stay in a valley in Pretoria it’s really humid and hot,need to try change susceptibility by changing the ammonia profile aswell
I'll bet it's a nightmare growing in a "humid" greenhouse.
I deal with cold temps and high humidity this time of year.
Cold temps are hard on a plants roots.
They will stop growing.

I might have gotten an infestation of that type of mite around 2012,
I purchased seeds from across the pond and I got infected after that.
I think a lot of times, the mite larvae are carried on the seeds and packaging.
Not everyone takes precautions, they just want $$$ and could care less about the customers/strangers.

I began tossing the seed containers and empty seed packs etc. away in recent years.
I've never fooled much with clones, but I imagine, they are highly likely,
to carry bugs, pathogens, virus etc.
Yes exactly,clones are highly susceptible to bringing pests and diseases,that was my story exactly to the tee

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN

I got clones from him as well and got mites