Southern Oregon Seeds

Skeet Kuhn Dough

5th-level Mage
I ordered from here and paid with a personal check. It took a minute for everything to work out. Seeds came by surprise. Stealth wasn't Cold War era stealth but they were shipping within the USA via FedEx. Received freebies. Might order from them again, though I dislike sending cash, MO, or checks, would rather pay by CC.

Because I was getting started late for an outdoor grow, I ordered autoflowers. I requested that if they send freebies that those be autos. They obliged with 3 "Red Cheese" autos. I never heard of them but I believe it came from their "in-house" genetics. Fine by me.

Got three autos going (a coon killed several seedlings :mad: ) and they're just fine. The two red cheese girls are just now flowering and smell funky. The glue gelato auto smell a little fruity at the moment. They're both just now barely flowering, can't wait to see what I get out of this. The glue gelato autos came in an original breeder pack (Barney's Farm). The freebies weren't "loose seeds" as it were, but came in SOS own breeder pack.

As with anything, SOS has its fair share of critics, as does just about any seed bank or breeder, some fair, others not. My one experience with these guys was just fine and I'm happy with everything. My one minor complaint is that I would much rather pay by CC so I know immediately that my order is placed and being expedited. The confirmation email with the order number and all that was incredibly swift. Any questions I emailed were responded to in a very prompt and respectable time frame and I did send more than one regarding whether or not payment was received.

Oh, and a lot of the naysayers that I saw talking smack about SOS were people that had JUST created accounts. Hmm... very interesting, especially considering the fact that these same very few detractors kept propping up another vendor with a similar "Oregonian" name. :unsure:

If anybody else has an experience to share, I guess I've created the thread to do it in. Anybody else have any experience with SOS?

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Glad you had a good experience with them. I have not dealt with them, so I really have no opinion.
Red cheese autos sound interesting.. hope you post some photos of these late planted autos. When did you plant? How long do they suggest start to finish? I wanted to get some autos in myself but I think I've waited a bit too late.

Oh those damn coons!. Almost every time Ive planted in the ground they have dug up my plants rootball and all. Sometimes its could be a possum as well. I walk out in the woods to water and there's the whole thing, lying on the ground, wilted and dry, and an empty hole.. grrrrr

As far as payment methods, I have learned a lot of patience. Being a bit older, half my life there were no electronic/ instant payments readily available for almost anything. Y'all youngins are spoiled :p Back then CC's worried me lol.

I now prefer a direct form of payment like a CC, or there are other payment "facilitating" companies that do direct debit type methods that confirm immediately for some seed sellers. Similar to PP. And even some sellers that quietly take PP. But cash in the mail is fine too.

M.O... I just dislike having to go buy one. Though its really not much different than going to the atm or gas station or post office. Just seems like a hassle, and most of mine were the international ones from the PO.

I'm always a little more impatient on the first order of the year.. after that, meh, as long as I get what I order in a reasonable time. Its good :)

Having the ability to now order from American vendors changes everything for me. I love it.
The threat of seizure stopped my ordering for years after 3 of 4 quite pricey orders didn't make it from Euro, Spain. England. Only one of which made good later. Plus the fear of "Oh sh*t, now they now I grow".

Now I'm so comfortable and pleased with everyone I've dealt with in North America.

I have ordered a few times from Oregongreenseed. Though its been 4 or 5 yrs. ago They were the first seller in the USA I'd dealt with. Every time extremely happy.
Sorry when it gets this late, Im high, lackin sleep, I ramble like the old man I am :)

Last edited:

Skeet Kuhn Dough

5th-level Mage
Glad you had a good experience with them. I have not dealt with them, so I really have no opinion.
Red cheese autos sound interesting.. hope you post some photos of these late planted autos. When did you plant? How long do they suggest start to finish? I wanted to get some autos in myself but I think I've waited a bit too late.

Oh those damn coons!. Almost every time Ive planted in the ground they have dug up my plants rootball and all. Sometimes its could be a possum as well. I walk out in the woods to water and there's the whole thing, lying on the ground, wilted and dry, and an empty hole.. grrrrr

As far as payment methods, I have learned a lot of patience. Being a bit older, half my life there were no electronic/ instant payments readily available for almost anything. Y'all youngins are spoiled :p Back then CC's worried me lol.

I now prefer a direct form of payment like a CC, or there are other payment "facilitating" companies that do direct debit type methods that confirm immediately for some seed sellers. Similar to PP. And even some sellers that quietly take PP. But cash in the mail is fine too.

M.O... I just dislike having to go buy one. Though its really not much different than going to the atm or gas station or post office. Just seems like a hassle, and most of mine were the international ones from the PO.

I'm always a little more impatient on the first order of the year.. after that, meh, as long as I get what I order in a reasonable time. Its good :)

Having the ability to now order from American vendors changes everything for me. I love it.
The threat of seizure stopped my ordering for years after 3 of 4 quite pricey orders didn't make it from Euro, Spain. England. Only one of which made good later. Plus the fear of "Oh sh*t, now they now I grow".

Now I'm so comfortable and pleased with everyone I've dealt with in North America.

I have ordered a few times from Oregongreenseed. Though its been 4 or 5 yrs. ago They were the first seller in the USA I'd dealt with. Every time extremely happy.
Sorry when it gets this late, Im high, lackin sleep, I ramble like the old man I am :)
I don't mind reading and didn't feel like you were rambling.

The red cheese autos aren't even advertised on their site, at least not at the moment. I germinated a little over a month ago. I'm using Happy Frog soil and just kind of adding a little bit of nutes and only eyeballing it. They already smell. I will def post some pics when they start putting on some goodness. I've never grown outdoor before, I'm doing it surreptitiously because I can't do it in my house right now.

AlaPohaFarms

Jodi and Chris at SOS provide a solid service; 2 years and no problems. They communicate well, are efficient, slide us freebies with every order, always received the product. Shipping is 2 -3 days once payment received. They have had various options. (Best in my books is Cash App, by far) I appreciate and use their site; when I complete an order with them I feel like I just left a family residence.
Red Cheese: ran 3, all ripe and rotten fruit with one very strawberry. 1 took off to the races and ended up very large, two medium large (I run 1 gal pots).
2056B1EE-C981-428A-A638-3BCBB1C634D3.jpeg