Soil mother - phosphorus deficiency?

sandman83

Super Active Member
These have been left in 2 gallon pots with ffof for ~6 weeks now just fed tap water. This is the 4th time I've taken the tips/nodes off and discarded, I kept the 3rd batch for clones. There is a small amount of yellowing at the bottom leaves and now one is showing the following on a few leaves.

I trimmed the excess growth off and planned on giving them all a light feed of maxibloom

BG1.jpg

sandman83

Super Active Member
Hrm kinda quiet, well I'm gonna pass on giving her any nutes and gave her a foliar spray with some kelp and calmag. Planning to give the moms a week to rest from the last trimming then I'll repot them with a root trimming and some fresh FFOF.

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
Hrm kinda quiet, well I'm gonna pass on giving her any nutes and gave her a foliar spray with some kelp and calmag. Planning to give the moms a week to rest from the last trimming then I'll repot them with a root trimming and some fresh FFOF.
fwiw I feed megacrop with every watering in ffof after a few initial waterings of RO. That soil is tired but you can keep her in there forever by feeding megacrop, it's got what you need.

sandman83

Super Active Member
fwiw I feed megacrop with every watering in ffof after a few initial waterings of RO. That soil is tired but you can keep her in there forever by feeding megacrop, it's got what you need.
I've got gh 3 part and maxigrow/maxibloom, I went ahead and took that girl out of her fabric pot, shaved the rootball down and put her back in with a fresh gallon of FFOF and plain water. I fed the other mothers with tap + maxibloom @ 500ppm ~ 1tsp per 5 gallon

Saboo the Shaman

Really Active Member
I've got gh 3 part and maxigrow/maxibloom, I went ahead and took that girl out of her fabric pot, shaved the rootball down and put her back in with a fresh gallon of FFOF and plain water. I fed the other mothers with tap + maxibloom @ 500ppm ~ 1tsp per 5 gallon
Good to see you have it figured out. (y)

I've noticed the fabric pots can get almost stiff from salt buildup, too. Not sure if it is just inert leftovers or exactly what its composition is, but I've started giving the moms a proper soaking once in a while to try to flush it out, rather than just the dribble they normally get.