Smells like arse.. wtf guys i wash my businesses

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
G'day fucko's..
So have a problem fellas.. I have about 18 clones in a 6ftX6ftX6ft tent. Using some cheap arse fucken blurple Chinese led.. sold as 1200W but who fucken knows..

Anyway, Point is, I am about to up pot all the clones from solo cups into bigger pots, when me and the missus noticed 1 clone had roots that smelled like a dead dingo's bowel after sitting in a desert with maggots for a week..
Otherwise the cunt of a thing looks healthy enough.. In my inexperienced eyes...?

Now it was the only one that smelt like that (We sniffed the rest like a methed up skitzo)

So guys .. help me out.. why does that one paticular plants reek of sulphur or rancid ball cheese and arse??

Here's some photos if that's any help...???20190404_215448.jpg20190404_215453.jpg20190404_215506.jpg

Cheers in advance for ya tips.. now hurry up cunts and help me 🤣

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Hmm sorry not gonna be much help. I was gonna say probabaly root rot. But it dont look like it from the plant pic. Give it a little while im sure someone else will come in here and give some knowledge.
Cheers @Feva. I'm kinda stumped myself.. all the others in the solo cups and the 120mm pots all smell like good earth/Usual coco smell.. Except for the one that smells like I ate 5 tins of beans then dropped my guts..
Got me buggered if I kno2

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
As a preventative or if you just want peace of mind. You can get a jug of southern ag, it's the bacillus something strain. Treats pm if applied foliar, but as a root drench it will treat bacteria making your roots smell funky. 10ml pet gallon. Hydrogaurd will work too, but a much better bang for your buck with SAG.

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
Sulphur smell around roots is an indicator of the bacteria that can cause root rot.
Your roots look great on the outside, I wonder if there's an issue in the centre?
Plant looks good too.
As a precaution you could give it a few soaks in 3.5% h2o2 solution. You will have to dilute to that % based on whatever the full strength you can get hold of is.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Cheers for the fast replys everyone..
I got a little wobbly from too much of my neck fluid and couldn't reply last night.

So the roots look and feel 'normal' its got me stumped.. Might have to try that bleach dilute or fungicide, cheers

Out of about 16 clones there is only that one that smells revolting..
The plant looks healthy enough but that stench coming from the roots is beyond forgivable..

Or I might just compost the bastard and be done with it..?
I assume that if one plant has it, that it could spread to others? ?

Anyone else willing to have a stab in the dark before I commit plantacide. (horrible thing to say, I know) I have a few spare clones so chucking one out isn't going to hurt.. to much..

I don't know shit, just trying to keep myself an mates in some smoke without paying $350 an oz

Last edited:

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Cheers for the fast replys everyone..
I got a little wobbly from too much of my neck fluid and couldn't reply last night.

So the roots look and feel 'normal' its got me stumped.. Might have to try that bleach dilute or fungicide, cheers

Out of about 16 clones there is only that one that smells revolting..
The plant looks healthy enough but that stench coming from the roots is beyond forgivable..

Or I might just compost the bastard and be done with it..?
I assume that if one plant has it, that it could spread to others? ?

Anyone else willing to have a stab in the dark before I commit plantacide. (horrible thing to say, I know) I have a few spare clones so chucking one out isn't going to hurt.. to much..

I don't know shit, just trying to keep myself an mates in some smoke without paying $350 an oz
Id just mix 1 cup household 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to a gallon of water and flush it really good. Only byproduct from H2o2 is water. Bout as safe of a remedy you can get for damn near free. It will kill off the bacteria in the root ball. Likely make the plant super happy from the oxygen produced as well. Worth a shot before culling it.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
So.. apparently.. Last night i indulged in a decent amount of the old neck fluid.. a full carton and half a bottle of rum..

In doing so I apparently up potted about 10 plants, including the stinky arse one.. which I forgot where I put the fucker and of course I didn't label the bastard..
I'm almost too scared to open the tent..

Could whatever is causing the stink possibly spread to the other plants if I can't find it to treat/eliminate it??

Oh and apparently I chatted to the neighbor I'd never met for like 15 minutes and kept complimenting how soft her hands were.. wtf is wrong with me..

Then it seems that I made up 3 batches of nutes..
well at least I semi help myself 😂

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
I did end up getting drunk and up potting a heap of clones, lost track of the stinky one 🤪..
They do all seem healthy now, on a drain to waste with a dripper set up, feeding 5 times a day for a minute.. They all seem healthy enough but are stretching more than I'd like 🤔, I blame that on the cheap shitty blurple china lights..
I guess time will tell