Slugs are mf'ers

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
My sis uses yogurt cups with beer in them. Every time I go over there theres hardly room for another slug in the cup. She swears it keeps them busy, and off of her prized flowers (non canna).
Yep, I second the beer method. My old nan used to do it to keep the slimy pricks off her tomatoes.
Can of beer in a saucer or bowl. They love it.
Through winter she'd rig up a little cover on an angle so the bowl didn't fill with water

SCJedi

Synergist
Beer works but I'd rather drink it. I would use DE for slugs and snails but for some reason the small slugs under my straw mulch and just happy enough where they are and don't mess with the ladies. Perhaps I'm just lucky?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Beer works but I'd rather drink it. I would use DE for slugs and snails but for some reason the small slugs under my straw mulch and just happy enough where they are and don't mess with the ladies. Perhaps I'm just lucky?
Yeah, I am not giving them any beer either, but the yeast,flour,sugar mixture they are welcome to.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I’ll have to cage a few dozen frogs in around my plants give em a bowl of water to jump into to keep them alive.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
What ended up working the best was going out after dark with a big flashlight and a pair of scissors and killing the crap out of them.

I put bone meal at the base of my tomatos and when I went out at night with the light, the slugs were eating the bone meal like someone was ringing a dinner bell. Every patch of bone meal had at least 4 slugs....chop chop!