Silica in flower thoughts comments...

I stop using Silica in flower I use armor si

I keep seeing power si veg and and bloom

Do you use silica in flower? Have you tried power si?

should I use silica in flower...if so how long?

any thoughts on power si?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I personally use Silica Blast (Botanicare) during the whole grow just like calmag. I use RO water, so I add a full dose of calmag and a half dose of silica to every batch of water. I never add any extra of either based on the stage of veg or flower

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Depends on strain but most of the time I use europena silica its powerful stuff, I have used it thru the whole grow, half way and only at the beginning, for my environment using it past the half way through flower doesn't seem to make a big difference so I been backing off at halfway, do use it for PH up if I need up, first time I ever tried it the growth overnight shocked me! Been a believer ever since...

Last edited:
I roll like H.A.F. and just keep it simple(KISS ftw) and add 25ml to every 5gal of nutes no matter if it's in veg or flower until flush. I don't think it really effects taste or adds any harshness to my end buds but it damn sure does shit to my stems that grow/hold them buds up. Last time I bought silica I went with Bloom City because Amazon wouldn't let me buy Botanicare for some reason. Think it might be because the word "explode" was in the description lol. I tried to sneak some in my foliar spray but that turned out to be a bad idea cuz the leaves don't absorb all of it and it spots them up a bit. https://www.bloom.city/products/supplement-silica

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
and see no noticeable gains.
Silica is not there for buds, except for the actual structure of them, like maybe the leaf-stem thickness on bud leaves or something. It is there for cell-wall structure and strength. Sturdier plants mainly. If you have a skinny stem strain that gets floppy with weight, silica might have been a fix, or it might have been worse without it. That kind of thing.

Streetpro09

Tester
Silica is not there for buds, except for the actual structure of them, like maybe the leaf-stem thickness on bud leaves or something. It is there for cell-wall structure and strength. Sturdier plants mainly. If you have a skinny stem strain that gets floppy with weight, silica might have been a fix, or it might have been worse without it. That kind of thing.
I was saying i see no gains in stiffness or strength. So it's probably unnecessary to use 2 ml/gal but i haven't really done any side by side testing.

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
I had really good results with TPS nutrients. My secret sauce is added is molasses seaweed, humic flower fuel but out of the box TPS has been an excellent value. I will say if you have your base organics dialed in most gaps are covered. They even cover cal mag in the one line.

This is their feed chart and silica is recommended throughout flower. I also use dyna grow protek veg formula as a supplement trying to use up what I've got. On another note silica benefits include overcoming heat stress and repelling bugs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was saying i see no gains in stiffness or strength. So it's probably unnecessary to use 2 ml/gal but i haven't really done any side by side testing.
I though you meant gains in yield or something LOL

Last edited:

BREWTUS

Cheers
I'm only using ~2.5ml/gl, and I have stuff at random stages of flower. It ain't hurt nothin' yet using it until the end.
That's pretty much what I do too per the instructions. I haven't taken it that far as I've read that it can affect taste in the final product. Whether or not that actually is the case I'm not sure. Figured I'd best not leave it to chance I guess...