Should have done this sooner!

_T_

The mighty T.
Hey guys! You can call me "T".

Let me start by saying. I'm fucking hammered and stoned right now. Forgive any spelling or grammatical errors.

What can I say about myself? Well, I've been growing weed since I was 17. I started with Master Kush from an overseas seed bank that, I can't remember the name of anymore. Back then, the user known on here as "Rocman91" and I, whom are best friends since childhood used my small bedroom closet with nothing but a twin bulb, 4 foot florescent work bench light that we got from Home Depot. That light, which we've dubbed "Ol' Glory" still is used sporadically when I have overflow of veg plants or I just feel nostalgic.

Let me actually tell you a funny story about us as growers. I'll tell him about this post and maybe he can fill in any gaps I missed. We started out before the days of in-depth YouTube tutorials and the like. We were 17 and 19 respectively (He's older) and we knew nothing about growing weed. The only thing we actually had to work with, given our youthful ignorance and lack of resources was the old "Mr. Green - I grow chronic" YouTube video:

That video, along with a few other rudimentary resources were all we had to go on. But of course, being dumb teenagers. We didn't have any money. The light he has was around $400 at the time, and that was more then we made in a month.

So, we did what any true budding grow enthusiast would do. We smoked a blunt, and went to the local garden supply store. High off our nut sacks, we walked in and browsed the grow light section for a few minutes. Now mind you, this wasn't a hydro grow shop. It was the kind of place you go to buy stuff for your garden. More like the garden supply section at Home Depot than what we needed.

Our budget was $50. Not $500, but we were determined. We spent a few minutes just geeked out of our skulls when two guys who worked there walked up at the same time. Now, this was one of those heart pumping for no reason other than we're stoned, terrifying moments so the conversations details are lost.

But what I do remember is they thought we were stealing stuff, that's why they had two guys approach us. They never said that, but it was obvious. Anyway, we gave them some rambling, obvious lie of a story about how we needed to grow plants for science class. As soon as we said that, the two guys shot each other a look like "Growing weed" and the younger of the two walked away.

This part, I remember very clearly. I was in a social anxiety riddled, cannabis fueled daze. Barley paying attention to the conversation as Rocman carried it for me, like the true friend he is.
Older guy: "So, what are you guys growing for your classes?"
Rocman: "Ohh, I'm doing tomatoes and _T_ is doing... What are you doing again?"
Me: "Ohh, ughhh. Cabages!"
Older guy: "Ahh..."

I knew, he knew that I knew that he knew I was lying. I just hung my head...

We ended up growing like 8 out of 10 of the seeds and EVERY. LAST. ONE. got stolen. The biggest was 10 feet tall. We literally watched as some dude ran away with it. My dirt bike got stuck in thorn bushes as I tried to take a shortcut...

So anyway, yeah. I thought I just tell a fun story to formally introduce myself. I do have aspirations to be a SciFi writer and am a decent 3D modeler and CG artist, though I'd like to keep that world separate from this one until it goes legal here. Which looks like it'll be soon. However, if you need any 3D modeling or graphic design done.. I'm your man!

What else? Huge nerd when it comes to anything space or Sci-Fi. I have a weird "fetish" for tactical gear and modern tech like drones and 3D printers. I have so much of that crap, I don't even really know what I have. But I probably have it. I'm the guy you can ask for the most obscure, property tool for an N64, and I have the full set. Need to mount your nods? I probably have the mount...

My profile pic is actually my current run with some super-quick edits thrown over the top. It's a Dreamcatcher from Greenspoint. I had a massive timer failure that ruined my last crop of Ice Cream Wedding Cake. Thankfully, the DC was still in stretch when the timer fucked up, and literally just did a second stretch. I think it actually made it bigger. I do have another Ice Cream in my flower tent that's about a week or two out of stretch.

So yeah, this might be long. IDK. But hey, I look forward to getting to know everyone, so I figured I'd help you know me as best as I can.

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
You and I have some of the same interests/hobbies. I’ve been into graphic design since I was a kid and was really active in the RC aircraft hobby until the FAA swooped in and fucked it up for all of us. I had a contract lined up with a local realtor to do the flyovers of all their properties, when the FAA forced everyone to stop using them for commercial purposes, and I still have a Droidworks AD6 frame and gimbal sitting in a desk that I stopped building during all that bullshit. I really enjoyed the bigger RC airplanes and helis more, though. It’s been a good 2-3 years since I flew my helis, and I’d probably shake like a leaf if I tried to fly them now, so they are just wall ornaments currently.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
You and I have some of the same interests/hobbies. I’ve been into graphic design since I was a kid and was really active in the RC aircraft hobby until the FAA swooped in and fucked it up for all of us. I had a contract lined up with a local realtor to do the flyovers of all their properties, when the FAA forced everyone to stop using them for commercial purposes, and I still have a Droidworks AD6 frame and gimbal sitting in a desk that I stopped building during all that bullshit. I really enjoyed the bigger RC airplanes and helis more, though. It’s been a good 2-3 years since I flew my helis, and I’d probably shake like a leaf if I tried to fly them now, so they are just wall ornaments currently.
I also have a hanger of RC, We never got into helicopters but sailplanes and planes, I was thinking the other day I should at least hang a few in the shop vs having them stored away, I haven't flown in over 15 years, essentially since I lost my middle son to suicide, we flew mostly in the winter using ponds as runways since the local clubs wanted $$ and required licenses, we just wanted to fly 😬

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I also have a hanger of RC, We never got into helicopters but sailplanes and planes, I was thinking the other day I should at least hang a few in the shop vs having them stored away, I haven't flown in over 15 years, essentially since I lost my middle son to suicide, we flew mostly in the winter using ponds as runways since the local clubs wanted $$ and required licenses, we just wanted to fly 😬
Planes are very calming to fly, so I hope to get back into them someday when I have more free time on my hands. The biggest one I owned was a 20cc Taylorcraft with an 80" wingspan and I loved flying that thing. I kept some of my stick built planes, and even some un-built kits, because I know I will get back into them someday.

This was one of my favorite helis to fly that I have collecting dust on the office wall...a Goblin 500.
vltUBlF.jpg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Sorry for your loss, Man. Condolences.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Planes are very calming to fly, so I hope to get back into them someday when I have more free time on my hands. The biggest one I owned was a 20cc Taylorcraft with an 80" wingspan and I loved flying that thing. I kept some of my stick built planes, and even some un-built kits, because I know I will get back into them someday.

This was one of my favorite helis to fly that I have collecting dust on the office wall...a Goblin 500.
View attachment 87270
Another new RC plane was harder to hide then packs of seeds lol, but I must have a dozen complete planes not counting the ones who we drove into the ground over the years and 6-8 kits yet to be built, we self taught with a glider with an .049 cox engine pod, all my radios are way out of certification, still using some 4 ch.AM. Futabas had just bought a 8 ch FM when I quit flying, never tried helis other than mini electric, 1/4 scale sure look cool..

_T_

The mighty T.
Like growing weed, I just fly anyway. Free men don't ask permission. ;)

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Like growing weed, I just fly anyway. Free men don't ask permission. ;)
It’s a little harder to get away with a commercial venture like aerial videography than hobby flying. What soured the hobby for me was I became president of a local AMA flying field hoping to try to bring it more up to date. The guy I replaced, who actually asked me to take his place, changed his mind and did everything he could to make my time at the field miserable.