Seeds V. Clones

D

Deleted member 60

I go from seed outdoors.....but it isn't an aversion to clones or any suspect that they will not perform as well as seeds. I just don't take clones anymore due to space considerations and overall needs (and an old habit that would likely see me taking hundreds of the fuckers...LOL).

The bonus I see in growing clones...whether they are smaller than seed plants or not....which I don't think is true but have only grown a few outside...not enough to judge, for sure.....is that by growing clones you avoid the duds and the plants that just don't come through as you wish they would have. Clones are a sure bet...seeds are a crap shoot.

Can't say for sure about the regs vs. fems either...but I never hear any complaints about the products I offer folks...quite the contrary in fact. FWIW... I have 50 years of puffin under my belt that says "No difference"....but then again...I haven't ran a reg seed in over 15 years...LOL. Again...I don't have the time/space or need...to run 10 plants...9 of which are males. THAT was always my experience. Thus...back then ('90-2010 or so)...all I ran was clones. Lotsa clones. (indoors) That is..unless I wanted to pheno hunt a new strain for clone runs.

IF we didn't have plant limits I'd for sure pot up a buncha little clones and watch em go nuts outside. Because they are already mature...i think they would likely flower faster....but again...all speculation here. Definitely would be fun. No arguments there.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
As far as indoors in a few of my recent grows I had seed and clones. The clones started budding up faster. So like sticky said they will finish sooner is what I am guessing. Not sure but I would have to guess that maybe the seed has an extra week or so of still switching from veg to flower so maybe they will get one weeks worth bigger if that makes sense. Not sure though

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As far as indoors in a few of my recent grows I had seed and clones. The clones started budding up faster. So like sticky said they will finish sooner is what I am guessing. Not sure but I would have to guess that maybe the seed has an extra week or so of still switching from veg to flower so maybe they will get one weeks worth bigger if that makes sense. Not sure though
You're talking maybe a week faster for clones if you flip at the same time - if you mean which will start flowering faster. For a lengthy outdoor grow that won't make much difference will it?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
I'll suggest there may be another dimension to the question. Is the plant being grown in the backyard where it can get daily care / water or in a guerilla situation ? Is the plant in a container or in the ground ? A container has physical size limits, in theory the ground may not.

Top picture is a hemp plant from seed. Second pic is a hemp plant from clone.

Pictures came from a study - https://ncfarmsinc.com/articles/root-comparison-seedlings-vs-clones/

1603341828880.png

1603341858055.png