Seed Storage Container

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
My brother makes these cedar lined ammo can humidors and sells them to friends. I traded him some fresh veggies from the garden for one last night and it is perfect for seed storage! If my seed collection gets out of control then I can just remove the tray to make more room. Just thought I'd share it, because it beats tossing them in a cubby or a drawer. I just noticed I have a 69% boveda in there...that must've come from his cigar stuff last night. I'll need to swap that out with something lower in RH.

seed_box.jpg

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
My brother makes these cedar lined ammo can humidors and sells them to friends. I traded him some fresh veggies from the garden for one last night and it is perfect for seed storage! If my seed collection gets out of control then I can just remove the tray to make more room. Just thought I'd share it, because it beats tossing them in a cubby or a drawer. I just noticed I have a 69% boveda in there...that must've come from his cigar stuff last night. I'll need to swap that out with something lower in RH.

View attachment 65478
Got mine in a Nike box , about to add another 😎

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'll say that the one issue I'm having with my box is getting the humidity in it down. My brother had it setup as a humidor, so it was sitting at just above 70%, so the wood in it is really holding onto that moisture. I'm thinking about putting the whole thing in the oven at a low temp to bake the moisture out of the wood. Or, if worse comes to worse, I'll just remove the wood, and just use the can. I hope I don't have to, though, because I like the two sections in there.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I'll say that the one issue I'm having with my box is getting the humidity in it down. My brother had it setup as a humidor, so it was sitting at just above 70%, so the wood in it is really holding onto that moisture. I'm thinking about putting the whole thing in the oven at a low temp to bake the moisture out of the wood. Or, if worse comes to worse, I'll just remove the wood, and just use the can. I hope I don't have to, though, because I like the two sections in there.
Could u just Ziploc them? I mean if they're in sealed breeders packs it doesn't matter anyways

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Could u just Ziploc them? I mean if they're in sealed breeders packs it doesn't matter anyways
Yeah, it probably doesn't matter for the most part. All my purchased seeds are in sealed breeders packs. All my own seeds are in small individual plastic cetrifuge vials, 10 seeds per vial, and those vials are in a sealed plastic jar with a screw top. I'm pretty sure just the little vials hold the RH well because I had one in the jar that had moldy seeds in it, due to me accidentally putting one seed in that vial that wasn't dry enough, and it didn't spread to anything else in the jar. The mold was only contained inside that one little vial.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Yeah, it probably doesn't matter for the most part. All my purchased seeds are in sealed breeders packs. All my own seeds are in small individual plastic cetrifuge vials, 10 seeds per vial, and those vials are in a sealed plastic jar with a screw top. I'm pretty sure just the little vials hold the RH well because I had one in the jar that had moldy seeds in it, due to me accidentally putting one seed in that vial that wasn't dry enough, and it didn't spread to anything else in the jar. The mold was only contained inside that one little vial.
Yeah I use rice and just put all my stuff in Ziplocs. Gotta think that's plenty

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I use a old tin from the 1980's.
All breeders have there own baggie so its easy for me to get what I want to pop.
Loose packs on the top are the next in line.
World of seeds affy kush and ill be popping special affy kush with those in the near future lolView attachment 66218
now thats a vintage quality street can.

I use a bud keeper that i broke the lid of (it could hold a QP of buds) and an embroidery case for all the open packs. It is this plastic vac seal thing that would work except for the buds make everything stick so plastic never works out. But i pushed it on there CRACK. I use that for all my sealed packs. All the open stuff i carefully peel the label off and put it on one of these. There are not many empty jars. I have been going over some of the 3 and unders and putting them all in at once but its perpetual too.

seed case.JPG

Stoned Cold Bulldog

that's nice. my shit is taking up fridge space in both bottom crispers lol. and had some over flow on the next shelf up. mainly in jewelry/sewing type muti space cases. hell i'm over 350 now. smdh for years never stored in the fridge and then when i could i didn't have sinse enough . finally woke and all in the fridge. might help some of those old ass treasures pop when it's theor turn.