Sea Weed: So How'd you day go Honey?

Vee

Ancient Member
I awoke and borrowed the babes car...my shit Range Rover died again last week; transmission errors they say
I found the seaweed I wanted..I drove down to the beach..and park carefully and drag a shit huge bag with me
picking up the kelp as I go, within half an hour I had a huge bag of wet sea weed very heavy, it took over an hour to get it back to the car, by then I was (fucked) totally tired.
I spent another 15mins or so getting it into this shitty volkswagon jetta thing,
halfway home I get pulled by a cop(ex g/f) whoose still got those really mean nasty type eyes..
I try the $20.00 bribe but she knows my tricks, so like Belushi(BlueBrothers) I give up wimpy pleady type of guy I am, and promise a beer and pizza night, I tell her its my sisters car, that she hasn't ever met..she lets me go

I get it home hose the weed down with fresh water once laid over the yard..rains due so smell won't be a problem
but for the car? full of seawater sand and even fishing nylon ...another hassle
see guys it was easier for me to go to the shop and buy the Kelp meal

but it was a workout, that I'll never have to do again
just waiting on a buddy to drop of a 200L(45usg) plastic bin to hold the tea

more to come (I just know it)

cheers/

Vee

Ancient Member
Update: Laid out the sea weed on the lawn and hose it off,, the rain did the rest
now its soaking in the 200 litre drum...washing of any residue salts
once this stuff get Re- wetted its real crap ...lol

like shitty gel stuff most definatly turn anyone of Jello ...lol

I'm currently seeking out the ideal TDS of concentrated sea weed tea
anyone got any pointers?

cheers/

ps just chopped all the sea weed into 4x2 inch strips filled with outgassed water now for the long soak

thanks for reading

Last edited:

Vee

Ancient Member
For Comparison I've included the details of 2 commercial preparations

Grow More 6024 Seaweed Extract 11%, 1-Pint
  • Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed extract is 100 percent natural liquefied organic kelp
  • Cold water processed to preserve natural occurring growth hormones
  • May be applied to fruits and vegetables at any time of the growing season without residue
  • Promotes vigorous root system and dark green foliage
  • Available in 16-ounce bottle
also

Product Brochure (PDF)

Feeding Schedule (PDF)

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Age Old Fish & Seaweed may be used in both leaf feed and soil drench applications. It is a concentrated product and must be diluted with water prior to use. Soak seeds for higher germination rates. Soak roots for greater root mass and less transplant shock.

New Seedlings: At time of planting apply 4 to 6 oz per 1,000 square feet or dilute one Tbsp per gallon of water and drench row. Repeat every 2 to 3 weeks, during growing season.

Ornamentals: Blend 2 to 4 oz per gallon of water and apply as a foliar spray over the landscape every 2 to 4 weeks. Increase application frequency for stressed plants.

Vegetables & Field Crops: Apply 1 to 2 pints per acre under normal conditions every 3 to 4 weeks. Under stressful conditions, apply every 2 to 3 weeks as a foliar application.

Above offered as a general guideline only