SCROG'd 2x2 best light option. Flowering now need suggestions.

VAHomegrown

Wifes girls! Normally a small veg tent we occasionally use that was put together from old components I had laying around. I just set this up the other day for her to tend. She started some late net training but they seem to be doing ok. It currently has an old Gixxer 1000 LED, (China Special lol) providing light to 2 Brisco's Big Black Bananas (Big Bananas×Black Banana Cookies). The light pulls 114w from the wall measured by my killawatt meter. I used it successfully several years ago on one small auto and was pleased then with the bud density and dry weight (I don't recall numbers)
My questions:
Is there another light I could purchase for a reasonable price that would provide much greater results? I just bought my dream home (tiny mountain cottage) a new work truck and started my own business in last 6 months so I don't have much money to spend (yeah mid life crisis for sure)
Or
Should I just leave it as is and update you guys weekly?

These were switched to 12/12 on July 2.
Started in 1 gallon pots, transplanted 1.5 weeks before 12/12 switch. Soil mix is
FF CoCo Loco, FF Ocean Forest, Perlite, Vermiculite, Dynomyco, RAW Silica.

Feeding FF Trio, Incredible Bulk, cal mag.

Running 6" Exhaust fan with an Ink Bird Controller

Unfortunately I do not have a PAR/LUX meter to provide you with current numbers.20210711_064410.jpg20210710_053138.jpg20210711_064355.jpg

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This is a great option for the price, too. The only downside is that the dimmer is a pot built into the driver, but you really only need to change the brightness when you change between veg and flower. I run two of these in my 2x4 tent and don't even need to turn them all the way up.

Iooks like an awesome light. Can we get it in the US? I looked all over and they were all being sold from European retailers.
The Groplanner website Shane links to for that video says no taxes and free shipping to the US.
Cheers, Z.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I have had really good results with a 65w QB 2700k and 6500k flowering in small spaces. I even had to buy a dimmer. It seems like with the Q boards a little goes a long way. I noticed the 6500 keeps them more sqaut and more color.They are were 100 on amazon. These were clones grown under the 2700 65w. I had to shut down my bigger lights because of heat problems in the summer. The 65 I can run year round and keep my jars full. Got clones in there now!

Attachments

VAHomegrown

I have had really good results with a 65w QB 2700k and 6500k flowering in small spaces. I even had to buy a dimmer. It seems like with the Q boards a little goes a long way. I noticed the 6500 keeps them more sqaut and more color.They are were 100 on amazon. These were clones grown under the 2700 65w. I had to shut down my bigger lights because of heat problems in the summer. The 65 I can run year round and keep my jars full. Got clones in there now!
Those look amazing

VAHomegrown

I ended up going with another cheaper ViparSpectra board. I got the150w version of the 400w I run in my 4x2. It fits the 2x2 perfectly and the visible light output it fantastic. I like having the same spectrum of light with both and the built in dimmers. I've had really good success with the p4000 so I'm hoping for the same out of the 1500. I picked mine up for $115 on Amazon. The plants seem to like the light, I've been running it at 40% the past two days to acclimate them to the light and have seen almost an inch of growth.
It pulls 153w on high.

Attachments