Runoff is a tad hot

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

larf

That took forever. It didn't take too long to get some runoff from the pots I flushed yesterday, so I'm probably going to hand water once a day from now on. The Blumats will be used to prevent the plants from drying out in between waterings.

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
I was looking at their site and they aren't too expensive if you're only growing a few plants. Are you just using one unit? I forget how many plants you usually run. I may consider bringing my plant count down to under 20 to use the next gen model.
First run with the single unit is just about in the books. I’ve purchased the Fm-20 and it’s awaiting this run to come down

larf

First run with the single unit is just about in the books. I’ve purchased the Fm-20 and it’s awaiting this run to come down
Did you get an early hookup? I didn't see the newer one on the site. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
Did you get an early hookup? I didn't see the newer one on the site. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah I got hooked up early. He ran out of chips to build more ffs with the 🌎 chip shortage.

Gave me the new ”brain” for free in exchange for my old one, and each additional 4 pump module was $130 I think?

larf

Yeah I got hooked up early. He ran out of chips to build more ffs with the 🌎 chip shortage.

Gave me the new ”brain” for free in exchange for my old one, and each additional 4 pump module was $130 I think?
I was checking this thing out, and the scale is what triggers on / off? That's pretty cool if so. Do you have to use saucers? I hope not because I hate shop vacuuming runoff out of a bunch of saucers. It used to take me as long to vacuum as it took to water.

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
I was checking this thing out, and the scale is what triggers on / off? That's pretty cool if so. Do you have to use saucers? I hope not because I hate shop vacuuming runoff out of a bunch of saucers. It used to take me as long to vacuum as it took to water.
The whole brain with work in conjunction with the feed and waste. Let’s say you set waste to 20% run off, then it’ll adjust itself throughout the whole grow to maintain the 20% run off. So it’ll slowly up the feed time as the plants grown to maintain the 20% run off.

I don’t have the scales I just run the brain and pumps to feed, so I have to determine my own feed intervals

larf

The whole brain with work in conjunction with the feed and waste. Let’s say you set waste to 20% run off, then it’ll adjust itself throughout the whole grow to maintain the 20% run off. So it’ll slowly up the feed time as the plants grown to maintain the 20% run off.

I don’t have the scales I just run the brain and pumps to feed, so I have to determine my own feed intervals
I see. That's cool. I noticed that they were coming out with rockwool caps. If I can daisy chain them I may buy the 4 channel version for my bonsai mothers. They are becoming similar to a SOG setup, so it's difficult to maneuver my watering wand. I have them in rows of Dutch leach trays that I could flood, but that wastes a ton of water.

I've also been considering going back to rockwool slabs. I was thinking I could probably sit two of the 6" drip rings on the slab. I could use the leach trays and seal them in with panda film, which lets the roots go ballistic. I think that might actually be the perfect setup.