Rosin

Elmer_Budd

Hey guys I am new to the Rosin process. I recently got a NugSmasher X and will be using high quality shake with it. Reaching out for any tips and tricks to get the best end product/yeild. Currently using 37 Micron filters. My first batch struggled with taste a little bit. Also curious about different ways to change the consistency. @Heisenbeans said we Have some pro extractors in here
@gwheels🙌 Thanks for any input y'all have for me🔥🔥

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hey guys I am new to the Rosin process. I recently got a NugSmasher X and will be using high quality shake with it. Reaching out for any tips and tricks to get the best end product/yeild. Currently using 37 Micron filters. My first batch struggled with taste a little bit. Also curious about different ways to change the consistency. @Heisenbeans said we Have some pro extractors in here
@gwheels🙌 Thanks for any input y'all have for me🔥🔥
Welcome. There is already a ton of info on this site already. Hop over to the concentrates and oil threads and look around.

Elmer_Budd

Thanks man I'm still new at navigating this place. I'll def be driving into the threads. Ive read a lot about pressing flower just can't find too much on pressing shake specifically.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Shake? You talkin about Uncle H's leftovers? :) Well, personally I'd do bubble hash but rosin is a real close second. You are going to need to make a puck to start with...go check out the rosin threads here and you'll glean much info.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
With shake and a press, your gonna get the best results from turning it all into bubble hash before pressing. Press it low and increase pressure slowly to prevent blowouts. Look up cold curing and warm curing, as well as jar tek for some ideas on how you can manipulate the end product.

D

Deleted member 60

Nice machine.

37 and 45 mic bags are for pressing bubble hash. For flower you either go bagless (guys here who do will chime in, I'm sure) or go with 90 to 110 micron bags,

I love my bubble hash but if you live in proximity to our beanmakin friend the humidity may deal you a fit on the drying side. Maybe someone else who has made bubble in higher humidity conditions/areas can chime in here as well with their experiences. I'm in Colorado and it still takes me a good 3 weeks to dry it.

I'd say try makin pucks and doin the bagless method and see where it goes. I press @ 208-210F for 140 seconds.

I'm not a fan of doin all that work/spending the time to dry it/chop it/baby it so it doesn't mold then press bubble hash. Yields suck and IMO....there's no increase in quality...just a decrease in how much hash you have.

With the 37 mic I'm guessing the rosin got too hot and couldn't escape the bag. What did ooze out may have overheated. The higher the temps the higher the yield...but taste suffers badly. I think you prolly have enough trim to shoot for quality over quantity.