Rosin...what do you press at

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Hi.
I have a dulytech press and truth be told it is a bit of a dust gathering machine at the moment. I was tempted to sell it but when i grow more product for personal use i can press until i get the learning curve out of the way and get some decent yield. And I can decarb the pucks for edibles in the ardent.

Long preamble to get to....What do you press your flowers at?

Last time i tried 212F on both plates for 2 minutes. Tasty

Do you keep your rosin material green or dry? I pressed green flowers. The yield has always sucked so i cant use that as a gauge but wow did it taste good. The flavor and terps were solid. More like shatter than hash oil.

What temp do you use?

If dry how dry? (62.5% boveda dry?)

What is your favorite strain to press?

Best yield and yielder?

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Mine is the manual 3 x 5 plate model. I will give it a go next harvest. I am smoking my way through this one nicely :D

And rosin may actually get me stoned. :eek:. Like edibles do.

D

Deleted member 60

I gotta further the experiments with "edibles" cus that high eludes me big time. I've tried for years with lots of products from lots of sources...including my own bakes/etc.....all to no real avail. Might make me jones it less for a doob/smoke sesh...but it's not the knockdown most folks speak of. not even close. i can eat them cookies one after another. Wouldn't even try gummies....10mg? I could eat 5 boxes and I'd just be sick at my stomach from the sugar and dye and flavoring...

Sucks cus my lungs could use a break. Thinking of buying some caps and fillin em with rosin and seeing how many it takes...or if i ever get there. The onloy time I ever got an eefect from ingestion was on the plane coming back from A-Dam......ate about 3 grams of black hash rather than trash it in the can at the airport (wife was freaking I was gonna take it with me...so i just looked at her and ate it) FLOATED back across the pond. LOVED it......but have never gotten that effect since....and I've dose pretty big doses in an attempt. more research needed.....would really love to break through on this..

Highsince76

Super Active Member
A lot of good info in this thread so far.
And decarbing the rosin pucks is unnecessary, I've read that they are decarbed from the squeezing.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I use an ardent lift. I push a button and it is decarbed in 1 hour and 45. Then i can infuse the buds into oil or eat them all terpy and delicious. Bud eating is dangerous. I think I ate a 1/4 one time and thought it was a lot less. But what a solid buzz. 6 hours and then i fell asleep for 8 hours.

Rosin should be amazing decarbed into candy.

And pucks too. I would run the puck in the Ardent lift too. Why not.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
arb
I use an ardent lift. I push a button and it is decarbed in 1 hour and 45. Then i can infuse the buds into oil or eat them all terpy and delicious. Bud eating is dangerous. I think I ate a 1/4 one time and thought it was a lot less. But what a solid buzz. 6 hours and then i fell asleep for 8 hours.

Rosin should be amazing decarbed into candy.

And pucks too. I would run the puck in the Ardent lift too. Why not.
@gwheels are you using the ardent lift to decarb the buds before you press them or using it to decarb the rosin after you press it. Sorry for the confusion i am new to the rosin seen. And maybe a dumb question but is the decarb process completed when you vape it with the heat from the device.

Highsince76

Super Active Member
@gwheels are you using the ardent lift to decarb the buds before you press them or using it to decarb the rosin after you press it. Sorry for the confusion i am new to the rosin seen. And maybe a dumb question but is the decarb process completed when you vape it with the heat from the device.
Hey Capt,
Decarbing is what you want to do to weed before you make edibles or ingest it. The way I understand it, you won't get high from it if you don't decarb it first.

The couple times I have decarbed, I've used the trimmings and larf from my grow. Put in oven on cookie sheet for something like 240F for 20 minutes. After that, made it into butter, which went into cookies.

Back a few postings I said rosin pucks don't need further decarbing. I don't remember where exactly I seen that but I think it was a you tube on making rosin.

But looking at the chart gwheels posted, I think that would be wrong. A one to two minute squeeze making rosin isn't long enough to decarb it. I'd follow stiickygreens advice and heat it in a oven if you wanted to use them to make edibles with that is.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hey Capt,
Decarbing is what you want to do to weed before you make edibles or ingest it. The way I understand it, you won't get high from it if you don't decarb it first.

The couple times I have decarbed, I've used the trimmings and larf from my grow. Put in oven on cookie sheet for something like 240F for 20 minutes. After that, made it into butter, which went into cookies.

Back a few postings I said rosin pucks don't need further decarbing. I don't remember where exactly I seen that but I think it was a you tube on making rosin.
Cool that is where i was confused i did not realize it was just for edibles. Thanks

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I like strong edibles I decarb for that. I ate a 3 gram decarbed black diamond bud this evening. Very tasty just starting to hum along now