Rosin Press....how much

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
How much do you put in the parchment when you press?
I have the dulytech smaller model with the 3 x 5 plates. I built a jigg from a piece of pipe and a C clamp and make toonie sized pucks to press but do you find filling it is better?
A toonie is a coin about 1 1/4 in diameter. (2 canadian dollars)
I have a plastic pipe piece that holds two toonies and then press them together full of buds inbetween with a c clamp. They end up about 1.5 grams per puck.

I have pressed about 2 or 3 oz and have had terrible yields but...wow rosin is good. Maybe the product was not.

And all the pucks get proper decarbed and then thrown in edibles so there is no lost product.

I am getting close to actually having material to press. And I found 2 parchments from the sourD i grew...and they were not scraped (this morning). So i am having some rosin in the bong later.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
do you grind it or just fill that bag with buds? And flip them inside out apparantly...purepressure.com is a wonderful source of entertainment and information.

But i will not pay for a jig to make pucks. Even though theirs are snazzy.

D

Deleted member 60

I just stuff bud in there. I use a grey, 1" poly pipe coupler to stick in the bag and then funnel the nugs through the pipe/into the bag. I press it down as I go....then flatten it before I press.

I bought a pre-press with my press but I don't use it. Just not the right size/etc. I originally thought I'd be pre-pressing and heating my pucks before pressing but doing so that makes the oil super dark...so I take a pass.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
How much do you put in the parchment when you press?
I have the dulytech smaller model with the 3 x 5 plates. I built a jigg from a piece of pipe and a C clamp and make toonie sized pucks to press but do you find filling it is better?
A toonie is a coin about 1 1/4 in diameter. (2 canadian dollars)
I have a plastic pipe piece that holds two toonies and then press them together full of buds inbetween with a c clamp. They end up about 1.5 grams per puck.

I have pressed about 2 or 3 oz and have had terrible yields but...wow rosin is good. Maybe the product was not.

And all the pucks get proper decarbed and then thrown in edibles so there is no lost product.

I am getting close to actually having material to press. And I found 2 parchments from the sourD i grew...and they were not scraped (this morning). So i am having some rosin in the bong later.
I do mine very similar to yours. I don't weight them but probably 2-3 grams. Just make sure your pressing material has enough moisture in it. Some where around 60% RH or higher should give you the best return. The lower the humidity of the material will greatly affect yield

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'm using "Oil Slick" parchment paper. Got it on a SALE they had a bit ago. The paper is slightly curled when you pull it from the pack.....so they said they were "seconds" and I bought 250 sheet (OK..I bought 500) for $5 per 250. I really like this paper but you have to kinda hold the bag in place as the jaws of death start to close because between the nylon bag and the slickness of this paper...the bag will try to slide out the side of the press somewhat if it's off center....

And it's too large to fit in my press...so a bit of "Stoner Origami" was in order. Took me a few stabs to figure it out...but all of the sudden the light of familiarity came on and I thought..."ah...the old "bender"" (grinds teeth...bites lip...can't feel my nose). Like dis....

View attachment 11694
View attachment 11695
View attachment 11696
View attachment 11697

Makes a nice little pouch for the bag...
View attachment 11698
LOL i thought you were getting ready to package up some Devil dust.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I wonder when i will press my first bud you guys are making me want to try this lol
If you do get yourself a press and are looking for a good pen to consume it with you may want to try the Dank Fung connoisseur. I purchased one not long ago and i like it a lot.