Rockwool cube

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I got rockwool cubes and i can get them working and all i just dont know what exactly to do with it.

with an 8 x 8 x 8 rockwool cube...can i put a cutting in that and just water it likes its in coco ? (a lot less because of the water retention but same idea i mean). Its the Big Mama ! (saw me coming eh).

how big would that be do you think when compared to a pot?

And do i start a cube...then when that cube is big just put it on top of the 8 inch cube? I have a topanga in a cube and thats as good as anything to give it a go.

Its either hand water or that cube in 1 flood and drain...to make a bud monster. I think it might work if i can control the watering just right.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey g, I think rockwool is great!

I have not done a full grow in cubes myself but I did have one plant in a 4” cube for the first month of veg and that plant noticeable grew faster and had more swollen leaves like it was retaining more moisture compared to my coco plants.

I’ve seen some very large plants grow in just 6” cubes when I worked at an LP, so honestly, 8” cubes should be like a 5G pot almost. It’s just about getting the feedings proper, and I can’t give you any tips on that, sorry I was just a slave there haha! The place I worked did feedings twice a day I believe with drip lines to runoff.

Best of luck, I’m sure you will smash it out of the park! :D

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I got rockwool cubes and i can get them working and all i just dont know what exactly to do with it.

with an 8 x 8 x 8 rockwool cube...can i put a cutting in that and just water it likes its in coco ? (a lot less because of the water retention but same idea i mean). Its the Big Mama ! (saw me coming eh).

how big would that be do you think when compared to a pot?

And do i start a cube...then when that cube is big just put it on top of the 8 inch cube? I have a topanga in a cube and thats as good as anything to give it a go.

Its either hand water or that cube in 1 flood and drain...to make a bud monster. I think it might work if i can control the watering just right.
I'll tell ya it seems to me that the rockwool can take more roots so a pot w soil w probably have to be a quarter bigger to house the same amount of roots . I feel top watering would be beneficial in that it would probably encourage higher root growth and should fill more of the cube . Just my theory anyways