Ripping hemp in Pennsylvania and beyond, thinking it’s weed

Vee

Ancient Member
People see the serrated leaves and the fuzzy buds from afar, but it’s the familiar smell wafting over the field that seals the deal. They pack a not-so-brilliant idea into their heads and scramble to yank the hardy plants right from the soil. Back home, they light up and sit sober in the smoke, writing off their heist as a bunch of schwag.
Hemp resembles marijuana, its much more psychoactive cousin, in just about every way except one: It probably won’t get you high. Pennsylvanians caught stealing hemp still haven’t figured that out.

“I thought I was in pot heaven,” said one young man caught in the act on Halloween.

The hemp was lifted from Ashleigh Baldwin’s crop. Hemp was legalized for growing in the United States last year, and Baldwin cultivates 50 acres of it on a dairy farm straddling Bucks and Lehigh Counties. She uses the hemp oil to make cbdelight, a line of CBD (cannabidiol) sodas. Medicinal marijuana, legal in 33 states including Pennsylvania, is usually grown indoors.
The Halloween theft wasn’t the first time Baldwin’s been hit.

D

Deleted member 60

I grew up in Misery......'er.....Missouri..... and just East of town were a couple of roads that once had railroad tracks running beside them. In the Civil War/etc they transported hemp on these lines for rope making.

Along the side of these roads were hemp (aka....the Fabled "ditch weed") plants....and in Mid-summer they were 12 ft tall with huge colas on em.....just full of seed. We learned early on it was "headache bud". Harsh....no high.

Even so...every year there'd be a huge bust of someone who thought they'd found the pot of gold and decided to fill a car/truck/van full of the stuff to take back home and make bank. LOL One time the headlines were about "Millions of Dollars worth of marijuana".....but nope...it was just hemp you couldn't give away with a false value to make the piglets look like they actually did something for a change.

Pretty worthless stuff here. No effect from smoking it....and you can have the CBD stuff. Does nada here but taste like shit weed.... heehee.