REVEG !!! How....Why....Pointers....post them here

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
REVEG...what a concept. You dont know how to clone or couldn't....you have a plant you are about to harvest and it is magnificent...i wish i could keep it....WELL...Maybe you CAN!!!

REVEG.

You take a flowering plant at any stage of flower and put it back in veg to start over. IT is not 100% but it can work pretty regularly

The best way to reveg (best practices from internet research).

For a flowered plant (you are harvesting it).
Leave a couple of branches at the bottom of your plant with the buds on them. Larfy buds will work fine but leave something to grow out.

When you have harvested flush the pot with veg nutes (you flush out the bloom nutes). This is not 100% necessary but it helps a lot.

Put it in 24-0 or 18-6 light...water with your veg nutes as you normally do..and forget about it.

They will stall...then they grow these weird 1 blade leaves everywhere....then 2s and 3s....then after 30 days or so you will start to see 5 point leaves and it will look like cannabis again.

I clone plants in flower if i am undecided on what to keep (this is new for me). They also stall and shift and go from flower to veg again. It takes about 30 days for that as well.

If anyone has any stuff to add that will help with reveg.

Some strains will rebel....and some will take to it well...its like cloning in that regard.

IF you reveg....you save 1 seed...then clone it and save tons more :D

When you find something special its worth it.

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
This is a re-veged GMO Cake (Purple Pheno) I harvested flower from in early January. I didn’t have any plans to do this, and when I went to clean up the pot about a week after harvest, and since I had room, I thought “what the hell, let’s try re-vegging!”

I removed the rootball from the three gallon container the plant was flowered in and cut the roots back substantially - so much so that the rootball would fit into a one gallon pot with some fresh dirt surrounding the now much smaller rootball. And into the veg tent it went. It gets fed a variety of veg nutes - Whatever is being used for anything else in the veg tent.

Because I hadn’t planned a re-veg, I did not leave any bud on the plant. All it had were the fan leaves that were left after all the buds were harvested. This may have contributed to the length of time it’s taken to get where it is today, since it had to start new side branches to get new fans in it.

It has now been almost Three months since harvest and this is what it looks like.

25919B7F-3931-42B5-9708-7F6BD5A84F1F.jpeg

I’m going to wait until there is enough new growth to take clones and then I’ll flower out the mom once again. The clones will be kept as bonsai mothers for the future.

CCC2C0FF-F2B8-48C0-90DC-627735CE982C.jpeg

Takes 2 months plus to get a usable clone from a reveg. I have no patience for this...especially if it was a good pheno.
I always take clones before flower. 2 each. If I start the seed a bit early before flowering it grows big enough for me to keep the TOP, and 2 weeks later I can take 2 more clones before flower.

So I keep the starting top and 2 side clones. The starting top is like having the same exact plant from seed in veg all over again. By the time I'm 4 weeks in flower with the original plants I already have the TOP's 2 weeks in veg. Once they are finished vegging I already know if the originals will be keepers or not.

Saves so much fucking time and time aint what I have much of anymore.

ZooH2O

If you take cones of them eary in flowering it thakes less time for them to reveg but i would do that on lanky stativas like calli mist back in the day to make them fit in large dwc set ups but it does take a extra month at least but the roots are crazy and they are strong. Thats all I remember and it not being any harder than regular cloning during veg. Hope that helps, but H- Beans knows more I am sure.

ThePizzaMan

REVEG is not something I usually depend on. At this stage in the game..if she has a hard time cloning...then Ill probably toss it. It has to work for MY conditions even if another grower is successful in cloning it. Ive actually stopped taking cuts from plants in flower all together regardless of what day they went in...as i was getting some weird growth from those clones and it makes my life twice as difficult as I take clones from vegging plants and do not have mother stock.

Peace

TpM

Opie1

Master Grower
I’ve got a plant that’s unbelievable, I’m not sure what it is, but it’s a frosty beast, covered with extra large buds. I’m gonna try to reveg it after harvest, it’s that special. I’ll take a pic when the lights come on.

I apparently got my labels mixed up, it’s definitely not what the label says it is.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
just cut a clone off a flowering Kobe a week or so ago. I lost a couple clones due to my own ignorance so i didnt have a choice. This is the 1st time ive ever tried to reveg.

@Heisenbeans i didnt know so i left all her parts and the bud seemed to recede and now theres just pistils where the bud was formed. Still no roots out of the bottom but i started hardening her off yesterday. Shes still standing tall and looking good so i have hope. its difficult for me to find a strain that checks every box, i dont want to lose her. Might take a couple more here soon just as a backup.

any tips or suggestions are appreciated! :)