Reptile Fogger for Humidification

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Good idea! Can't say as if I've seen this before.
I noticed them mentioned on the Amazon page for the Inkbird Humidity controller, so I thought I would try it , seeing as though it's hard to find humidifiers that retain their settings when de-powered.
inbird lizard.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think having the hose so the unit can be outside of the tent is great. Some of those humidifiers generate some heat, especially as you get into the larger capacity ones.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
I think having the hose so the unit can be outside of the tent is great
Definitely. Having one of these on a high shelf or support of some kind so the hose could be ported through one of the smaller duct ports on some tents would be ideal. Easy access to fill, no heat being added, and no real estate inside the tent being used.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Definitely. Having one of these on a high shelf or support of some kind so the hose could be ported through one of the smaller duct ports on some tents would be ideal. Easy access to fill, no heat being added, and no real estate inside the tent being used.
I could probably rig something with a regular humidifier :unsure:🤪

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
I could probably rig something with a regular humidifier
Indeed! The problem is trying to use one with an external humidistat for more accurate control, because most home humidifiers have digital controls that revert to the "OFF" state when de-powered, so you can't use them with timers or stats. That's the main reason for using this unit, although you may not need that level of control if you can leave your unit on 24/7 or if you can find one with manual controls.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn't think about the timer/on-off part. I think mine has a little dial that is a click for on, then a rheostat to control the volume. It's a cheapo half-gallon thing, but I have really low rH. Might not be bad to have it for my nursery tent 24/7 then just play with the volume. I hate losing the floor space.

I think the only issue will be drainage since the mist is probably more dense. Have to make sure the condensate inside the hose drains back into the reservoir. Definitely a cool stoner project to play with LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The results LOL. I didn't have any full sticks of PVC, but I think we all have a tub of "stoner-legos" somewhere :ROFLMAO:
IMG_2884.JPG
I'll get it rigged up when my lights come on, Only issue I see is I don't want it pointed at any lights, or the exhaust. I have more lego's though. I'm thinking a shorter piece going into the tent (last top piece) then another 90 for a downspout. I think having a small space for a drip pan or cup won't be as bad as the full unit inside. I would definitely like to be able to ditch my propagators and use my whole mini-tent as one when needed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And for my purposes it cen get up to 100% rH for all I care, I can dial it back with vents and exhaust.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
The results LOL. I didn't have any full sticks of PVC, but I think we all have a tub of "stoner-legos" somewhere :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 85960
I'll get it rigged up when my lights come on, Only issue I see is I don't want it pointed at any lights, or the exhaust. I have more lego's though. I'm thinking a shorter piece going into the tent (last top piece) then another 90 for a downspout. I think having a small space for a drip pan or cup won't be as bad as the full unit inside. I would definitely like to be able to ditch my propagators and use my whole mini-tent as one when needed.
Awesome! That should work just as well.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Awesome! That should work just as well.
Just depends on if it is worth the trouble. No rH sensor, just the reading on the therrmometer/hygrometer. Just have to remember to check on it and see what the progress is. Easier with it in plain view.
IMG_2888.JPG