Remo Nutrients? Can i do better?

inthetrees

Hey everyone,

Wondering who has any experience using Remo Nutrients? So far I've done 2 runs with it and had no complaints. I'm embarrassed to say my knowledge in nutrients is nowhere close to where it should be, hence the post. I've had an ignorant and lazy growing career of simply following the recommended dosages from a company, and increasing until I see when to pull back. Never dabbled in making my own adjustments using multiple products. The thing I've noticed with Remo too is that they don't have a light/heavy feed schedule like most other companies... Not sure if they are more catered to the hobbyist VS commercial grower? Or if they really do have all a guy needs..

Remo also doesn't have a pile of bloom boosters or additives like some other companies. Their BLOOM is 1-4-7, and then the only added flowering component is the AstroFlower at 1-6-11. It's hard not to be sucked into the marketing ploy of companies like AN with multiple fancy labels, and outrageous claims. I realize there's allot of BS to sift through, but given how far deep down the rabbit hole I am, I have no problem throwing a few extra bills at the right products. On the flip side, I also see many growers having great results with jacks, or simple 2 part regimes lol.

All in all, I've invested a good chunk of coin into my space lately. I'd like to know if I should looking into a different line out there, or if I'm better off to add one or two flowering products to the Remo?

Thanks for any input,
-itt

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I used some of the Remo, not the full line, on my Heisenbeans grow and I have no complaints.

I got off my wallet and started using the whole line on the next grow and noticed the plants were much more healthy and vigorous. Unfortunately, that grow succumbed to Podwery Mildew, so I did not get to harvest.

I’ll continue to use the full Remo line on my next grow. I also like the fact that it’s a Canadian product, because I’m Canadian too, eh.

inthetrees

Used them both and personally feel advanced is way better

I switched to the AN organic line and it’s worth every penny if you want huge buds that taste awesome
I saw that organic line while I was on AN's website this morning... Good to hear some input on it, especially from someone who runs REMO and can compare.

Honestly the whole thing that got me looking into the nutes was seeing an interview with that "3 a light" guy talking about his "Success Nutrients" line and how they focus on micros and not just macros to support with that schwazzing they do. Their complete "Success Line" for 4L bottles is $1400 CAD ffs. Thats insane. I'm spending like maybe $250-$300 to do the 4L's of Remo. Figured even if my nutrient cost doubled to run a different line, thats still decent considering I'm running x20 sites.

inthetrees

I used some of the Remo, not the full line, on my Heisenbeans grow and I have no complaints.

I got off my wallet and started using the whole line on the next grow and noticed the plants were much more healthy and vigorous. Unfortunately, that grow succumbed to Podwery Mildew, so I did not get to harvest.

I’ll continue to use the full Remo line on my next grow. I also like the fact that it’s a Canadian product, because I’m Canadian too, eh.
lol no doubt eh. Yeah I have no complaints either so far. Since im running these sterile UC systems, I got rid of the VeloKelp though obviously. That stuff costs allot considering the rest of the bottles are $40 for 4L's... aside from the calmag that's a bit more. I do prefer to support products from this side of the border too. Have you ever tried or heard of Future Harvest? They are based out of Kelowna. I know DIablo is too.

Once a guys found his keepers and starts monocropping it would be interesting to see the numbers and quality for the same strain done with different nutes.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am so cheap....i went away from AN and got dry salt nutes.

The learning curve is a bit of a nuissance but once you get it going right...its a lot cheaper.

It is this with calcium nitrate and epsom salts...like jacks 3 2 1.

Dynagrow is a good product in a single bottle (Grow and bloom). In the USA you can get it for a decent price. I like the product but you need PH up pretty much all the time with it...most products in hydro or coco require PH down so it is a little unusual.

AN was pretty easy and really expensive. I go through a bit of water a week so it really adds up.

Dynagrow is a good product in a single bottle (Grow and bloom). In the USA you can get it for a decent price. I like the product but you need PH up pretty much all the time with it...most products in hydro or coco require PH down so it is a little unusual.
I found a way around this G. I now use 1 tsp each of Grow, Foliage Pro and Protekt per gallon of R/O water and sometimes it comes out perfect 6/6.5. If it is only slightly off I'll add a small drop of Protekt to get it there. This is for VEG.

For flower I now only use a small amount of Bloom/Mag-Pro because of the UP issue. The Grow already has plenty of flower nutes in it so for the first 2 weeks I use the formula above. After 2 weeks I will add 1/4 tsp of Bloom per gallon. To bring it UP I only use the same amount as I did the Bloom and it works perfectly.

For example, to get 5 gallons of R/O water to 6.2 after adding all my food during the 3rd week of flower I would only have to use 1 1/4 tsp of PH UP to get it perfect. I found that the Bloom or Mag-Pro needs the same amount of PH UP used. If you used 1 tbsp of Bloom for the whole watering you will need to use 1 tbsp of PH UP to make it right. **This is using the GH PH UP product**

After the 5th week I'll add 1/4 tsp of Mag-Pro to the mix. To get the ph right I match the same usage. So the Bloom and Mag-Pro will need 1/2 tsp of PH UP per gallon of water to get it right. So only 2.5 tsp of PH UP does a 5 gallon bucket right. That is not bad at all for 5 gallons of food.

I noticed my plants would stop drinking around 6 weeks if I used too much PH UP and Bloom food. Remember to use the Protekt. It's a natural PH Down.

I'm stoned off my ass right now so I have no idea if I explained this right 💩

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is the P i think (N P K) high P drops PH like a stone. Formulations that have a high value in that usually require PH down.

And....1 gallon tap water to 4 gallons RO water comes out at TDS 200 for me and the crap in the tap does something and makes the PH way less dramatic.

Lucky for me i have 1 gallon of PH up i never used in 3 years of growing....that quart is almost done and i will move on to the gallon.

PH up is a delightful burn experience....it lacks the intensity of 75% bleach....the sting of 30% peroxide but it is still something.

Heisen uses Dynagrow with great success...Big Perm as well. They love the stuff.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I saw that organic line while I was on AN's website this morning... Good to hear some input on it, especially from someone who runs REMO and can compare.

Honestly the whole thing that got me looking into the nutes was seeing an interview with that "3 a light" guy talking about his "Success Nutrients" line and how they focus on micros and not just macros to support with that schwazzing they do. Their complete "Success Line" for 4L bottles is $1400 CAD ffs. Thats insane. I'm spending like maybe $250-$300 to do the 4L's of Remo. Figured even if my nutrient cost doubled to run a different line, thats still decent considering I'm running x20 sites.
The organic line is outstanding! 125-175 per gallon

I just use bloom Mother Earth ancient earth and organic bud candy organic sensism

All of advances bases are really good it’s all the bs in between that’s not really needed

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I am so cheap....i went away from AN and got dry salt nutes.

The learning curve is a bit of a nuissance but once you get it going right...its a lot cheaper.

It is this with calcium nitrate and epsom salts...like jacks 3 2 1.

AN was pretty easy and really expensive. I go through a bit of water a week so it really adds up.
Dry salts are what i use to! :D Been through 4 or 5 grows with it now. Vegbloom is a little harder to dial in but when you do its worth every penny. In the long run its pretty cheap. Spent $40 on the lb and im probably about half way thru it.

If you follow remo on ig they give tips on how to run there line

I have had great success with his line the only things I add are more microbes and kool bloom

So clones gorilla cookies and gorilla butter tossed the gorilla cookies in the flower tent held back Gb for another week

fuck I’m gunna be in a huge gap but at least shits going right