Remake of Og kush... from scratch

If you have to make Og kush from bare bones where do you go what way?

you have all landraces skunks everything at your disposal

where do you go.....

StonedAgeGrower

Well according to OriginsTK (the guy who grew the pounds that produced the TK and OG beans) what he had growing was a strain called "Emerald Triangle" that was pollinated when a Sensi Hindu Kush male wasn't pulled from the room in time.

Recently on the Breeders Syndicate podcast Notsodog pointed out that Sensi's Hindu Kush is most likely a re-name of Nevil's Northern Lights#2. So the last remaining peice of the puzzle seems to be what was the "Emerald Triangle" strain they were growing? Seems they received it as a cut with no other Info, so is most likely just a real killer cut they got from someone from Cali. I remember in the Overgrow days there was a strain called "Emerald Triangle Funk" or "ET Funk", but I have no clue if they are the same thing.

All that said, I think remaking OG Kush would be a very difficult task. Finding/sourcing old (Pre Sensi) NL2 would be my first step, but I feel like hitting that genetic lottery ticket again would require a LOT of hunting

Big Perm

Budtender
Well according to OriginsTK (the guy who grew the pounds that produced the TK and OG beans) what he had growing was a strain called "Emerald Triangle" that was pollinated when a Sensi Hindu Kush male wasn't pulled from the room in time.

Recently on the Breeders Syndicate podcast Notsodog pointed out that Sensi's Hindu Kush is most likely a re-name of Nevil's Northern Lights#2. So the last remaining peice of the puzzle seems to be what was the "Emerald Triangle" strain they were growing? Seems they received it as a cut with no other Info, so is most likely just a real killer cut they got from someone from Cali. I remember in the Overgrow days there was a strain called "Emerald Triangle Funk" or "ET Funk", but I have no clue if they are the same thing.

All that said, I think remaking OG Kush would be a very difficult task. Finding/sourcing old (Pre Sensi) NL2 would be my first step, but I feel like hitting that genetic lottery ticket again would require a LOT of hunting
Great info

StonedAgeGrower

Has anyone actually checked the dna of chemdog ? Any of the cuts that were legit? I’m pretty sure there some database
I'm fairly sure that legit cuts of at least the Chem91 have been sequenced by Phylos. I know OriginsTK was asked if the Emerald Triangle cut was anything like a Chem, and he said it wasn't.

This is just my assumption, buy I'd think the Emerald Triangle is a killer Afghani/HP type from OriginsTK's description of it. He said the mother didn't carry much of the gassy/Kush traits we associate with OG. Even Alec (the man who found the OG seed in FL that made its way to Matt & Josh in Cali) said the buds he had were extremely potent, but not very much like OG.