Real estate

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
lets talk real estate

Dude I can't believe how cheap it is over there right now . Fucking awesome

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Damn that’s crazy. Although, f*** Honolulu. That place will make you forget you’re on a tropical island after you see the dumpster diving trannies everywhere. Not to mention if you’re not an asian with money you’re treated like a second class citizen.

North shore is cool, but I’d take Maui over Oahu any day.

cedew

Man, that place probably cost the same amount when it was built in 1928 haha.

Always liked Maine for nice looking homes that don't cost much. Everything over there is a hundred years old, which maybe has its issues to live in, but sure looks nice. The inverse being SoCal where the words "tan stucco" describes 99.99% of every home in the region.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Property selling like hotcakes in MO. Not sure who's buying. I heard at lake of ozarks, locals or established property owners buying up land all around so as not to have neighbors where there ain't been ever or for years. All since party covid last summer 😂.

D

Deleted member 60

I probably sold the folks lake house too soon but I wanted the fuck out...LOL No Lake of the Go Carts shit here. It's like a circus there now. Nothin like when I was a kid. Sucha shame. Big boats...small dicks..... everywhere. Yawn.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
houses are selling. They are selling higher than what they’re appraised for from what I’m hearing. So u have to have the sale price minus the appraisal price also saved to slap down on top of the initial down payment up front to get the bank to put it in your name.

cedew

Seriously, the bidding thing is ridiculous. My buddy is in escrow and was having a helluva time with it, plus he was coming from an area where you get twice the home for half the money.

D

Deleted member 60

That's called "location, location, location" @cedew . Houses can be had in some areas of this land for pretty cheap. Whether you'd wanna live there or can make a living there is a different story.

Hopefully those of you (the smart ones...LOL) looking for a house find that combo of house/payment/grow room you are looking for. Anyone still renting is a fool with rates this low. My first house in '80 came with a 12.75% mortgage. This shit today is crazy good for buyers...if ya have a job that is. (or you are smart and are cranking out weight in those illegal states)

Last edited by a moderator:

cedew

Yep, location(Arizona->California).

Rates are super cheap, but prices aren't. The person writing the checks probably can't tell the difference, plus property tax is weighted on the sale price and not the mortgage rate. You could still buy something cheap like a 2 bedroom condo for under $200k in town and that's not so bad I guess. If one could save 20% for a down payment and skip mortgage insurance, the payment would be like $1200/mo for 15 years and that's less than what it'd cost to rent, so I'd have to agree that if you can buy *something* and have reliable income, then you definitely should, because that $200k condo is probably going to be $300k in 5-10 years.

D

Deleted member 60

Over the years I've noticed the correlation of high price and low rates....or vice versa. That may be part of the pricing seen today...but there are so many factors in play that it's crazy....location being only one of those factors....albeit a huge one. (nothing in the West is cheap) The cost of building today plays into it all as well...and if you've purchased lumber/accessories/etc. lately you've seen what things are costed out at these days. Astronomical pegs it.

I agree with your '200K will be 300K in 5 years' assessment. You have to step into the ring somewhere.....and prices will continue to rise. Locking in these low rates pays you back over time, for sure....just as dropping rates can do on the flipside. I financed a shit load of stuff in my world via re-fi's from the early 90's to about 2010. Re-fi...take out 50K.....keep the same payment and drop from 30 to 20 years on the note. We did that 3 times...LOL....eventually ending up with the same house payment we started with at the onset....but on a 15 year note.....AND we built another house with the cash we took out from the first note. Original interest rate was 11.75%. We ended up at 2.5%

25 years later...we sold them both....each for about 4X our original investment. Now none of it matters cus we have no debt/mortgage.

Good luck out there......

cedew

That's super cool. You were smart about it and actively worked on it. I'd like to do something similar by developing a piece of land over time, only bummer is that all the land around here is stupid expensive too.

D

Deleted member 60

And if you are looking/living in the West >>>>>water is a huge player/consideration/can affect the cost substantially. Colorado has seen very active appreciation values for 30 years with only a few glitches. It's always been an up/down/boom/bust market but the overall trend is certainly upward.

I hope you find what you are looking for