Re Purposing

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
So, what kinda stuff do you salvage to MacGiver with?

Those Tide Pod pumkins make excellent bud washers. An 80 count holds a gallon. I add 2 oz peroxide. I trim a branch, stick it in the pod and trim another. Then pull the first, put in the second, take the first to shower to rinse and hang.. You can get a large branch into this container due to flexibility. Repeat till done. Buds are squeaky clean. I don't wash everything, but if I sprayed the plant with anything other than water or it gets pm.........it gets washed. Harvesting a lot at once a 5 gallon bucket is easier (I would never need more than that) the 1 gallon fits me better.
pod.jpeg

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
So, what kinda stuff do you salvage to MacGiver with?

Those Tide Pod pumkins make excellent bud washers. An 80 count holds a gallon. I add 2 oz peroxide. I trim a branch, stick it in the pod and trim another. Then pull the first, put in the second, take the first to shower to rinse and hang.. You can get a large branch into this container due to flexibility. Repeat till done. Buds are squeaky clean. I don't wash everything, but if I sprayed the plant with anything other than water or it gets pm.........it gets washed. Harvesting a lot at once a 5 gallon bucket is easier (I would never need more than that) the 1 gallon fits me better.
View attachment 51579
I dare ya to eat one!! You won't!!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I had pm early to mid flower. But after some changes I have stemmed the onslaught. Until I chop. Then I may do a dip-a-roo before they go to hang, eh?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I had pm early to mid flower. But after some changes I have stemmed the onslaught. Until I chop. Then I may do a dip-a-roo before they go to hang, eh?
You will just to get all you sprayed on.......... off and it works marvelous. I was surprised by just how clean it got. That bridezilla bud I posted in the hbeans thread was washed and it had pm and I could see it in some buds. After wash, uh ah, nada.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I like using a large dishpan or Rubbermaid tub, or just a bucket. Water's cheap, h2o2's cheap. A bigger container makes it easier for me.
Your way is more work. Who the hell is worried about the cost of water? lol
You can bend a bud into the pod container and follow the whole vertical circumference, jamb the back end of the stalk and walk away, all submerged, then I am free to trim another. In the bigger, flatter, tub, they float, and you have to be actively involved submerging them, seems more a waste of time. And less agitation is better here.
Trim, wash, rinse, and hang. Like I said, if I was doing a lot, I'd use a 5 gallon bucket. Notice both containers I use are way more vertical than a dishpan or a tub. That's why it works.

Last edited:

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Got cats? Then you have some type of container for litter. These are mine 2.5 gallons, polyethylene, fairly sturdy
Amazing I'm sitting out on the deck filling these @ 1 am this time of year.

jugs.jpg

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I finally slurped down the last spanish olive which now brings my gallon jar total to 5. I take some pride in the fact that I ate all 5 gallons worth of olives.

That's a half gallon jar on the left that's overly stuffed with Purple Punch. An empty quart on the right. I only use quarts early in burping/curing then to half gallons. I like the jars to be 1/3 to 1/2 air. The gallons then become the source for me, the apothecary. LOFL! The 5 flavors in stock in the gallon jars currently are
Dubstep
Purple Punch
Bounty Hunter
Sky Warden
Dinoberry Bites
There's a restaurant supply that I get them at...........I'm due for more now. Only the spanish olives come in glass. Quite a good deal too. Salad olives are $8, regular $10, and Queens are $14.

Big ole DBB bud on the lid.
olives.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Your way is more work. Who the hell is worried about the cost of water? lol
You can bend a bud into the pod container and follow the whole vertical circumference, jamb the back end of the stalk and walk away, all submerged, then I am free to trim another. In the bigger, flatter, tub, they float, and you have to be actively involved submerging them, seems more a waste of time. And less agitation is better here.
Trim, wash, rinse, and hang. Like I said, if I was doing a lot, I'd use a 5 gallon bucket. Notice both containers I use are way more vertical than a dishpan or a tub. That's why it works.
"Cost of water" - all I meant was 1-gallon, 5 gallons - it doesn't matter cost-wise.

I guess I am more gentle with the buds. I rarely touch them even when trimming. I leave a long-limb-handle on the bud until I am done, then snip it off.

With a dishpan (about 2-3gal) it works just like the Jorge Cervantes method but he uses a bigger tub.

Doing 4-tops or manifolds, I usually ended up with hog-legs bigger than the dish-pan. That is when I would fill a 5gal bucket and dunk it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think we can all agree that random empty containers of any size, shape, or material is a keeper for most stoners.
Glass is good, airtight is good. depends on what you might need it for.

Leftover/take-out trays with the clear domed lid attached are great for starting seeds.
IMG_6191.JPG

I label everything with sharpie. A little rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and it wipes right off.