Re-Pot?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Fairly new grower here needing some advice please.

I had room for only 4 large pots in my small tent and had six plants. I was able to cull one male which left me with five.

I picked what I thought looked like the four “most female” plants and put them in the seven gallon pots leaving one in its one gallon pot.

Now that the plants are further along, one in the large pot is showing boy parts and the one in the small pot is looking like it’s gonna be a she.

I need to flip these plants on Sunday and had planned on defoliating one day before on Saturday.

So, the question is, given the time I have, should I re-pot the one gallon plant to the boy’s seven gallon, or just get rid of the boy and let the other go in the one gallon to avoid the re-potting stress?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I'd repot it ASAP. It may not fill in as well as the other 3 will but it should do far better than being stuck in a one gallon can. The one gallon pot would also need watered far more. I'd even it all out and go with it
Cull the male, and put the female in the big pot asap
Thank you guys. I'll kill the male and put the lady in the big house.

Opie1

Master Grower
Fairly new grower here needing some advice please.

I had room for only 4 large pots in my small tent and had six plants. I was able to cull one male which left me with five.

I picked what I thought looked like the four “most female” plants and put them in the seven gallon pots leaving one in its one gallon pot.

Now that the plants are further along, one in the large pot is showing boy parts and the one in the small pot is looking like it’s gonna be a she.

I need to flip these plants on Sunday and had planned on defoliating one day before on Saturday.

So, the question is, given the time I have, should I re-pot the one gallon plant to the boy’s seven gallon, or just get rid of the boy and let the other go in the one gallon to avoid the re-potting stress?
How big is your tent?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Oh brother, I just upgraded from a 2x4 to a 4x4, there’s no way I could have managed plants in 7gal pots in the 2x4, they’ll get really big if ya let them. Just trying to give ya a heads up.
Yep, I knew that going in. I figure if they stretch to max three times their height at flip, they can be only 1 foot tall when I flip. I had planned on manifolding (or mainlining) them, but I ran out of time. I’ll do that on my next grow.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
They can get away from you...in a 2 x 4 you can run 4 plants pretty easily and flip them fast.

I ran 3 in a 1 1/2 x 3 and as soon as they filled 75% of the area i flipped and they filled out the other 100%.

In small spaces you need smaller planters. In coco you can use a 3 gallon pot and grow trees and you can get nice square ones at the hydro store (when you buy coco).

I have tried many variations but my favorite is a bag of fluffy ready to go coco. It costs a bit more but i dont have bricks soaking all over and then ph soak etc..

It is the only time i really go to the hydro store. To get 2 sacks of coco and a bag of grow rocks or perlite.

And for stretch at flip...Indica dependant tend to go no more than double. Sativa leaning can do anything they want. Some of them really stretch and you have to bend them.

But 7 foot height is pretty nice :D You have 18 inches on my limits.