QuickWISO

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Now that it is 30 below the frosting line, I was interested in making some quick wash isopropyl.
I have been reading up about it, but I have a few questions.
I see some people ending up with crumbles and I see others yielding goo. My question is ,how do I predict the consistency of the end product?
I am not looking for shatter, I was hoping for grease, that I could dip.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
I find its goo and will stay goey for abit, when you use the least amount of heat to get ISO to dissolve, then shove it the freezer. Eventually left out it goes to basically shatter, although a little heat will get it goey again....

When I cookoff the ISO too fast it would come out crumble or shattery from the beginning.

Everything is winterized, then I do 8oz of Iso per quart jar. Swish for a bit, let it sit a few minutes, then another swish thru all the material and drain into glass pan. [I will do a 2nd wash sometimes but onky after refreezing materials]

1st glass pan goes into 2nd glass pan but I use Mason jar lid rings, to keep 1st pan elevated off the bottom of the heating pan. Only want the bottom heated by water!
I try and maintain the water at 100F and it takes about 3.5 hours this way from filtering to finishing.

Ive made 3 batches over the last 5 weeks. I just make bud sandwiches and they still hit like a dab.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’ve made QWISO a few times and those times that I winterized everything and did a very, very quick wash, like 2-3 minutes, I end up with shatter. Not like the good ole days when the oil was gooey and spreadable.

So, what I would recommend if you want gooey oil, leave everything warm and let it wash longer (30 minutes?), then filter and evaporate.

This might be a fun experiment to try! See what gives up what!

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
I've made QWISO and QWEtO a couple of times and its always gooey. I always start with everything frozen, give a quick wash, no longer than 90 seconds and then dry at room temp with a heating mat and a fan for couple of days. I don't know if it is the quick wash or the low temp drying that keeps it gooey. Just my experience.