Quick question about transplanting clones....

So I have had my new rooted clones in the propagator for about 24 hours now under the little T5 light. It was suggested to do this for a few days to recover from shipping and coming out of quarantine. Anyways...in 24-48 hours, I want to remove them and up-pot them into 7 gallon fabrics. However, they are rooted in rapid rooter plugs. Am I able to plant them into the soil or would they be better off in DWC? I want them to be mother plants.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So I have had my new rooted clones in the propagator for about 24 hours now under the little T5 light. It was suggested to do this for a few days to recover from shipping and coming out of quarantine. Anyways...in 24-48 hours, I want to remove them and up-pot them into 7 gallon fabrics. However, they are rooted in rapid rooter plugs. Am I able to plant them into the soil or would they be better off in DWC? I want them to be mother plants.
It’s fine to plant them in soil.

Are you sure you want to go straight to 7 gallon pots though? That’s a very large pot for a small plant and will make getting the right amount of water difficult.

I personally wouldn’t put them in anything larger than a one gallon to begin with, and let them go in that for 10-14 days after which I would check the roots to see if it is starting to get root bound and if so , up pot then to a three gallon.

then in another 10-14 days go to the seven.

It’s fine to plant them in soil.

Are you sure you want to go straight to 7 gallon pots though? That’s a very large pot for a small plant and will make getting the right amount of water difficult.

I personally wouldn’t put them in anything larger than a one gallon to begin with, and let them go in that for 10-14 days after which I would check the roots to see if it is starting to get root bound and if so , up pot then to a three gallon.

then in another 10-14 days go to the seven.
Yea I can water soil plants with my eyes closed. That's my cup of tea if you would call it. Still learning on the DWC a little though. I have had problems going from 1 gallon to 5 gallon in the past so I just skip the middle transplant and go to final pot from Solo cup. I never really worked with the plugs though so just making sure I wasnt setting myself up for headaches in the long run.

I use nothing but regular feeding when I plant clones. Dyna-Gro Grow and Protekt. They respond under the T5's overnight to a 650-700 ppm feed with the rapid rooter on into a 1 gallon pot of Promix HP. If I'm up potting from 1 to 2 gallons I will use regular feed if the plant has good roots and if the plant has skinny little roots I will add 1 teaspoon of Superthrive every 3 gallons of water. They respond overnight :alien:

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I use it every transplant
Same here. i lightly sprinkle some in the bottom of the pot so the roots are touching it when they go into the pot. Some of them come as a concentrate, have to mix it in with your water before feeding.The stuff i use is like a powder that needs to be touching the roots to work.

heard good things about great white :)

But but but the monies $$$$$$$$$ :alien:
I have seen alot of growers swear by it...I think it's like $20 USD for a bottle. I think I'll have to grab it because I have big plans for cloning and possible a chuck or 2 can happen. But I do not breed so I would need to learn a little about traits and genes.