Questions About a CBD Strain

So I have a Dr Seedsman's 30:1 CBD from Seedsman's in flower. I understand that THC turns into CBD if not harvested in the prime window and you let the plant go past that window. If a plant that has over 20% CBD and under 1% THC....how does the harvest window work??? Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot admins. I have the strain in my journal and figured I would get more answers by creating a thread. I can also give a link on the strain too if needed. I have other questions too but this is the bases of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 60

Not a Hemp/CBD grower but friends of mine are. To stay legal..they have to chop EARLY because a the plant matures, they tell me that THC levels rise. They are licensed so the State checks their grow/tests for THC levels....so they just play it safe.

Not a Hemp/CBD grower but friends of mine are. To stay legal..they have to chop EARLY because a the plant matures, they tell me that THC levels rise. They are licensed so the State checks their grow/tests for THC levels....so they just play it safe.
I don't normally grow high CBD strains either but was a freebie so I figured why not. I am assuming then CBD has a harvest window too?

Here's their description if you didn't check it out.

Doctor Seedsman CBD is the crowning achievement resulting from a long and diligent effort seeking to discover a strain of cannabis with very high levels of CBD but with less than 1% THC resulting in healing effects without any psychoactivity. Many CBD-rich strains have been created but up until now the vast majority have virtually equal amounts of CBD and THC.

Dr. Seedsman CBD is 80% sativa and is descended from a plant that its breeders named CBD Asia due to its provenance and high CBD levels. This amazing plant didn't even need the usual inbreeding in order to both emphasise and stabilise its desirable traits. It is a robust plant growing vigorously yet staying quite short and squat in the process. Indoor flowering lasts for 8 - 9 weeks while outdoor harvests should be ready in early October in northern latitudes. Yields are high and the buds nice and dense and covered with loads of resin.

This plant is very aromatic but non-psychoactive. It has a powerful and penetrating taste with a pine and ginger note on the finish. CBD production has been laboratory tested at 20% while THC comes in at less than 1%. This represents a CBD:THC ratio in excess of approximately 30:1. The effect is very deeply relaxing to the body with no cerebral effects whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 60

I think the CBD levels are set in stone via the plant's genetics...much like THC levels....but I'm not a botanist/etc so I'm just going from what I've seen/heard/etc. The tHC levels Colorado allows in hemp are so low that damn near ANY THC puts itover the top.

Would be interesting to squish some of those buds into CBD rosin. I'm sure the folks who enjoy the CBD flower would be seriously amazed. I'm kinda stuck on THC myself/have no real interest in such tangents after trying the oil and not really seeing the point of it.....but to each their own. We are all wired differently.

Good luck on yer grow. Some plants just have red pistils......so no worries...will make very pretty buds more than likely.....

I think the CBD levels are set in stone via the plant's genetics...much like THC levels....but I'm not a botanist/etc so I'm just going from what I've seen/heard/etc. The tHC levels Colorado allows in hemp are so low that damn near ANY THC puts itover the top.

Would be interesting to squish some of those buds into CBD rosin. I'm sure the folks who enjoy the CBD flower would be seriously amazed. I'm kinda stuck on THC myself/have no real interest in such tangents after trying the oil and not really seeing the point of it.....but to each their own. We are all wired differently.

Good luck on yer grow. Some plants just have red pistils......so no worries...will make very pretty buds more than likely.....
Yea you can see she still has a ways to go. Got the morning bowl in and it started me thinking about that plant and how it will flower lol. Thanks for responding though.

The instructions I'd gotten with my Charlotte's plant was to wait for 25%, up to 50% ambering of the trichomes.
I just followed instructions and it turned out great.
But I also have no other cbd rich strain to compare grows with. But it rivaled and or surpassed any stuff I'd bought at a dispo.
I figured I was taking it 8 weeks at bare minimum. I just was curious what the actual deal was with a CBD dominate plant.