Question for the auto breeders

I chucked a NL5 autto with some reg Cherry Koolaid pollen.

What will be the outcome if I self the the genetic of that cross. To be more precise, what ratio of autoflower fem seeds should I expect considering that the plant I'm selfing has auto genes in it?

Should I expect any at all?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
50/50 first gen F1

then 25/75 2nd gen F2

then 10/90 3rd gen or F3

many breeders will flip and auto 4 times to be safe

like growing weed breeding is in the study greg greens got a few books out worth a read

good luck
Not cropking in canada. They don't gaf.
I had all types of phenos. Auto, fem, hermy

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I chucked a NL5 autto with some reg Cherry Koolaid pollen.

What will be the outcome if I self the the genetic of that cross. To be more precise, what ratio of autoflower fem seeds should I expect considering that the plant I'm selfing has auto genes in it?

Should I expect any at all?
I played with autos back when Joint Docters lowryder came out and I accidentally pollinated an outdoor crop of them with skunk #1, I think it was, and none of those seeds auto flowered. Then a few yrs later i read about breeding autos and i still had a bunch of those old seeds so i crossed those F1s and some of those autoflowered, they say 25% in the second generation and it was in that ballpark. My memory ain't the greatest but I think when I crossed two of the 25% that auto'd the majority of those progeny autoflowered, maybe all of them. Crossing one of the 75%/nonautoflowering phenos with one of the phenos from the 25% that autoflowered resulted in about half and half.

I played with autos back when Joint Docters lowryder came out and I accidentally pollinated an outdoor crop of them with skunk #1, I think it was, and none of those seeds auto flowered. Then a few yrs later i read about breeding autos and i still had a bunch of those old seeds so i crossed those F1s and some of those autoflowered, they say 25% in the second generation and it was in that ballpark. My memory ain't the greatest but I think when I crossed two of the 25% that auto'd the majority of those progeny autoflowered, maybe all of them. Crossing one of the 75%/nonautoflowering phenos with one of the phenos from the 25% that autoflowered resulted in about half and half.

Thanks for the input !!!

DIRT

The initial F1 cross will have zero day neutral/autoflower plants.

The F2 will have roughly 25%.
Select the desired auto males/females,
Make F3's.

F3's will be 100% auto..I have done this with the m39 clone only and godzilla grape #5.
I have also taken the auto godzilla and backcrossed it to the original godzilla photo period seed stock...
to my surprise all the bx f1's autoflowered.

I've been trying to get the auto godzilla project back on track,
But the beans are old and I am having very poor luck with germ rates.

Anyone here use ga3 for popping old beans?

Boybelue

Super Active Member
The initial F1 cross will have zero day neutral/autoflower plants.

The F2 will have roughly 25%.
Select the desired auto males/females,
Make F3's.

F3's will be 100% auto..I have done this with the m39 clone only and godzilla grape #5.
I have also taken the auto godzilla and backcrossed it to the original godzilla photo period seed stock...
to my surprise all the bx f1's autoflowered.

I've been trying to get the auto godzilla project back on track,
But the beans are old and I am having very poor luck with germ rates.

Anyone here use ga3 for popping old beans?
Wonder why the bx1’s autoflowered? You would think they would behave like the initial auto/photo f1 cross. Must have something to do with backcrossing it onto itself. I just can’t wrap my head around that one and the punnet square doesn’t work out.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have a shitload of crossed autos from NL1,Old Afghani, Pineapple Express, Williams Wonder, Diavolo II, Chronic Fruit, etc.
I haven't run any for years.
I don't remember, but did flower faster.

DIRT

Wonder why the bx1’s autoflowered? You would think they would behave like the initial auto/photo f1 cross. Must have something to do with backcrossing it onto itself. I just can’t wrap my head around that one and the punnet square doesn’t work out.
No clue, I can't understand it either..so out of curiosity, I thought of doing an experiment by backcrossing the auto m39 to the original clone to see what happens in the bx f1s with the auto m39 line.
but I no longer have the the clone.

I am having the absolute worst time popping these auto godzillas..I took the line all the way to bx1 f3 along time ago..
Now nothing will pop. thought maybe an infertile male?. so I went back to bx f2...nothing. bx f1...nothing. pre-bx f3...nothing.I have years tied up breeding her..I fear she might be lost forever. I feel cursed.

I'm gonna soak more today..I'm getting some tiny taps but they seem to weak to surface.

I gotta get GA3 and see what happens...before I give up completely.

I did pop some auto afghan kush x auto godzilla f1's last year, they popped.
I pollinated some auto ak47, auto hindu, auto pk and one or 2 other kush variants and made F2's.
so I still have a little piece of her..lol

I've been offline for years, I like this site, kinda reminds me of UDG..
I gotta get some pictures from my last 3 phones on here..lol

My biggest mistake was not sharing the pure godzilla auto with the community...I gave away tons of hybrids.
but only gave her pure to one other trusted breeder...
I just didn't want to see her pimped by the legions of clown ass autoflower companies that surfaced overnight.