Quantum boards for dummies

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have ordered boards from China. They come assembled to the point you take the wire and put it in the wagu X 2 and you are done.
Easy.
The price is hard to beat and I am pretty sure they are coming from there anyway.

I have ordered from these guys.
Shenzhen Meijiu Lighting CO.,LTD and Hortibloom. Horti went from 180 for the light to 240 and lost me and i went to meiju and you can get decent prices there.

China to USA may have duty on lights that is different than Canada. And after order the stuff is at your door in 3 to 5 days...the mail takes twice as long within the country.

I would only buy the smaller boards because the shipping is probably not as crazy. But its hard to beat pricing like this.

Samsung lm301b+LG395 UV+Osram 660nm+Osram 730nm+Epistar 660nm leds,one kit fit for 4X2 ft grow area, details as below,

FOLUX-X-240H-2, 240W,each kit include:
1. 2pcs high effiency FOLUX-X board(each board have 272pcs Samsung lm301B + 8pcs epistar 660nm+1pc LG UV 395nm+1pc Osram 730nm+1pc Osram 660nm)
2. 1pc long heatsink 632x195x15mm
3. 1pc meanwell driver HLG-240H-48AB,240W, the dimmer built in,
4. hang wires, waterproof connectors,connect wires, hang rings, plug wire.

now we have special promotion price for Super September, the best price for 1 kit is USD186.97
it include product value, 4-6 days shipping cost and alibaba charge,

plus 25 dollars canadian duty and that is all in (186.97USD = 250.00 CDN) Hard to beat 275 bucks CDN for 240 watts of board. They might not be newest tech but they work. I have a previous one that only has the 660n epistar chips which probably just look dazzly for me. But it filled a void for a light pretty nicely.

2 wires in a wagu and plug it in. They almost completey assemble it for you (and include good hangers and a cheese tiny screwdriver to adjust the driver).
Meijiu-Popular-products-FOLUX-Quantum-Led-Plant.jpg
These boards are sharp on the head though. A cob on the bald head is right up there with ouch! :unsure:

Last edited:

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Id go 3500k all the way it works great all the way through veg and flower, that way whatever you build will be multi purpose, and for some general knowledge check out ledgardener.com, he does strip lights but the concepts are the same. And if you wanna save a little coin those blurple lights work fantastic for vegging squat tight noded plants, for very little $$$ on light cost

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I move things around too much to give an honest opinion. The girls seem to love it. The GMO Cake will finish under that light now because i can get it the highest in the space and have some distance and avoid some light burn and foxtailing....maybe.

It was the cheapest 240 watts in 3k i could get :D they had me at cheap.

My garden is about 400 watts of 3k and 200 of 3.5 and 200 of 4k. Its just how it worked out. Its kind of 3.5k average but i dont think it works like that. The crossover of various light is probably better for overall development but if i were doing it from scratch it would be 3k wall to wall because it is a bloom room.

But the 3.5 was the best start to finish single light spectrum for me so far (Timber 2VL cob)