Quality dehumidifier???

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Anybody got any ideas or pointers, gonna be pulling the trigger this week and am uncertain on reliability, any thoughts or experience are greatly welcome the room is an 11x11with my 2 tents in it am looking at 50 pint sizes now.

D

Deleted member 60

I've been using a 70 pint Danby unit for 3 years non-stop in my greenhouse. Has been very reliable.
It sits above my pond and drains back into it....but you can use a barrel/etc. and drain into that just as easily.

No endorsement of this site...just the first one to pop up. I think prices may have come down cus i remember paying $225. Worth it. I keep my GH @ 45% and avoid the molds/mildews/weird ass shit other dome owners seem to see. Hope that helps

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Hell yea that danby is 209 on amazon and its prime 🖒🖒🖒 was wondering how bad the heat output on them actually is, im gonna use it in the room in combo with the window ac, should get me back in order, now just gotta make it to payday without my tent looking like a powder orgy went down

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hell yea that danby is 209 on amazon and its prime 🖒🖒🖒 was wondering how bad the heat output on them actually is, im gonna use it in the room in combo with the window ac, should get me back in order, now just gotta make it to payday without my tent looking like a powder orgy went down
Couple years ago i did some research and the top of that list would be Friedrich. I agree on the 70 pint recommendation as well. Suspect most are pretty similar. some a little more noisy than others.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Anybody got any ideas or pointers, gonna be pulling the trigger this week and am uncertain on reliability, any thoughts or experience are greatly welcome the room is an 11x11with my 2 tents in it am looking at 50 pint sizes now.
Not sure if you're near a menards, but I got a soleus 70 pint from there about a year ago, and it's ran nonstop without any issues, and was only like $170.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Not sure if you're near a menards, but I got a soleus 70 pint from there about a year ago, and it's ran nonstop without any issues, and was only like $170.
I had a 45 pint soleus that ran for a long time (still works) until I had to upgrade to a 70, so I got another soleus from Menards. Thing was a piece of shit. I think I got a defective one though, possible refrigerant leak. Iced up worse and worse everyday, ran non-stop and didn't change the humidity one bit.

The Toshiba I grabbed from Hoe Depot has been great though. Much quieter than the returned one too.

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
I have a 70 ltr fridgemaster from blowes. Have it set at 55 and keeps a 14x16 room steady at 58 with one tent and a/c not venting outside though. Little noisy when kicks on and off but I got used to it. Po aid around 250 I believe about 7 months ago.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Im hoping that 70 pint will be enough for me, 2 4x8s in an 11x11, veg tent vents into the room, 12k btu window ac in the open part of the room, humidifier will go into the same space, then everything gets pulled out of the flower tent and vented outside, should be able to counter the heat output of the humidifier with the ac, sounds good in theory lol

Last edited:

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Figured id toss this out there in case anyone else is looking, google shopping has a sept deal on danby 70pint dehumidifier for 177$ shipped to your door, i thought it was a pretty good deal