Qbs from alibaba worth it?

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
ive heard good things and bad things. there is alot of models to choose from depending on what supplier you choose. i was looking at something like Optics Slim 480 which has the horizontal strips or something like Hlgs 600.

i need something that covers a full 4x4 footprint but i also need to keep the watts on the lower side. I could always just add another 210w Cob but they went up $200 in price. I cant justify spending $200 more on the same light that has less features (they added a dimmer and removed the built in timer). i commented on 1 of optics posts on Ig asking why i would buy an optic 2 over something like Hlgs 260w but of course they never responded.

Opinions and reccomendations always welcome! :)

We noticed something there too a few months back.....for instance we will use the Spider Farmer 2000. On Alibaba, it runs in that 200-300 price range and had something like 1020 diodes. <----not "exact " number. Anyways, on Spider's website and Ebay/Amazon...the price is much more costly AND the light has something like 1770 diodes. <---again not "exact" number.

Something to ponder and watch when using 3rd party sites. You should honestly try talking to the seller UCANDEWIT on Ebay. Builds all kinds of lights, custom lights and so on. I can promise he has something that would smash a 4x4. My flowering lights from him are full custom and I never once fried a plant with LED until I used his lights. Things are a beast.

I'll second what @TheSadVeryBadMadGrower says. I just put an order in last night with the guy. Even if it's not listed on eBay he has the stuff. Heres the light kit I ordered. I think it's the same as what Thesadverybadmadgrower has.

View attachment 67216
View attachment 67215

If you use eBay just go to his contact page and you can click a link to get his cell number.
Close....I went all over the board with spectrum.

Edit....actually looking, only thing different is I got 16 strips not 14.

kit1.PNG

I don't think 2 would do it imo. The tent is full at each corner. Probably more like 4. One to cover each 2 x 2 area. I would still save 200 watts :giggle:

Opie1

Master Grower
Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind. What's your thoughts on switching from hps to led mid run. They'll be 4-5 weeks into flower at that point.
They’ll be fine. That’s an awesome fixture you put together, I was gonna get something like that except I was gonna use 12 of the sunboards.
I bought one with 6 that’s in 6500k and the 185H MeanWell, it absolutely rocks a 2x4, more than enough.
A9E4F22F-CB11-432C-A1ED-B12ED350821F.png
That’s dimmed down. Dimensions are approx. 18”x36”, coverage is perfect for a 2x4.

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
They’ll be fine. That’s an awesome fixture you put together, I was gonna get something like that except I was gonna use 12 of the sunboards.
I bought one with 6 that’s in 6500k and the 185H MeanWell, it absolutely rocks a 2x4, more than enough.
View attachment 67283
That’s dimmed down. Dimensions are approx. 18”x36”, coverage is perfect for a 2x4.
Thanks man. That's a nice fixture you have there! I'm in need of something like that for my 4x4 veg tent.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Thanks for all the suggestions! i really like those samsung photo boosts from Plc. they say not to try and build those ones yourself if your a novice. the more and more i research everything i think i could do it.

i see what @TheSadVeryBadMadGrower was saying about the different number of diodes. some strips have just 1 row of diodes. some have the 3 rows of diodes spread across the strip. the ones with the 3 rows have 210 diodes x 8 strips is 1680 diodes total. the strips with 1 row would have alot less

Thanks for all the suggestions! i really like those samsung photo boosts from Plc. they say not to try and build those ones yourself if your a novice. the more and more i research everything i think i could do it.

i see what @TheSadVeryBadMadGrower was saying about the different number of diodes. some strips have just 1 row of diodes. some have the 3 rows of diodes spread across the strip. the ones with the 3 rows have 210 diodes x 8 strips is 1680 diodes total. the strips with 1 row would have alot less
I believe the specs were the same too. I mean the coverage would remain the same but it would be ALOT less direct light. A couple hundred diodes on 1 board alone is alot.

View attachment 67283
What would 2 of those cost me @Opie1
I'm on the fence getting something like yours or the HLG 100's.