QB vs blurple

Opie1

Master Grower
I have a platinum led p150(blurple) was thinking about adding another light anyone have any experience with both QB and blurple ? Should I grab another platinum p150 or thinking about adding the HLG 135W QB v2 rspec led
Quantum Boards without a doubt are far better. I’ve used both. The blurples will make good, frosty nuggets, but the weight is where the difference is in my experience.

Closet is 2ft deep Idk how long .. however long those two lights will cover lol .. Right now drying on other end of closet
I used to go down that road too....then extended the closet double the previous size. I used to run 2 TSL-2000's like this but sounds you dont have that much room.....blurples some anyways still produce excellent flower but they are a thing of the past. They are both LED when it comes down to it regardless but honestly white light changes your entire grow so much better.
118858595_345838546775602_431514675261731599_n.jpg

Opie1

Master Grower
B054EDB0-5E15-4FA3-8879-3D7F07C6A819.png
I put this sunboard/strip fixture together for $200, 6500k (for veg) and a little over 200watts. It’s 18”x36” perfect for a 2x4.
If I could do everything over, I’d have made several of these in 3000k and 3500k, they also have the option of adding red and/or blue diodes.

The four HLG 100 V2's are rocking in veg. Blowing away the 600 watt MH conversion bulb I was using. I had to transplant from 1 gallon to 2 gallon only 3 weeks after rooted clones. They were drinking twice as fast with the new QB's and growing twice as fast. I am impressed so far as a virgin LED user :alien:

The four HLG 100 V2's are rocking in veg. Blowing away the 600 watt MH conversion bulb I was using. I had to transplant from 1 gallon to 2 gallon only 3 weeks after rooted clones. They were drinking twice as fast with the new QB's and growing twice as fast. I am impressed so far as a virgin LED user :alien:
I run one in my 32in.x32in veg tent. Also had it in my 3ftx3ft tent. Very surprised that little guy had no problems at all in the veg tent. Plants loved it.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I'm sorry but I paid for 4 seperate hlg100's?
Why not buy a set of something bigger?
What did 4 hlg 100's set ya back?
I mean dont get me wrong. I like them, but damn. Thats alot of plugs

I couldn't find anything in 4k and a triple heat sink. Seems like everything is out of stock.
I solved the 4 plug problem by hanging a cord from the top of the tent in the middle. Pic:

LT 001.JPG

They all run up the middle:

LT 002.JPG

They do a good job in veg. Lemon Tree clones just transplanted from 1 to 2 gallon pots:

LT 003.JPG

Closeup of LT:

LT 004.JPG

I really wanted the Bspec boards with the triple heat sinks but I can't get them. The four of these V2's cost $536.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I couldn't find anything in 4k and a triple heat sink. Seems like everything is out of stock.
I solved the 4 plug problem by hanging a cord from the top of the tent in the middle. Pic:

View attachment 71264

View attachment 71265

They do a good job in veg. Lemon Tree clones just transplanted from 1 to 2 gallon pots:

View attachment 71266

Closeup of LT:

View attachment 71267

I really wanted the Bspec boards with the triple heat sinks but I can't get them. The four of these V2's cost $536.
I got 4 qb132 @ 300 w for 99$ and a lrs 350-36 for 40$ and built a light for 140$ 300w. DIY for the cheapos put there

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister

View attachment 71264

View attachment 71265

View attachment 71266

Closeup of LT:

View attachment 71267

Yeah I dunno what happened to the 132’s. I got mine right before they disappeared from the market.

Those 100’s are nice though, can always add/remove/relocate boards as needed without re-wiring. Definitely killer veg lights. I really dig the 65 I have for starts.

View attachment 71264

View attachment 71265

View attachment 71266

Closeup of LT:

View attachment 71267

You can even mount those on a couple pieces of angle aluminum if you wanted. I got mine on Ebay for like $125 in 4000k

Yeah I dunno what happened to the 132’s. I got mine right before they disappeared from the market.

Those 100’s are nice though, can always add/remove/relocate boards as needed without re-wiring. Definitely killer veg lights. I really dig the 65 I have for starts.
The 100 is my first HLG. I would have never thought for being a smaller light it would have ZERO problems vegging in a 3x3. I really didnt believe their claims as they say they do veg a 3x3. But the plants love it.