ProFilter reversible carbon filter

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
They’re certainly proud of them. Though an interesting idea even double the life span at that price is still a lot more than a standard filter.
They’re certainly proud of them. Though an interesting idea even double the life span at that price is still a lot more than a standard filter.
I don't know if there is a standard in that industry. I do know there is a big difference in the weight of some of the same size filters can vary widely.As well as prices. One of the things i like about these filters is they are made to be refillable. These damn filters are not the easiest things just to throw away when you are concerned about security. So i am hoping it works out without being to messy.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I don't know if there is a standard in that industry. I do know there is a big difference in the weight of some of the same size filters can vary widely.As well as prices. One of the things i like about these filters is they are made to be refillable. These damn filters are not the easiest things just to throw away when you are concerned about security. So i am hoping it works out without being to messy.
I believe there are some other refillable filters out there. I agree about quality differences, I have 2 from amazon, one is vivosun and other I don’t remember. The not vivosun one weighs substantially more than the vivosun one.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I believe there are some other refillable filters out there. I agree about quality differences, I have 2 from amazon, one is vivosun and other I don’t remember. The not vivosun one weighs substantially more than the vivosun one.
I learned a lot this year about these carbon filters this year. I had one that was not that old and top quality and was failing miserably. I vent mine from a roof vent. And at the tail end of my last run it smelled really bad around the outside of the house. What i did not understand was the ratings on these filters are for continuous recirculating i guess not really sure. What i did learn is i pull the air from the flower room thru the filter and then exhaust outside. That is called a single pass rating. The single pass rating is usually right at 50% of the total rating of the filter. I was using the fan to try and reduce heat so i was running the fan at full throttle 400 cfm thru the filter that was rated at 400 cfm. With a filter rated at 400 cfm the max you can pull thru there would be 200 cfm. Lesson learned thanks to @Jesselikes2Grow

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I learned a lot this year about these carbon filters this year. I had one that was not that old and top quality and was failing miserably. I vent mine from a roof vent. And at the tail end of my last run it smelled really bad around the outside of the house. What i did not understand was the ratings on these filters are for continuous recirculating i guess not really sure. What i did learn is i pull the air from the flower room thru the filter and then exhaust outside. That is called a single pass rating. The single pass rating is usually right at 50% of the total rating of the filter. I was using the fan to try and reduce heat so i was running the fan at full throttle 400 cfm thru the filter that was rated at 400 cfm. With a filter rated at 400 cfm the max you can pull thru there would be 200 cfm. Lesson learned thanks to @Jesselikes2Grow
That dude is,a,WEALTH of knowledge!!

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Buddy has a fan and a filter just sitting in his grow tents just filtering the air 24/7. Also has the standard filter and fan exhausting air from his tent. The one filter acts like a scrubber and takes care of most of the odors, in theory.

All this is yet another reason why I am adding onto the garage to get the plants out of the house