Preferred way to support plants, other than SCROG?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I usually grow in fabric pots, just bought all new radicle bags that will be used in all grows from here forward. I use a 70/30 coco perlite blend. Usually, I use a Peony support ring while they are younger (i manifold most of my plants)and if needed when they’re older, I’ll throw in some bamboo stakes. I’ve always liked the concept of using the large tomato cages, but they’re always too narrow up higher for my plants. My current methods work great for me, I’m just curious if anyone else has found methods they wish to share.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I usually grow in fabric pots, just bought all new radicle bags that will be used in all grows from here forward. I use a 70/30 coco perlite blend. Usually, I use a Peony support ring while they are younger (i manifold most of my plants)and if needed when they’re older, I’ll throw in some bamboo stakes. I’ve always liked the concept of using the large tomato cages, but they’re always too narrow up higher for my plants. My current methods work great for me, I’m just curious if anyone else has found methods they wish to share.
I’ll follow this, currently have my first mainline plants going, hoping I have falling over issues. Was just going to do a trellis net.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I’ll follow this, currently have my first mainline plants going, hoping I have falling over issues. Was just going to do a trellis net.
Trellis nets are great, and IMO, probably the easiest and most effective Way to support our ladies. The downside being, once they are in place, they’re in place. Can’t take a plant out and move it around. Most tents these days have backdoors so for most people, this is a negligible factor. I’m a control freak though, I like to rotate my plants as well, so trellis = not for me.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Trellis nets are great, and IMO, probably the easiest and most effective Way to support our ladies. The downside being, once they are in place, they’re in place. Can’t take a plant out and move it around. Most tents these days have backdoors so for most people, this is a negligible factor. I’m a control freak though, I like to rotate my plants as well, so trellis = not for me.
Understand that completely. Be a bitch if one finished much faster and she was in back..

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
This is my first grow and I’m using dowel rods and yo-yos. Rubber S hooks from dowel to plant. Had 3 foot dowels now have 4 foot long.