Preferred grinder?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The grinder sounds great....a coffee grinder at wallymart is about 10 to 15 bucks.

And arthritis sucks for the grinder. I forgot it is why i use a coffee grinder so much.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What someone needs to make is a kief catcher for a cheapo coffee grinder!

Stoner idea # 205
I tried using one of those countertop coffee grinders, and one of the "spin-top" ones with the push-button on the cup. They both rip the hell out of weed, but don't do it efficiently. The counter models grind between two wheels, and adjusting the "grind" just adjusts the distance between the squishy-wheels. Gums up in a heartbeat unless you have some bone dry weed.

The ones with the open blades spinning on top just cut it randomly. You end up with big chunks and dust.

Stoner idea #206 - Come up with a good large capacity electric weed grinder that operated on the same principle as the hand grinders. A SLOW spinning opposing blade set-up line a hand-twister, but funneling out the bottom into a catch chamber (like on the coffee grinders). A removable keif separator could be incorporated in the catch tray.

The trick would be to have the right blade and sieve/hole combination that lets it fall through prior to it being ground/gummed/clogged or whatever.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
1575050503123.png
Basically like this set-up, but with blades instead of "burr-wheels" in that middle section.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
I have one of those attachments for a stand-mixer. It has a screw-feed into a blade, with assorted "sieve" size choices. That might be the ticket.

And because it's for meat, you can take it completely apart for cleaning.

"smoke" report next time I'm rolling a batch.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If she has trouble turning it, and you don't mind dripping 150 on a grinder, I've heard the lift innovations is really easy to turn for people with arthritis.
I just checked that out, and the blade/screen set-up is exactly the same as the meat grinder! It just uses gravity instead of a screw-feed. Pretty nice. No black friday deals :)

PokerJay1983

Really Active Member
Had a real nice one my buddy bought me. 4 chambers and such; but the resin on the seal makes it get stuck. I can’t even turn it. Using a ghetto 2 dollar grinder at the moment.