Ppm stacking & your grow water is it open to basic observations?

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I wanted to open a thread on this topic and be very understanding about the results.
water supply to a farm is canal from the American big national open water source.
This water flowing grows one of America largest agriculture centers in the desert region.
Now I see fields growing abundance harvest after harvest with this canal free running water that I tested at some 1500ppm. Farmers still slap a tank load of nutrient on top of that and grow grow they go temp raging 87-95 no clouds in sight.
Yet in a controlled grow 72 temp humidity at 45% need to use r/o water so They can restack Ppm or plants will die? I look out the window green lettuce abound ... makes me wonder
What do plants really do with all the ppm that's available?
I mean now they say certain nutrients which are salts (ppm) are ph zoned locked.
Seems soil is doing magic with excessive ppm surrounding the roots.
Remember it's 1500 ppm water then they drip feed more nutrients in!
Never see any lettuce yellow tipping. Haha 😂
just an observation

Jewels

Bon~Fire
No answers just observations.
Is this dirt farming ?
Intensive farming causes nutrients to percholate out of the soil. It can 'eat it' as fast as you put it in.
Farmers here on the plains utilize machinery that will literally inject anhydrous ammonia into the soil.
Ammonical nitrogen makes a big party with the CEC and the Ph is reduce, as chelation occurs.

Out on the Pakowki Formation the artesion wells are so hard that the water will kill your lawn. I assume it is the ph ? Or osmotic imbalance ?

I am way up on the head water of the basin of which you speak. There are subtle differences between the Ph , the 'kh' and the 'gh'
Tap here is around 150-300 ppm. If I use part ammonical nitrogen, it will reign in the Ph. The farther down toward the big Miss Sip it has a chance to dissolve more silica ( not necessarily calcium corbanotes) during the journey.

I do not know exactly how the science works. But I believe the answer uses some of the vocabulary I have mentioned

Fun Fact -
Did you know that there is only one river that flows out of the United States and into Canada ?
True story.
Although -We turn it around, and send it right back.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
ReAlly we have the same down here as well flow south into Mexico and back out and up into the Salton sea.
In the Us.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
No answers just observations.
Is this dirt farming ?
Intensive farming causes nutrients to percholate out of the soil. It can 'eat it' as fast as you put it in.
Farmers here on the plains utilize machinery that will literally inject anhydrous ammonia into the soil.
Ammonical nitrogen makes a big party with the CEC and the Ph is reduce, as chelation occurs.

Out on the Pakowki Formation the artesion wells are so hard that the water will kill your lawn. I assume it is the ph ? Or osmotic imbalance ?

I am way up on the head water of the basin of which you speak. There are subtle differences between the Ph , the 'kh' and the 'gh'
Tap here is around 150-300 ppm. If I use part ammonical nitrogen, it will reign in the Ph. The farther down toward the big Miss Sip it has a chance to dissolve more silica ( not necessarily calcium corbanotes) during the journey.

I do not know exactly how the science works. But I believe the answer uses some of the vocabulary I have mentioned

Fun Fact -
Did you know that there is only one river that flows out of the United States and into Canada ?
True story.
Although -We turn it around, and send it right back.
Am I right? What do I win?!?!?!?
1029191604a~2.jpg
The long road home