Pot size

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What he said. Go with what you have room for. I find that a 2 gallon is the smallest I want to flower out a regular plant in, but a three or five is better. Three gallon works well unless the plant goes super long then frequent watering can be a pain.

Also, water the plant, not the pot. If you stick it in a 5g, don't soak the bucket. I use the plant size and the leaves as a giude. Little plant, little water. but in a circle right around the edge of where the leaves stretch to, where the main root growth 'should' be. When you get to the edge of the container it's time to soak. solo-cup, 1g, 5g - doesn't matter.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This depends on what you are feeding with but bigger is always better in the long run. If you are feeding with salt based nutrients then a lot of growers do fine in 5 gal pots for indoor grows. If you are growing in living soil then I personally wouldn’t go any smaller than 7 gallons. I run my plants in 10 gallon pots.

Yotron

What he said. Go with what you have room for. I find that a 2 gallon is the smallest I want to flower out a regular plant in, but a three or five is better. Three gallon works well unless the plant goes super long then frequent watering can be a pain.

Also, water the plant, not the pot. If you stick it in a 5g, don't soak the bucket. I use the plant size and the leaves as a giude. Little plant, little water. but in a circle right around the edge of where the leaves stretch to, where the main root growth 'should' be. When you get to the edge of the container it's time to soak. solo-cup, 1g, 5g - doesn't matter.
Thanks 🙏🏼 exactly what I need to know. .Much appreciated