and 16ml of bloom and 2ml a gal of pro-tek
I mix 30 gallons at a time for my rez
ppm's are 1280ppm
I run well water right out of the tap its ppm is 192
ph is around 8.0 out of tap
after all mixed together its around 6 to 6.5
I hardly ever have to mess with ph
and ph stays right there.
I also have my rez in another room nice and dark.
water teps range from 65% to 70 for water temp
they key is cooler water holds more oxygen
I have only been doin hydro for 3 yrs but this works for me
when using pro-tek you want to put in water first because it will increase ph
just my 2 cents these are 3 wks in veg showing no stress and they are clones

Attachments

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey guys rookie here posting whats worked for me so far, jacks 3 2 1 mixed at that exact ratio per gallon i run 10 gallon reservoirs at about 450 to 500 ppm for early veg and then ramp up slowly to max at about 800 ppm. I mix 30 gals worth of the raw jacks hydro powder and epsom salts with 3 cups of distilled water then do the same with the cal nit also 3 cups of dist water, i add at 28ml per gallon and since i do 10 gals at a time i just add nutes for 6 gals to the 10 for early growth and 10 gals worth during full on growth and with my water that puts me in the sweet zone

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I haven't worried about any of that stuff for years. I use GH flora series - a little when the plants are little, then slightly less than recommended the rest of the way. Never check ph, ppm, or anything else.
So glad I'm not the only one, I used to keep journals on my ph and ppm. Now I don't even check it unless I see issues. I also use the GH Flora 3part, I add calmag but that's it. I run it at 1/4 strength to start and go up if it needs it. So far I haven't had any issues in over the last 6 grows. I did try the koolbloom, but really didn't notice any difference. I swear by the less is more philosophy. I was going to change nutes, but I'm getting such great results from this, I can't bring myself to try anything else.

Nick

Well if I was small time ( I'd use the amount you described in one day) and didn't know how to mix my own salts I'd buy GH. It's simple but you still need to do half the things I wrote about. Need to PH, need a TDS meter, need to blend 2-3 different GH products or more. I still have several GH products on . So they sell that as well.

The only reason I type so much is for someone who has no clue to get an idea on how you can do it yourself.
I could of just said dump 25 lb bag into water *grunt* , dump Epsom salt into water *fart grunt burp* and I'm done typing.
I found your description of your tasks, spot on. Very interesting for sure

SJ_Distiller

I haven't worried about any of that stuff for years. I use GH flora series - a little when the plants are little, then slightly less than recommended the rest of the way. Never check ph, ppm, or anything else.
This is pretty much exactly how I grow as well.

GLG

If it's from clone, Jacks 321. If they need it, Jacks at full strength. I don't even know what the PPM is but the plants never complain. Seedlings at half strength, but it's not long before they want more.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
www.Hydro-gardens.com

I use their 5-11-26 plus micros hydroponic mix 5 parts
Calcium nitrate 4 parts
Epsom salt 2 parts
Sometimes MKP .5 parts

According to mfr's instructions, you want to make a stock solution of as much mix as you'll use in 2-4 weeks. I know you can go a lot stronger but I mix mine to 200g/gal with warm water. Everything else is a single nutrient salt and can be mixed into solution as needed.

Once the mix is in solution, just stir it up and then dip out however much I need by volume; 100g is 1/2 gal, 25g is 2 cups, etc.

My ratios are above, I make a batch and then dilute to about EC 1.8-2.0. If I'm dealing with hot conditions I'll bring that down some.

Reactions: GLG

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
I also had ph issues using GH. I am using megacrop now with good results
I just bought a bag of megacrop I'm swapping to it now. That shit was 110. For a 25lb bag. My friend who grows way more than I said it lasts a few years and that's all they use.
Before the mega crop I used perfect nutrients system which was around 100 it fed 2 plants through 1 run....
I put it in a 5 gallon bucket the day before use to let it mix with the h20.
Anything else I need?
Thanks

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
Lots of different fertilizer will work for sure.

But I'm sure as hell not gonna pay someone to add water to some salts and charge me a 5000% mark up for it.

I've used GH when I first started growing in RDWC, did it for one run and the PH was tough to keep in check. Also it was much more expensive than using a dry fertilizer.

Here is a thing every one needs to understand.

All these companies source their fertilizer/salts only just a small number of companies actually produce fertilizer and I bet it's none of these small cannibus directed companies.
In farming we buy fertilizer by the ton and depending on the mix it's around $200-500 per ton. That's 2000 lbs. Of course that is not soluble fertilizer that mixes right away in water. But we do use a water soluble fertilizer that we call pop up fertilizer.

With my Jack's or masterblend I can make 15 gal of concentrated solution that I apply at 6 ml per gal of water. Sometimes I put more sometimes less. Depending if I'm adding anything else to my 60 gal top off tank. I also add Epsom salt to it at concentrated levels.
My mix comes out to 6ML per gal is 300 ppm.

Theirs 3785 ML per gal and I have 15 gal of concentrated solution. So 56,000 ml of concentrated solution.

Go check the general hydroponics ml per gal and how much it will cost you. Be sure to add in the micros as well.

I also mix my own CalMag and calcium Nitrate.

With my nitrate if I add 12 ml per gal that equates to a rise of 177 ppm

5 ml per gal of Cal mag adds 160 ppm

When I make a concentrate I measure out 1 gal of water and get a general idea of how many ppm it goes up with X amount of ML added. I also weigh out the amount of dry fertilizer per 5 gal container And keep those numbers handy for later.

Also when doing your readings always use the same ppm pen. I have like 4-5 of em and they all read different. Their could be a 100 ppm difference between one brand than the other.
So I've been wanting to learn exactly what is in these fertilizers. I want to male my own. 1000%
Can you point me in a direction to educate myself. You sound like you got it major figured out!!

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
Ya that's what I do. For example I had some megacrop laying around and I got a 5 gal container and measured out around 4500 grams of product and mixed in a bucket then poured it in the container with a spigot. I then took that concentrate and started adding like 30 ml at a time of concentrate to a exact 5 gal bucket of pure water. It come out that 18 ml per gal is 700 ppm on the solution I just made with that batch.

Super easy to do and is a fraction of the cost of buying product that already has had water added to it.

With the masterblend I also already added in the Epsom salt into the concentrate in the ratio that masterblend said to with the formula. It will last as long as any other fertilizer. It's the exact same thing companies do like GH.

Of course water can only hold so much solution so don't pour a whole bag of dry into 5 gal of water it won't mix all the way. Just put in a reasonable amount say 3000 grams for 5 gal mix it up and write down how much you put in for later concentrate mixes.
Ok question (please)
Mega crop and master blend are they interchangeable?
Also I just switched to the megacrop
Do I need to be adding Epsom salts to that mix?
Is there anything else I should be adding.
And how do you guys deal with the solids left in the mixing bucket even 24 hours later mine has little bits of?? Thin debris I guess I'd say
I'm doing dwc with the fertilizer and have only run 2 plants in the system. So definayely a dwc noob.
Thank you ❤