Possible True Hermie

curious2garden

Really Active Member
One important thing is if this is a slow maturing runt it may not be mature enough to flower and just showing sex. The way you know a plant is mature enough to flower is their stem production moves from opposite to alternating. Pistils appear concurrent with that or just prior.
hth

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
One important thing is if this is a slow maturing runt it may not be mature enough to flower and just showing sex. The way you know a plant is mature enough to flower is their stem production moves from opposite to alternating. Pistils appear concurrent with that or just prior.
hth
Thanks. I'm thinking it may just be poor genetics. Even the pistils it has are twisted at an odd angle. With the seeds i have going now I'm just going to cull it to make room in the tent. I'm just waiting to see what happens until I need the room. These were bagseed experiment plants in the first place so I'm going to experiment with the runt and see what happens.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Thanks. I'm thinking it may just be poor genetics. Even the pistils it has are twisted at an odd angle. With the seeds i have going now I'm just going to cull it to make room in the tent. I'm just waiting to see what happens until I need the room. These were bagseed experiment plants in the first place so I'm going to experiment with the runt and see what happens.
It very well could be poor genetics. Sometimes a runt or other oddity can end up being fire too. One way or another our experimenting rewards us, good job.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Damn so it is herm then. If its got any male parts scrap it. Not good for breeding and it will get pollenated n all early. Also risk your other plants getting pollen
That's what I said. I thought it seemed odd.
To late! lol. Herd there was a accident in the tent this morning.
And Capt is right. By the time @SCJedi and @Old ST1R commented on my journal saying it was a male sex organ I ran upstairs to pull it and it looked like it had opened overnight. I didn't see pollen on anything but I've got a lot of airflow in that tent so there is a good chance it was blown to my pure female. I'm hoping it will be okay but wish in one hand and shit in the other. I have to keep a close eye on it for sure.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

And Capt is right. By the time @SCJedi and @Old ST1R commented on my journal saying it was a male sex organ I ran upstairs to pull it and it looked like it had opened overnight. I didn't see pollen on anything but I've got a lot of airflow in that tent so there is a good chance it was blown to my pure female. I'm hoping it will be okay but wish in one hand and shit in the other. I have to keep a close eye on it for sure.
Worst case is you pick some seeds out before you smoke. Just like the good ole days!

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

You are probably going to get some seeds but maybe not that many. Also its for personal use and not that bad having to clean a few seeds out . Still better than having to buy it. Plus the next time you see one of those balls i am sure you will pluck it off much quicker. I have been growing for a while now and i had a incident on my last grow where a couple of the plants threw a few nanners ( Long story ) . I know several of the plants are seeded and hoping not the whole crop. So just saying shit happens just learn from it and move on.lol

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
You are probably going to get some seeds but maybe not that many. Also its for personal use and not that bad having to clean a few seeds out . Still better than having to buy it. Plus the next time you see one of those balls i am sure you will pluck it off much quicker. I have been growing for a while now and i had a incident on my last grow where a couple of the plants threw a few nanners ( Long story ) . I know several of the plants are seeded and hoping not the whole crop. So just saying shit happens just learn from it and move on.lol
Oh I'm not mad. Is what it is. A few people had said they thought it was pistils belatedly blooming so i left it to do its thing. I should have plucked it but this is a learning experience literally. And nanners can appear due to stress right? Or atmospheric changes.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Oh I'm not mad. Is what it is. A few people had said they thought it was pistils belatedly blooming so i left it to do its thing. I should have plucked it but this is a learning experience literally. And nanners can appear due to stress right? Or atmospheric changes.
Yes that is correct. Some strains are are bit risky to run like the GG4 i just had a problem with has a reputation for that. Even though i had a problem this time around to me it is worth the risk. For one this issue was my fault stress induced. With that being said there are plenty of solid genetics out there were the risk of that happening is low.