Pool Shock

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
You had an underlying bacterial infection and go with the 67%
Possible, but he pH didnt do that until the day I started the Pool shock. I was reading that there are 2 different pool shocks available now since when I was using it forever ago. Read that one of the 2 that contains actual "chlorine" can cause pH to dance constantly and I think that may have been what I was experiencing, but I'll find out soon enough. I got a lb of the 65% calcium hypochlorite to test out so well see if it makes me chase pH again. I'll follow @Turpman ratio and see how she goes.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
If my math is correct it should give 1ppm at 1ml/L. I have tested it with pool test drops in pure water it looks correct. I get a light straw colour.
After nutes are mixed in I get no colour on the test. I have read the chlorine reacts with nutes quite rapidly but still has some killing power.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Possible, but he pH didnt do that until the day I started the Pool shock. I was reading that there are 2 different pool shocks available now since when I was using it forever ago. Read that one of the 2 that contains actual "chlorine" can cause pH to dance constantly and I think that may have been what I was experiencing, but I'll find out soon enough. I got a lb of the 65% calcium hypochlorite to test out so well see if it makes me chase pH again. I'll follow @Turpman ratio and see how she goes.
I should ask Cannabineer. He'd know more about the different forms of Chlorine than I do. I run my pool on a hypochlorous loop and my pH is stable. Also using pool shock (73% Ca Hypochlorite) in NFT kept the pH stable. So one uses a Sodium salt and the other a Calcium salt. I'll see what CN says. Let me know your experience.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
iirc, it was the Ca Hypochlorite that was the pH stable one to run of the 2. Most def interested to know for sure before using on anything I have at the moment. Dont really have anything "disposable" that I can take risks with right now.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I got the sock it and...i might go and get the aquarius instead. I usually have 70% liquid chlorine but i used it all the last week the pool was open.

Is this the same thing? If it isnt i can actually put it in the pool next year.

I am going to clean out a flood and drain and give it a go with Megacrop V3....I find that to be the skuzziest next to the autopot system. Hell if this works out ok i will autopot a 6.5 gallon plant or 3 :D

hth sock it.png
aquarius shock.png

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The stuff i use for the pool is a lot different. I stated using chlorine pucks with zinc...no algacide or algae. Algae cant live in the zinc environment.

And i get liquid cholrine in 2 gallon jugs for shocking it.

Whatever doesnt work will end up in the pool. 1 of those 6 dollar sacks treats your whole pool....wow that is strong. Mine is 17500 gallons.

Just imagine....what if you could put your plant in a floating lounge chair......Kratsky in the poolski...