pollenating the lowers towards finish

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Anyone have experience with pollenating the lowers of a plant after harvest and letting them run 6 weeks later and have success? I have a plant or two that are keepers. I have clones but I also have the pollen on deck. Why wait ?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Anyone have experience with pollenating the lowers of a plant after harvest and letting them run 6 weeks later and have success? I have a plant or two that are keepers. I have clones but I also have the pollen on deck. Why wait ?
Interesting.

Would you keep them on 12/12, or go back to 18/6? In other words, once pollinated, do they need a specific light cycle to grow the seeds?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
You coud reveg it, take a cut/grow it to the size you want, get all up in those fresh pistles and bake for 6-8 weeks.
This will take longer if you have the time and space. It gives you more data on the plant (rooting/seed production, if you grew from seed) and better control on the process. If shes worth it give her the best;)

Can you hold the pollen for 90+ days?

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
You coud reveg it, take a cut/grow it to the size you want, get all up in those fresh pistles and bake for 6-8 weeks.
This will take longer if you have the time and space. It gives you more data on the plant (rooting/seed production, if you grew from seed) and better control on the process. If shes worth it give her the best;)

Can you hold the pollen for 90+ days?
I already have rooted clones but that would be something like 2 1/2 months versus 6 weeks and also having to take precautions etc for cross pollinating etc. Right now I can just dust the hell outa the room and let it keep going cause everything else is in veg or young mothers.