POLLEN VIABILITY

Terra Preta

Hey Team, I've successfully reversed a Barneys Farm Purple Punch and collected her pollen in a 50% R/H Humidity environment and the pollen isn't viable.. My question is, throughout the Colloidial Silver application the R/H fluctuates above favorable conditions, so will that moisture content effect the viability of the pollen?
And, is controlling the R/H on that part of the reversing process necessary to produce viable pollen? I'm aware of the multiple variables (Genetics, Environment, Storage) involved
could dissuade people to "give up" but I'm determined to be successful at Cross Pollination. Cheers Team..

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Hey Team, I've successfully reversed a Barneys Farm Purple Punch and collected her pollen in a 50% R/H Humidity environment and the pollen isn't viable.. My question is, throughout the Colloidial Silver application the R/H fluctuates above favorable conditions, so will that moisture content effect the viability of the pollen?

And, is controlling the R/H on that part of the reversing process necessary to produce viable pollen? I'm aware of the multiple variables (Genetics, Environment, Storage) involved

could dissuade people to "give up" but I'm determined to be successful at Cross Pollination. Cheers Team..

Low humidity and high heat will kill pollen , also some.reversals don't work. Pollen could be sterile

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Maybe try using the reversed plant in a room of females, instead of collecting the pollen. Especially if you believe environment could be hindering collecting the pollen. Good luck @Terra Preta .
Agreed - if the environment is a factor it changes constantly with the dark and light cycles. If pollen is being introduced over a few days or a week 24/7 it would be more likely to find that sweet spot to be viable.