Plants stalling when introducing them to the RDWC

The water level issue I slacked on, because I initially had the water level up 2/3 of the net pot as I saw Heisenbubble doing with his veg setup. SO i raised mine that height. THen I read about them drooping in RDWC and it being a possible issue of not enough o2 or room for o2 with the levels so high, so i dropped the level to the bottom of the netpots. Thats contradictory to what current culture does since they suggest running the water level to right below the cube, then dropping down...
I fill my dwc buckets right over the net pot lol

inthetrees

Multistrain also never a good idea to run in rdwc....the feed levels for one plant can be different for another.
For sure, thats why I have each strain in its own system to negate that. Thanks for that chart man, I really appreciate it. I'm going to get good measurements of each water level and track my info over the next 24 and then re-evaluate. I'll top up the systems are raise the level up a bit in the netpots as well. Really appreciate all your info!

For sure, thats why I have each strain in its own system to negate that. Thanks for that chart man, I really appreciate it. I'm going to get good measurements of each water level and track my info over the next 24 and then re-evaluate. I'll top up the systems are raise the level up a bit in the netpots as well. Really appreciate all your info!
Any help....just ask. We will get them ladies back on track.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
that chart really comes in handy

Dont be afraid to feed your plants. i find myself typing that alot. all those numbers for ppms are pretty low.

i dont grow hydro tho and i tend to run my ladies hott. id grab a good calmag/ base and aim for somewhere between 500-600ppm. then see how they react. with hydro your going to notice changes alot faster than us soil growers.

inthetrees

Yah I've been really trying this whole "less is more" thing, but cant help but thinking I need to up the ppm's. Heading out to buy a new pH meter just to put my mind at ease. Once I get the top off reservoir plumbed in I'll measure and mark out my volume intervals so I can reference exactly what they are drinking. Till then I'm measuring from the top of the bucket down to water level. I've got the water set 2" above the bottom of the netpots now.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Yah I've been really trying this whole "less is more" thing, but cant help but thinking I need to up the ppm's. Heading out to buy a new pH meter just to put my mind at ease. Once I get the top off reservoir plumbed in I'll measure and mark out my volume intervals so I can reference exactly what they are drinking. Till then I'm measuring from the top of the bucket down to water level. I've got the water set 2" above the bottom of the netpots now.
When you put your plants in the rdwc system and the roots are not in the water your need to top feed them at least 2 times a day until the roots hit the water. If you run your water level too high at the start you will risk root rot or stem mush. Also you might want to look into some hydroguard if your water temp are high. I keep mine no higher than 70 then my chiller takes it back to 68. Once you get going you will love watching them grow like weeds 😃.
I keep my ph at 6.1 during veg and 5.8 during flower. My ph always rises during veg and falls during flower. Run my nutes at 1/3 strength on General Hydroponics Flora trio.

inthetrees

Yeah I've been top feeding at least 3 times a day. I ordered a 4L jug of UC Roots that showed up yesterday so got added in @ 6mL/gal. Going to grab a 5 gallon pale of it to cut costs. As of last night the one tent of Velvet Underground is already looking way better. Leaves were perking up and had orientated towards the light source. The Lemonberry tent still looks like charlie browns grow tent. Wait to see how things look this morning.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Yeah I've been top feeding at least 3 times a day. I ordered a 4L jug of UC Roots that showed up yesterday so got added in @ 6mL/gal. Going to grab a 5 gallon pale of it to cut costs. As of last night the one tent of Velvet Underground is already looking way better. Leaves were perking up and had orientated towards the light source. The Lemonberry tent still looks like charlie browns grow tent. Wait to see how things look this morning.
I make my own UC Roots solution for cloning

Cultured Solutions UC Roots
This is a 0.028% solution of hypchlorous acid. Most likely created via a solution of sodium hypochlorite. There’s been a fair amount of documentation in the hydroponics world about the uses and benefits of sodium hypochlorite. Look for them somewhere else.

To make your own 0.028% hypochlorous acid solution from a 12.5% sodium hypchlorite solution by weight (15% by volume), add 7mL per gallon.

12.5% sodium hypochlorite: 7mL/gal (1.86mL/L)

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I make my own UC Roots solution for cloning

Cultured Solutions UC Roots
This is a 0.028% solution of hypchlorous acid. Most likely created via a solution of sodium hypochlorite. There’s been a fair amount of documentation in the hydroponics world about the uses and benefits of sodium hypochlorite. Look for them somewhere else.

To make your own 0.028% hypochlorous acid solution from a 12.5% sodium hypchlorite solution by weight (15% by volume), add 7mL per gallon.

12.5% sodium hypochlorite: 7mL/gal (1.86mL/L)
Way cheaper

angel4us

Super Active Member
Here is my reservoir ....I added a gallon at a time and made mark on my floating stick .... now I can tell exactly how many gallons a day they drinking...oh yeah I used a crushed pepper plastic container for my float !!!

Attachments

inthetrees

That's a pretty gnarly setup man! How do you like running that aquarium filter? I was just going to throw 2 air stones in each of my top off reservoirs, but I saw that Heisen runs that setup, and now you as well..

inthetrees

Sorry I hit the distillate pen one too many times this morning... I see the link for the thread now lmfao. Thats straight gold dude! I just started looking at all the old threads online about UC and DIY alternatives. I'm going through the UC roots waaaaay too fast... This is a god send.