Phosphorus deficiency?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
this is what i was thinking to...those brown spots could be calcium spots. the way i tell if its calcium is if those brown spots show up on the leaves that are getting direct light. usually the leaves directly under the light will start it first. then it will start to spreads to others.
deficient of the 3 macros will show up on the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 of the plant. Anything higher is a chelated nute(needs to hitch a ride on a macro nute to get to the top of plant).
1st off, in a perfect world, only 1 problem at a time. lol
The pic, we are looking at, is the end result of a "symptom".
Looks like a "chelate carrying" problem.
Did you overwater using properly mixed amounts of nutes to water? Why does it look like that? Soil not draining properly? recently transplanted?
Humidity to high not allowing plant to evaporate water away? PH way out? etc. etc. etc.
And that's just touching on a few pts of over watering might be the cause.
I'm going with "over watering" for 800.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
youll no if your overwatering. plants will look droopy and if you look at your leaves, youll see the green parts between the veins swell up. the leaves will almost appear "fat". water every 2 to 3 days depending on pot size and depending on how big your plant is. The smaller the pot the more frequently youll need to water. big plant in 1g will probably need watered every day.

If your in soil or coco lift up your pot and try to push 1 of your fingers thru 1 of the holes in the bottom. if it feels wet dont water. if its dry water. Youll learn to be able to tell by the weight of your plant they get very light when they need watered.

also if you dont have a ppm meter, that should be 1 of your next buys. wouldnt suggest anyone trys to grow without 1. save alot of frustration and headaches. without knowing, from the pictures you posted it looks like your plant is hungry. id feed it calmag with a nice shot of base and a nice shot of flowering nutes.
I never use a meter. If I was running "hydro" , then yes. Water is around 7 PH and when you start adding nutes, it goes down to mid 6's,
then stabilizes between 6.8 and 7.2. Newbs can get to focused on PH and it starts going up and down, creating more problems. There's about a week "lag" in the plant showing signs of healing or getting worse.
Now, if I suspect I've overwatered, I'll flip the pot over and seperate it from the container and look at the roots to see if they are brown. This also allows the roots to get air to begin healing some. I will take my pointing finger and poke up into the center of the root ball to create an air pocket.
If she's wearing felt, I'll run my hands around her waist, I mean bottom, pushing my 4 fingers in an upward direction and pulling down with my thumb as I work my way around. If you have done it right, she perk up and you can stop sweating. lol.
Sorry, I'm stoned and rambing. This started out about a meter. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Anyway, if you think any of the above might be right, let it dry out. Then flush it with proper pH water, and if you have it use a rinsing agent like their sledgehammer. If you are going to use salt-based nutes, (the Tiger Bloom and Grow Big) you'll probably need to flush occasionally. Run water through until the run-off has the numbers (ppm/pH) you want. The pH of your soil can get jacked up from too much nutes, overwatering, and not checking the pH before watering.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I never use a meter. If I was running "hydro" , then yes. Water is around 7 PH and when you start adding nutes, it goes down to mid 6's,
then stabilizes between 6.8 and 7.2. Newbs can get to focused on PH and it starts going up and down, creating more problems. There's about a week "lag" in the plant showing signs of healing or getting worse.
Now, if I suspect I've overwatered, I'll flip the pot over and seperate it from the container and look at the roots to see if they are brown. This also allows the roots to get air to begin healing some. I will take my pointing finger and poke up into the center of the root ball to create an air pocket.
If she's wearing felt, I'll run my hands around her waist, I mean bottom, pushing my 4 fingers in an upward direction and pulling down with my thumb as I work my way around. If you have done it right, she perk up and you can stop sweating. lol.
Sorry, I'm stoned and rambing. This started out about a meter. lol
i no some ppl dont "need" to use a meter. alot of us have been growing so long we can read the plant. a meter is almost a necessity for newer growers soil or hydro. you wanna make sure you can come to an educated guess about what the problem may be if/when 1 pops up.

im also using nutes that are straight salts. meter helps me tell how much the plant is eating and how much is left in the soil. ive had salt buildup before which caused the ph to swing locking out some important nutrients. i wouldnt of known this if i didnt use a meter. no nutes were going in, and my runoff ppm kept climbing even after i stopped feeding them nutes.

also good for learning what your tap ppm is. so you no whats there to start with.

ppm meter makes me feel all warm and cozy inside :) :cool:

ShysteGrow

novicegrower
Dude did you check you ph meter accuracy??

My troublesome growing carrier learnd me it is always PH related..
I think it was overwatered causing a lock out or something she lost a lot of her leaves and is growing slow but it stopped whatever it was .. just gave her a light feeding today after letting it dry up and take a couple normal waterings!

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
This animal cookie was put into flower bout a month after the first two. Had trouble with her she just started eating her self alive half way thru flower ! Started in the middle of the plant and was spreading fast ! Still don't know what caused it or how it stopped but looks like we are going to make it ..View attachment 67916
Yeeaa she looks like shes gonna make it! what was your ppm? Heavy feeders will start doing this about 4 to 5 weeks into flowering. they start eating to the point where sometimes i cant feed them enough.

the 2 mac1 x grape slurpees i have in flowering right now are doing this. and when they first started flowering I burnt them a little taking the ppm to 1200. now there eating so much even with 700ppm feedings every other day they dont get above 1200. some strains just eat a lot :)