PH Perfect Nutrients, are they really ph perfect?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Mr being the Johnny Appleseed I Am. I would like to start another satellite grow.
My growbro isnt the most responsible or experienced, but I am here to guide him along.
They guarantee , Advanced Nutrients, that the ph perfext brand nutrients will go a week without leving the ph zone of 5.5 to 6.5

Has anyone tried these or is there another brand that doesny need as much ph testing?

I dont have money for an auto doser and nutes are expensive. 30$ is the going rate for most 1 liter or 1 quart. 2 part and 3 part nute lines.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I ran it on my first run way too much money for what you get, the ph perfect part is misleading it doesnt auto adjust lol its just supposedly supposed to be more readily available at a muchwider range of ph, and do not follow their calculator had me at like 1300ppm in dwc burned her good lol, JACKS for the win

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
with the AN Sensi PH Perfect GROW FORMULA. 1ml of silica and 1ml of calmag (because i use coco and they didnt have the coco one in stock) and 2ml of A and B per litre result in a TDS of 600 and PH 5.8 for me using RO water starting at 20ppm (mixed in a 5 gallon bottle)
4ml was 1200 or something real burny on plants.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
with the AN Sensi PH Perfect GROW FORMULA. 1ml of silica and 1ml of calmag (because i use coco and they didnt have the coco one in stock) and 2ml of A and B per litre result in a TDS of 600 and PH 5.8 for me using RO water starting at 20ppm (mixed in a 5 gallon bottle)
So did it perform like it said it would. Ph stayed stable?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I can honestly say I have no idea if it were ph stable. I used autopots first round and they do not fluctuate by design.
I measure shit daily like an OCD nightmare. I think i will give it a go next flood and drain to finish just to see (and i have enough to do 1 round i think).
I get what you are saying though. Idiot proof is the plan and water systems...well they just are not idiot proof.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
No it needed adjustment same as anything else in dwc, i didnt trust letting it sway too far out of range, the way they say it works is that all the nutes are readily available between 5.2 and 6.8 instead of our normal 5.8 to 6.2, those are general numbers but they claim all the stuff needed can be absorbed in a much wider ph range, i didnt risk it and kept it within "normal" ranges

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have yet to see nutes you throw in water that put the ph in range.
Ph perfect nutes you still have to lower your ph before you add nutes.
Even mega crop...it puts my water up 3 to 5 points.
It must be my water. MC and AN usually end up right at 5.7 after I mix them (with calmag). I measure it but rarely have to adjust it after. But I use a lot of drops in the water systems. PH changes daily in there.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Decisions, decisions!
I have heard from other growers that mega crop amd jacks are too broad of a nute schedule.
The AN nute line requires 16ml per gallon. That seems like a lot to me. Shit at 15 gallons a rez change. That's 240 ml a week. That seems to be why peiple say they are expensive. Thats only 4 changes out of a full 1000 ml bottle! Or 1 liter

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
you need to try the free sample you can get sans paying for shipping on the megacrop and just try it. The people saying it fluctuates its their water, its not the product. I have no idea what my water ph is, but when I add the correct dose of MC to the gallon of water, and ph it after mixed, if I have to add anything, its 4 drops of PH down, lmfao. and really, Im just trying to use that bottle up, but it hits that piss yellow range, every single time, even when clumped up. AN has always been too high priced for what you get. I don't use a resevoir or hydro, I handwater smart pots, so maybe thats the difference. But i been using this straight for over a year and its the best nute Ive ever used. Maybe not in soil, according to some, lol, maybe not in hydro, lol, according to some, but handwatering promix in smart pots, it works great.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
there is a lot of factor in PH temps are a lot to do with fluxuation
my setup I run lucas with a 30gal res I ALWAYS MESURE MY PH TO START
just to see where its at mine out of tap is 8.5 I add pro-tek then nutes
this mix brings ph in perfect range almost spot on 6.0 I can run this over a week
and not have to touch the ph it stays stable even after adding straight tap water
I measure ppm's more than any thing tell you a lot on whats going on in hydro
if your plant is eating the nutes then your ph will start to drift high temps
will do the same this is in my own experience lucas formulas has a lot of nutes
my ppm is 1250 after I mix everything up minus the 192 ppms straight from tap
so about 1100 ppms my plants don't burn but I use HID CMH and HPS for lights
I am sure its way different if you are using LED lights wich i have no experience with
until just recently just for veg I also wondered about PH perfect ferts as well good thread

I AM

THIS!!!

RO Water. Silica. CalMag. Humic. Karma.
Right in the Veg Sweet Spot of 5.6 - 5.8...
I run coco in 10" net lids...top dress & top feed til roots reach the net; then dwc the rest.

You got it dailed in my friend.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
for aN trio i never went past 40ml per 5 gallons per nute. Half of what they said is hot!

I measured this morning

35 35 35 is 800 TDS when you start at 10. I find over 1000 you get problems...700 to 1000 is ideal for flower and a bit less for veg but thats my conditions and fumbling around

Opie1

Master Grower
I generally use 9ml of Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B per gallon, 5ml of CalMag and 3ml of silica per gallon, for flowering. I give them the A&B almost every watering, the CalMag I usually skip the 4th watering and the Silica (which I just started using a while back) every 4th. I know that this isn’t what they recommend, but it works well for me in Promix.
I’ve got MegaCrop and box full of DynaGro nutes that I’m getting ready start tinkering with, maybe I can get better results? I’m not sure, but it won’t hurt to see, as long as keep everything green, lol.
I like the Advanced, but exactly as already mentioned, it’s priced too high for what it is. Who wouldn’t take a cheaper route if you could get equal or maybe even better results?

I AM

No it needed adjustment same as anything else in dwc, i didnt trust letting it sway too far out of range, the way they say it works is that all the nutes are readily available between 5.2 and 6.8 instead of our normal 5.8 to 6.2, those are general numbers but they claim all the stuff needed can be absorbed in a much wider ph range, i didnt risk it and kept it within "normal" ranges
I can tell you 1st hand that there is a sweet spot at 6.2 & 6.8...

Now, i cant remember which is...
I think 6.2 was early flower & 6.8 was middle flower. Or they maybe sativa & indica based. It was years ago.

I did find it to be VERY true..
I was running florolicous/koolBloom/MOAB/Bloomblastic/duece duece & EJ HighBrix as a top feed. At 600 - 800 ppm in week 5:6:7.

I was hella nervous about a super flush...i ran clearex to RO straight from week 9 to 10. I flooded the top feed with the EJ HB though. I got what i wanted though...$mooth pale ashes & great dry tokes.

I think, ill slam it this grow round at 1200+/- ppm at week 5:6:7 then drop to straight distilled. We'll see.

Great thread.

Opie1

Master Grower
I generally use 9ml of Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B per gallon, 5ml of CalMag and 3ml of silica per gallon, for flowering. I give them the A&B almost every watering, the CalMag I usually skip the 4th watering and the Silica (which I just started using a while back) every 4th. I know that this isn’t what they recommend, but it works well for me in Promix.
I’ve got MegaCrop and box full of DynaGro nutes that I’m getting ready start tinkering with, maybe I can get better results? I’m not sure, but it won’t hurt to see, as long as keep everything green, lol.
I like the Advanced, but exactly as already mentioned, it’s priced too high for what it is. Who wouldn’t take a cheaper route if you could get equal or maybe even better results?
I guess I should have also mentioned that I don’t measure the’gallons’ of water I mix, just guesstimate, so 9ml could be give or take. Here’s a couple pics-
C82D3891-09AC-4C67-8AF5-0BA4B2803EA6.png
These were taken a couple weeks ago
0EDDCE9E-9054-4FDF-83B1-DB5F9ABA253A.png
5B04B97B-E576-44E2-93E2-C1F0DA70173B.png
I had to take this one out to get to the others-
5416804C-A52B-4FC0-988E-236DC827D5AD.png
Now I’m ashamed to show any ‘today’ pics, there’s buds laying in every direction.
Note to self: Invest in netting.

I AM

@Opie1

You killed it...THAT is why i grow DWC.
I have been debating on going straight Coco in 5 gal...to reduce mega air pumps & electric use. But im freaking out about losing those LUSH BUSHES. I keep think it will be the same without it. Haha...fuck it.

I gotta be smart...24+ Fiber pots vs full on Bubble buckets...that shit is not exactly incognito on a relocation. Ya know.