(4) HGL 84x
Temp: 84f
RH: 55%
12/12 Light Cycle
Coco/Perlite/Hydroton/Vermiculite mix
Dyna-Gro
pH: 6.2

Day 46
When bumping up my K I forgot to back down everything else and cooked some leaves, huge bummer. Also, Loving these 84x's! It's a lot quieter in the whole room without light ventilation, cooler too.

Big Perm

Budtender
Scarlett Johansson (Honest Genetics) x2
Nilla Wafer (Cannarado Genetics) x2
iLuminar iL8
12/12 Light Schedule
SIP System
Living soil
Temp: 85f

Day 1
Broken stems from heavy LST for the flat canopy. Decided to run a different light in it, and did a little damage in the process. no stress signs though.

Day 2

They snapped back fast. These plants will take a beating, I can tell you.

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
Scarlett Johansson (Honest Genetics) x2
Nilla Wafer (Cannarado Genetics) x2
iLuminar iL8
12/12 Light Schedule
SIP System
Living soil
Temp: 85f

Day 1
Broken stems from heavy LST for the flat canopy. Decided to run a different light in it, and did a little damage in the process. no stress signs though.
View attachment 6887View attachment 6888View attachment 6889View attachment 6890

Day 2

They snapped back fast. These plants will take a beating, I can tell you.
View attachment 6891View attachment 6892
Very nice. I think you’ll like the Scarlett Johansson. I’ve ran several and all were great smoke.

Big Perm

Budtender
Do u run co2?
Are U struggling with keeping temps down?
Isnt 84°f high for flower?
Have u ever had foxtails at that temp?
Do you defoliate during flower to help air movement?
Its seems a bit crammed in the first picture? No?
Do you lst?
I don't run CO2, probably never will. The way I run my ventilation, the carbon filter is on 24/7, I just throttle up or down for temp. I might give CO2 a look if I weren't set up this way. In my room a sitting tent starts to stink up the place.
I don't think 84f is high for flower, but that's just my opinion.
You can foxtail for many reasons, genetics, light, lots more than just temp, temp would be low on the list for foxtailing, imo. Unless you are talking way up there, then I have no clue what happens.
Yeah that first pic is cramped. It was in a scrog, and I had to move the tent. 6 plants late flower. Was a nightmare. Once you take down a scrog, you'll never get it back. I knew this but had no choice. It's got about a week left now, anyway.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Can you link it, I'll check it out.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Isnt 84°f high for flower?
I don't think 84f is high for flower, but that's just my opinion.
My room sits at 83-84...keeps my lst at that right temp for optimal photosynthesization lol. From what I've read and seen first hand led doesn't have the heat hid do so running 6 degrees warmer will increase your leaf surface temperature. Ive only had a few runs in but so far from my blueberry I've yet to experience foxtailing and she loves the low 80s.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I'm new to the LED scene at this level, I honestly don't know enough about it to be any kind of authority on it. They made it and sent it to me for a reason, I don't know that much about it. I do know that like the far red, there is a lot of R&D going into UV right now.
This is true. UV is getting its time. I'm just going off the limited information that I've read. Can't beat free. Well guess I'll be following closely to see what's what.
Edit: someone back on RIU was doing a test on uv timing to figure out amount where it helps and doesn't. Wish I could remember who.

Last edited:

Big Perm

Budtender
Thanks man. I try to stay away from the hype of things and go after if it works or not. So with everything I do or test out, it's throwing all the bs out the window, and seeing what something will actually do.
If I were to ever have a badge, it should be 'Fullmetal Horticulturist', lol. I don't have any way to test the THC content, and I'm not going to send off to have side by side tested for %. I'll smoke it and see if I can tell a difference. Same with the other lights. We can see the difference, I don't need a spectrometer and a bunch of fancy tools to be able to grow something out and say what I like better and why.
I'm not a fanboi of any company. I just want to sort out the bs, firsthand. It would take thousands of dollars for me to be able to do this. Some companies are generous enough to allow me to do it for free, or in return for something else. My goal is to provide neutral comparisons, though. I am still able to do that regardless if I paid for it or not. That's all I wanted to see, and couldn't find it, so I decided to do it myself.

Last edited:

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
I invited JWM2 and Phylex over here from the Farm. They're both running similar HLG gear and know the "how's & why's" of this equipment. I know JWM2 is running far reds too. He might have the spectrum controller on his by now. Haven't checked in a while but he was talking about adding it.

Those are some bada$$ QB riggs y'all got. It's great to finally see some "all-in-one" veg/bloom cycle QB gear on the market.