Pass Through Carbon Filter

Streetpro09

Tester
Hey guys. Looking for a pass through carbon filter that I can rebuild. Not sure on the cfm rating I need yet. I still need to look at the ac unit to find out. Any ideas of manufacturers (brand names) I should be looking at?

Macncheesehaze

I made my own filter out of pitco fryer filters lol. I pull through an ipower 4inch carbon filter and blow out through two of the pitco carbon fryer filters. Works PERFECT. As for building one from scratch that’s the closest I’ve come. I’m sure there’s someone on here who can point you in the right direction. Sorry I’m not any help.

Attachments

Streetpro09

Tester
I made my own filter out of pitco fryer filters lol. I pull through an ipower 4inch carbon filter and blow out through two of the pitco carbon fryer filters. Works PERFECT. As for building one from scratch that’s the closest I’ve come. I’m sure there’s someone on here who can point you in the right direction. Sorry I’m not any help.
Oh your good. No apologies needed. We're all men here. (Or should at least act like it. It'll make picking out the girls easier 😉)

Do you have any idea the surface area needed compared to the cfm or inlet size?

Macncheesehaze

Well I’m not 100% sure what’s needed, what’s the size of the area you need it for? The one I have, the 4 inch, has a cfn of 190 and it sucks too hard for the filter to be effective. Adding the extra filter to blow through too made a huge difference.

Streetpro09

Tester
Engineering specs I suppose. How much media (carbon). How deep of a bed and how wide for a certain cfm. I don't know if there's a standard (spec) like: 12"x12"x1" of carbon will filter x amount of cfm of the nastiest smelling shit you ever did smell. 😉