Out of doors

Jg88

Getting geared up for this year's outdoor season. Gunna veg indoors and as soon as the weather gets warmer everything's going outside. Popped a few fems
puffin
big ups to the member that hooked me up with the heisenbeans🙌

1x Purple punch s1 (heisenbeans)

1x Stardawg s1 Corey haim cut (heisenbeans)

1x ice cream cake s1 (heisenbeans)

1x gmo cookie x black banana cookie aka "black zafiro" (heisenbeans)

1x Girl scout cookie s1
(CSI Humboldt)

1x Blue cheese (Barneys farms)

1x strawberry eclair (g13 labs)

3x wedding cake x POG (Hawaiian heirloom genetics)

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Nice. Good luck. (y)

I skipped doing an outdoor run last year. Now that I have finally learned to clone reliably, I'm looking to put some cuts outdoors and see how they perform. Shit, I might toss a few out if the weather stays warm, see about a spring harvest. :LOL:

D

Deleted member 60

We are creepin up on Summer...thankfully.

So when can you go outside in your area @Jg88? Have you grown in this location/outdoors previously?

You have a nice selection of beans. I ask the above because if you can go out early enough....skip the indoor veg and let them rock naturally. This keeps you from having to match light schedules indoors/etc so your plants don;t flower too early outside and then re-veg on you. Not questioning your experience levels/etc.... just wanting to see if you were aware of the possibility/etc. so you don;t try to go too early and get surprised.

Anyway...good luck with your grow!

Rosinallday

Super Active Member

So when can you go outside in your area @Jg88? Have you grown in this location/outdoors previously?

You have a nice selection of beans. I ask the above because if you can go out early enough....skip the indoor veg and let them rock naturally. This keeps you from having to match light schedules indoors/etc so your plants don;t flower too early outside and then re-veg on you. Not questioning your experience levels/etc.... just wanting to see if you were aware of the possibility/etc. so you don;t try to go too early and get surprised.

If you veg ur seedlings at 14 hrs light they wont go into flower when you put them out. Learned that the hard way.
20200129_052837.jpg

Jg88

Nope never grew outdoors before at this spot. Sometime around mid April I figure it'll be good to go outside . Didn't think of them flowering too early, I'll do that 14/10 hour veg cycle thanks for the heads up 😀

D

Deleted member 60

I did it myself my first year here. I popped out 6 clones from 18/6 that were 18" tall on May 15th....and not only did 3 of the 6 re-veg I found out it was too early weatherwise for my area. I didn't get a head start, for sure. The 3 that went back into veg did finally flower but the weight was about 1/3 of the others and it wasn't near as dense. Not good. Won't do that again.

Good luck all.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
@Jg88 if you don't mind sharing, what's your general locality? You don't have to be specific, a state or region would be plenty.

If you're planning to veg indoor and then put them out in April, you're looking at huge plants. To give an example, I started seeds outdoors in early May I believe, and when harvest time came I had 8 foot tall plants on the high end, 6.5 on the short end.

Anyway, you'll figure it out one way or another. Have fun. (y)

Jg88

@Jg88 if you don't mind sharing, what's your general locality? You don't have to be specific, a state or region would be plenty.

If you're planning to veg indoor and then put them out in April, you're looking at huge plants. To give an example, I started seeds outdoors in early May I believe, and when harvest time came I had 8 foot tall plants on the high end, 6.5 on the short end.

Anyway, you'll figure it out one way or another. Have fun. (y)
I'm in southern California 8 foot plants sounds wicked!!!

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I'm in southern California 8 foot plants sounds wicked!!!
More power to ya then.

You couldn't pay me to grow another 8' plant...huge pain in the ass is my opinion. All other things being equal, I'd rather do two 3-4' plants vs one 8'+. But that's me, not trying to tell you what you should do.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
If you veg ur seedlings at 14 hrs light they wont go into flower when you put them out. Learned that the hard way.
View attachment 45756
I’m in zone 7 and some of my strains still go into flower a little but I like it that way because I can cull my males and I can harvest some seed that way if I want. I usually try to aim for the 3rd week of April on my seed plants. Not only can you harvest some seed this way but when they go into flower slightly and reveg there will be no need to top or pinch because there will be so many new shoots when they reveg they will be massive bushes, no Christmas tree shape after reveg.
Clones on the other hand are tough to get the timing just right and you don’t want them to go into flower, they’re not like seeds and some of my strains will not revert back to veg. Where I’m at I set my clones, my picky ones, to veg inside at 14hrs and 20 mins and I wait till outside daylight hrs gets within 10 minutes usually around the beginning of June. The summer solstice only gets a little over 14 and a half hours here so you can see there’s not much room to play around. Of course it’s very strain dependent, I have a bagseed cookie I’ve kept that can go out in May and it’ll stutter or stall for a little bit then take off well before June. I absolutely love outdoor, nothing compares to seeing a plant in its full glory. I don’t mind the 8 footers, I had some kiwi genetic’s 2 pounder strain get 10-12 ft back during the 2018 season. Pretty crazy to see branches on branches on branches on branches! You want see that inside.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Got out to the mountain yesterday.......I'm gonna need a new spot.

Had a deer hunter set up shop real close to my spot last year, permanent stand, ATV parked nearby. I have permission from the property owner, the deer hunter is a citiot, recent homebuyer. I found his trail, he has no legal access but guess what............he crossed the road and made a trail. I don't get why the ATV was parked there, probably died. Looks like at least one deer got hit, but either not recovered or just backstrapped and left to rot. There's soda bottle trash, wrappers, etc. But the trail is like a half mile and goes from a road right to my spot, that's not great.
I think I may forgo the out of doors this year except for some well placed landscape runts.

D

Deleted member 60

Bummer. Sounds like my new neighbor. He thinks cus there are trees here he's in the boonies and can do "WHATEVER< he chooses. Fucker is building a road.....through the trees/across the mountainside so his kids can reach the BLM land (your land/my land too) to rip and tear on their dirt bikes. Thing is...such a thing is illegal... you can't make a new "way in" on Federal Land. However, Chucky has heavy equipment....so you know...he owns >>>>>everything<<<<<. I had a little scrape with the guy because as he dozed his road....basketball sized rocks were careening down the hill...onto my property. One just missed my shed....

So when i went to investigate nd say "Hey...WTF?" ...i found a 31 yer old "you cain't tell me whut tu du on my property" kinda guy behind the controls ....who basically told me I was standing on HIS land...telling HIM wht to do...with no real care that he's bombing me below with 100 pound missles.....and that he DIDN"T move all the way out here for someone to tell him what to do....

I had to say my piece and walk away.....and wait for a better time to fuck his wagon... Heehee....

And yes....his road is about 100 ft away from where I wanted to toss a few out quietly/in hidden mode...and he has teenagers......so...um...like you say...maybe not.