Out and about somewhere in the hills...

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Mar 23, 2019
@Bodyne .....I used a 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest and Mother Earth coco/perlite. I reused the soil I used last year this year and will do so again next season. This year I used the Megapoop....then a bit of their bloom.....then switched to Big Bloom and Budswell for the finish. If I was guerilla growin I might think about some polymer crystals to extend the periods between waterings. Not sure how it goes in the Midwest though. Might not be needed. Holes will definitely stay wet longer. Out here I have to water the 30's daily when it's real hot/they are wee ones...and every other day later in the year.

Yeah guys...didn't check on any pots smaller than 30's for that shipping thing. Seems stupid I can get 20 - 30 gallon pots sent to me for $18.....and it appears the smaller pots are just as expensive to ship.

The fire has calmed with the cooler weather.. We are under a Winter Storm Watch...possibly 5-7 inches tomorrow night. Hope so. Could really do some damage on the fire lines.

Still sittin Lip Smack outside....was 60+ today and sunny. Definitely has grown in the last week....gonna be over soon though. Everyone else is drying well...a few come due for bagging everyday. Just lettin em sit and letting em breathe every-so-often. Really jonesin' it to try a few of these but am holding off a bit to let them have their due.

Had the CP resident Master Builder and a buddy here all weekend + a few days building on my shower room addition. Was good to hook/smoke/hang and to watch them at their craft. I'm a total hack in comparison to what they can do. Woulda taken me months and wouldn't have looked as good as this. Now i have a buncha shit to do. LOL. Insulated it all today (itches...scratches...) and am gonna try to get the eaves in and some paint on before it snows. We will see how that goes....LOL. Many thanks my friend...
Man that snow is welcome news. I would think that would calm that fire down along with your nerves.

BigBallzWillie

PICK YOUR NOSE
May 19, 2019
I must have bought them somewhere else. 247 showed i had a account but no record of my first order of them. I checked amazon could not find a record of it there either. It just goes against the grain paying that much for shipping ( 13 dollars for 12 pots and almost 18 for shipping) I guess if you were to reword it and say 2.42 per pot and free shipping it would sound like a much better deal.
In the end, I bought the vivosun 7 gal bags for $12 for 5. I have a dozen or two already, in 1, 3, 5, and I like the quality and the way the handles lay off to the side. Some folks on Amazon were griping about the 247 sizing/pots being small also.

Last edited:

BigBallzWillie

PICK YOUR NOSE
May 19, 2019
@stiickygreen, what is your medium in those pots. I got a chance to do a few outdoors next year, but more guerella style aka not being able to tend to em as often as normal. So gonna try to get em started inside and get strenghthen up, bug sprayed a lil and put outside. I should prolly dig a smaller hole, amend it, plant the small ones and just let go, prolly, I guess. Hope for the best expect the worst and almost try to forget them as then if they do make it, be a big surprise on top of the indoor. Just curious, wasn't sure if you did all the special teas, etc or just a more basic feed regime. Thanks in advance
whatever mix works for you for the dirt, then cut with 10% vermiculite. That stuff holds water very well.

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Mar 12, 2019
Lost in Space
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!
That's clutch @stiickygreen !

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
They've upped it to a Winter Storm Warning with "5-9 inches with locally higher amounts possible".

Will likely be a good day tomorrow to finish up the trim/jar session for the season. Still have 4 ladies hanging and Lip smack actively growing. Today may be her last sunny day though. Even so...this is the latest i've ever kept a plant going in this locale. I'd say she's cruising up on 11-12 weeks now. Hope the rest of the pack doesn't wanna take THIS much time to finish. Will likely grow these indoors from here on.

Trimmed FUZZY into oven bags last night. Just an AMAZING amount of stiinky, stiicky, tight nugs. Will weigh it when it is fully dried.....but for a 4 ft plant this is a massive take. Definitely some of the largest tops I've ever grown. Just a beast.

Heehee...I guess it's time to start thinking about an indoor grow again....

Bodyne

Freebie Whisperer
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2019
Bean Mill at DryNob
Lip Smack hopefully be your nite nite meds, lol. Glad you weathered the storm, pun kinda intended. Worried everytime I seen the CO weather on TV. Kudo's to you, sir, I might have been a less patient sort, and fucked up the whole program, aka leaving, staying, chopping, not chopping, etc. Peace and Karma and maybe a milder winter that what you are used to. Very impressed with your smarts and applications, life in general, growing in particular. Honored to know ya. And very glad the place didn't burn down, stiicky!

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Mar 12, 2019
Lost in Space
Thanks man. None of this has even come close to what we've already gone through w/losing the oldest son... so like a lot of stuff now...I have a true benchmark to go by I never had before when things start to go to shit.
Basically...it boils down to "is it life changing...or just somethin money can fix?" This was the latter.......

Fortunately....the whole weed thing is gonna work out OK. Got the time I needed to trim/dry....no rush...no packin it up and runnin'. It was certainly a mindfuck there for a bit though. Lotsa time invested, for sure. Now I can go back to bitchin' that I have no market and too much weed.......heehee...

No real "smarts" here.....just an old guy set in his ways :ROFLMAO:.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2019
other side of the rabbit hole
Thanks man. None of this has even come close to what we've already gone through w/losing the oldest son... so like a lot of stuff now...I have a true benchmark to go by I never had before when things start to go to shit.
Basically...it boils down to "is it life changing...or just somethin money can fix?" This was the latter.......

Fortunately....the whole weed thing is gonna work out OK. Got the time I needed to trim/dry....no rush...no packin it up and runnin'. It was certainly a mindfuck there for a bit though. Lotsa time invested, for sure. Now I can go back to bitchin' that I have no market and too much weed.......heehee...

No real "smarts" here.....just an old guy set in his ways :ROFLMAO:.
You, my friend, are the fuckin man. So happy to hear about the snow, now I don't have to worry about you getting too toasty. Also that's some solid advice there. I'm tryna be like you when I grow up lmao. "Too much weed" haaa...

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Mar 12, 2019
Lost in Space
2-3 weeks of drying now. Everything is in the zone. Terps are starting to come through as the green smell goes bye-bye.

Lip smack got her last day in the Sun today. Gonna be 3-4 days of snow/cold and will not warm back over 50 over the next week +. Will likely chop her in the next day or so. Frosted up a bit. The smoke/rosin will tell the tale.

DSCN1294.JPG

DSCN1295.JPG

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2019
other side of the rabbit hole
2-3 weeks of drying now. Everything is in the zone. Terps are starting to come through as the green smell goes bye-bye.

Lip smack got her last day in the Sun today. Gonna be 3-4 days of snow/cold and will not warm back over 50 over the next week +. Will likely chop her in the next day or so. Frosted up a bit. The smoke/rosin will tell the tale.

View attachment 27288

View attachment 27289
That pic does her no justice...just realize she's as big as that door behind her. Those colas are massives and colored TF out lol. Beautiful work stiicky. By the way more then happy to see the snow came through could've sworn I said something about that tho lol oh well.

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Mar 12, 2019
Lost in Space
More snow and cold on the way. They say the fire is still smoldering but not a threat. More snow over a 3-4 day period will end it for sure. Fuckin shit fried our nerves...... thank Bob for weed!

Still letting shit cure/dry out a bit so haven't dove into the mix to sample the buds or make some judgements. Gotta say though.....that rado is pretty right on with his descriptions of his wares. If he said it yielded well...it did. If he said it smelled like __________...it does. If he says it makes great hash....it's a frost machine.

Gonna try to do some weighing...just for fun. Will just be the tops we saved...so no total weights....but still gonna be impressive with some of these...if not all. Lowest producer is likely gonna be the Black Lemon Cake. Still a good amount....but nothing like Fuzzy or CAGP or Cherry Strudel. Those stacking kush-nug type plants just never yield all that well. Gotta have the clubs to get the big weight.

Already getting the itch to pop something in the tent. Might buy another tent ....and...gasp....an LED of some sort. Out of my scope....so I'll have to rely on rec's from others. Figured I'd give it a go though....even though I still love my HID stuff. It just works.......always has......paid the bills for many years.... and I have a stack of ballasts 5 ft high sitting here. LOL. Goddamn old people can't throw anything away....

Anyway...i need to peek some Useful gear and see what that's all about......and I may just cram the tent full of a wide variety of shit...just cus I need to burn through some seeds. I've been holding off on purchases cus...well...yah.....but I have my eye on a couple of things that keep buggin me so I might just snag em to quell the old seed buying jones.... I need to do some of those TRADES I've spoke of to a few of you as well....that might ease the shakin and shit.....LOL......you know what I'm talkin about....goddamn seed whores....

SSGrower

Average Grower
Pollen Chucker
Apr 25, 2019
More snow and cold on the way. They say the fire is still smoldering but not a threat. More snow over a 3-4 day period will end it for sure. Fuckin shit fried our nerves...... thank Bob for weed!

Still letting shit cure/dry out a bit so haven't dove into the mix to sample the buds or make some judgements. Gotta say though.....that rado is pretty right on with his descriptions of his wares. If he said it yielded well...it did. If he said it smelled like __________...it does. If he says it makes great hash....it's a frost machine.

Gonna try to do some weighing...just for fun. Will just be the tops we saved...so no total weights....but still gonna be impressive with some of these...if not all. Lowest producer is likely gonna be the Black Lemon Cake. Still a good amount....but nothing like Fuzzy or CAGP or Cherry Strudel. Those stacking kush-nug type plants just never yield all that well. Gotta have the clubs to get the big weight.

Already getting the itch to pop something in the tent. Might buy another tent ....and...gasp....an LED of some sort. Out of my scope....so I'll have to rely on rec's from others. Figured I'd give it a go though....even though I still love my HID stuff. It just works.......always has......paid the bills for many years.... and I have a stack of ballasts 5 ft high sitting here. LOL. Goddamn old people can't throw anything away....

Anyway...i need to peek some Useful gear and see what that's all about......and I may just cram the tent full of a wide variety of shit...just cus I need to burn through some seeds. I've been holding off on purchases cus...well...yah.....but I have my eye on a couple of things that keep buggin me so I might just snag em to quell the old seed buying jones.... I need to do some of those TRADES I've spoke of to a few of you as well....that might ease the shakin and shit.....LOL......you know what I'm talkin about....goddamn seed whores....
Just ordered 2 boards from Growlights Australia (prawn connery from riu) here is his landing page, he is just getting going so page is very basic and no e-commerce.

Reason I went for his boards is incorporating the uva source. To my knowlwdge he is the only one with something other than a 455nm source in a phosphor coated led on a prebuilt unit.

Bodyne

Freebie Whisperer
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2019
Bean Mill at DryNob
I bought some cheaper but well reviewed led's and Im not getting the penetration I like or need or used to from the ole HPS/MH. I am not buying the super expensive ones, nor am I supplementing light in the corners and lower areas, as I don't have to with the hps's. So that's prolly the deal, Im not knocking them, I just have my own system and it works for me, I guess, albeit a lil ole fashioned, lol. Those led's sure pull the frost out and pump up the uppers closer to them, but I get not shit underneath. And I seem to manipulate the plants more with HID and distance between lights and plants better. Having said all that, seen your weather report, man, feast or famine out there, blizzards or forest fires, lol, my nerves be shot, I'd just sit in a pile of dried meds with a pack o papers and just start smokin and finish when I finish, lol. Glad you are ok, stiicky, I was worried for a minute.

stiickygreen

Passing to the Left
Mar 12, 2019
Lost in Space
It was 65F here yesterday. Plenty warm for me. If it gets above 90 I'm pretty much worthless. Fuck that shit is right. Folks scoff at the snow but they sure do like their pools and shit down there in the desert....LOL. I grew up in Missouri....had enough of the heat/humidity there and moved to CO. Never goin back! Eeeeewwww. Nasty. As far as nerves.....at least we don't have ice storms and tornaders and floods....yikes. I guess everywhere has some sort of shit going on. I never curse the snow because it waters all my shit all summer for free and helps to keep us from burning in the fires of Hell...

Hmmmmm @Bodyne. I respect yer opinion....no penetration...huh? Sounds like no fun all the way around...heehee. Still on the fence. Sure don't need another light....LOL. Like you...I still like my HID gear.....especially in Winter. It's a space heater and a way to grow dope at the same time. I never run heaters..,,.I just run more lights. Maybe use the LED's as sidelights like we used to do with the t-5's?

So do ya use as much power with the LED's? notice any difference in the monthly bill? Not THAT worried here..it's a cost of doin business (CODB). I've just heard mixed takes on how efficient they really are. A 1000 watt draw is a 1000 watts no matter the light...right? Yup....old fashioned here as well..... I don't have no Playstation/cell phone/etc. heehee............

So...did those friends ever finish up that Lem oir amnesia? If so...were they any good? :ROFLMAO:

Bodyne

Freebie Whisperer
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2019
Bean Mill at DryNob
It was 65F here yesterday. Plenty warm for me. If it gets above 90 I'm pretty much worthless. Fuck that shit is right. Folks scoff at the snow but they sure do like their pools and shit down there in the desert....LOL. I grew up in Missouri....had enough of the heat/humidity there and moved to CO. Never goin back! Eeeeewwww. Nasty. As far as nerves.....at least we don't have ice storms and tornaders and floods....yikes. I guess everywhere has some sort of shit going on. I never curse the snow because it waters all my shit all summer for free and helps to keep us from burning in the fires of Hell...

Hmmmmm @Bodyne. I respect yer opinion....no penetration...huh? Sounds like no fun all the way around...heehee. Still on the fence. Sure don't need another light....LOL. Like you...I still like my HID gear.....especially in Winter. It's a space heater and a way to grow dope at the same time. I never run heaters..,,.I just run more lights. Maybe use the LED's as sidelights like we used to do with the t-5's?

So do ya use as much power with the LED's? notice any difference in the monthly bill? Not THAT worried here..it's a cost of doin business (CODB). I've just heard mixed takes on how efficient they really are. A 1000 watt draw is a 1000 watts no matter the light...right? Yup....old fashioned here as well..... I don't have no Playstation/cell phone/etc. heehee............

So...did those friends ever finish up that Lem oir amnesia? If so...were they any good? :ROFLMAO:
my guess is it was pretty good. I never got my sample and never heard a word more about it after I seen it and heard how good it looked. lol. If it wasn't any good, I'd never heard the end of it, lol. The Purple Cheddar they just planted outside, not like me or you, like just planted the fuckers in middle of field sort of thing and said it hermied on them, but admitted that was all on them. The good news is now Im my own growmie, lol. Gettin @HydroRed 's cloner finished up, Ima be my own network. If Im gonna give away beans anymore that I don't hear about etc, I'd just as well waste em, not nobody else, that's for sure, lol. Got some Choc D from useful with your name on it if you like, I'd like to see them babies growed outside like you do. I know you sick of the chems, ogs, etc ,just offerin. His cut of that Choc D is tits, imho. For yield, choc diesel taste and effects. Just hollar.