Out and about somewhere in the hills...

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
Still here. Fire is still burning.....still on Pre-Evac. No direct threat at present....but this will go on until we get rain or snow so it's all still a huge crapshoot. We're just trying to be aware but not let it change what we do normally. It kinda drives ya nuts not knowing and being on the ready.

The first buds are starting to dry. We left the first 2 plants fairly bushy on the initial trim. Did a bit of final trimming on a few colas tonight. Now I remember why I don't "dry" trim.

Thanks for asking @yougrowyourway

yougrowyourway

resident asshole
Site Supporter
Still here. Fire is still burning.....still on Pre-Evac. No direct threat at present....but this will go on until we get rain or snow so it's all still a huge crapshoot. We're just trying to be aware but not let it change what we do normally. It kinda drives ya nuts not knowing and being on the ready.

The first buds are starting to dry. We left the first 2 plants fairly bushy on the initial trim. Did a bit of final trimming on a few colas tonight. Now I remember why I don't "dry" trim.

Thanks for asking @yougrowyourway
Glad to hear, seriously. It's need to snow for you. I am however truly excited for you and your harvest. You've got some AAAA chronic! Two months I'll be back to being medicated and more involved around here lol even my own journal is slacking 🤪🤣😈

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
Still busy/crazy here. MAYBE Thursday for some rain/snow. They always forecast the shit and then..day by day...they start to back off until a predicted rain/snow day becomes partly cloudy/sunny...and we get totally ganked. Such is why there's a fire in the first place. Not much moisture here all Summer.....and lots of dead/fallen trees. Boom. Today is supposed to be uber windy....so that will likely flare the damn thing up. We will see. The funny thing is that we are in Pre-Evac but are currently in the midst of remodeling the bathroom/shower. Build it like somebody gonna let ya stay/yer not gonna get burned out is all we can do. This shit is a real mindfucker. Up/down/up/down/up/down.....

Starting to finish up a few gals. Tally and Fuzzy got their final trims. Holy fuck is there ever some frosting here. And Fuzzy is off the hook for bud size. Probably an 8 on the density scale. Just watching em day by day for the perfect dryness....then cut em off the stem into a turkey bag...gently close it up...and let them sit for a bit.....burping if needed. We're so dry here that it isn't usually needed IF you dry it correctly in the first place (60F/60% for as long as you can pull it off)

Lip Smack is still on cruise mode. The extra time is setting a bit more frost but I'm thinking she (this pheno anyway) just isn't gonna be a real frosty gal.. My buddy says it's one of his favs....taste is off the hook....and that he was also not impressed overall (nice plant but we aren't growin nice) while she was growing but she came on big with taste after the dry/cure. We will see. Not every plant is gonna check all of the boxes...I don't care who bred it. You never know though cus my Colorado Blueberry was never frosty but it IS the best tasting weed I think I've ever smoked. Frost is great but it isn't everything. I've had some really frosty duds before....LOL.

Gettin' there though. On Oct 25th it will be 6 months since I planted the seeds. 6 months from now I'll be doin it all again.... heehee. I hope.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Site Supporter
Hey @stiickygreen i think i got the info from you but can't remember. The company 247 garden pots. I am pretty sure i ordered a dozen 2 gal fabric pots with the short lime green handles from them but not positive . My question to you is did they offer a promotion with free shipping? I like them a lot better than the smart pots less leakage out of the side of the pot. They have good prices as well except when you add shipping it more than doubles the price.

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
Yes...that's where I got my 30's at. I just went there and dropped 20 - 30 gal pots in my cart....about $80....it says the shipping would be $20 on that quantity.

"Smart Pots" want $18 for ONE container....

How many were you looking to buy? Maybe a small quantity costs the same to ship? Still seems cheap here compared to "Smart Pots". Hope ya figure it out.

BigBallzWillie

Insane Grower
@Capt C

They warehouse/sell at amazon also....free shipping on $25 (across entire amazon site)

Not sure if it's all products though.

Their shipping on 5 lousy grow bags was $14.20. 5 bags total was $22.15
Amazon, same 5 bags was $9.99 total.

So let those dunmbasses @ 247 garden pots pay the amazon fee due to their ridiculous shipping prices. THAT'S REALLY STUPID on their part. They could have easily stuck those bags in an $8 envelope, instead of the insulting shipping charge which pushed me to Amazon. But even if the shipping was $8, they would still be 50% higher for the same purchase...their own stuff. wtf

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Site Supporter
Yes...that's where I got my 30's at. I just went there and dropped 20 - 30 gal pots in my cart....about $80....it says the shipping would be $20 on that quantity.

"Smart Pots" want $18 for ONE container....

How many were you looking to buy? Maybe a small quantity costs the same to ship? Still seems cheap here compared to "Smart Pots". Hope ya figure it out.
I was going to get another 12 pots but the shipping more than double the price. 12 pots 12.96 shipping is 17.49. Still works out pretty cheap 2.50 a pot.

Bodyne

Mill Foreman
@stiickygreen, what is your medium in those pots. I got a chance to do a few outdoors next year, but more guerella style aka not being able to tend to em as often as normal. So gonna try to get em started inside and get strenghthen up, bug sprayed a lil and put outside. I should prolly dig a smaller hole, amend it, plant the small ones and just let go, prolly, I guess. Hope for the best expect the worst and almost try to forget them as then if they do make it, be a big surprise on top of the indoor. Just curious, wasn't sure if you did all the special teas, etc or just a more basic feed regime. Thanks in advance

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Site Supporter
@Capt C

They warehouse/sell at amazon also....free shipping on $25 (across entire amazon site)

Not sure if it's all products though.

Their shipping on 5 lousy grow bags was $14.20. 5 bags total was $22.15
Amazon, same 5 bags was $9.99 total.

So let those dunmbasses @ 247 garden pots pay the amazon fee due to their ridiculous shipping prices. THAT'S REALLY STUPID on their part. They could have easily stuck those bags in an $8 envelope, instead of the insulting shipping charge which pushed me to Amazon. But even if the shipping was $8, they would still be 50% higher for the same purchase...their own stuff. wtf
I must have bought them somewhere else. 247 showed i had a account but no record of my first order of them. I checked amazon could not find a record of it there either. It just goes against the grain paying that much for shipping ( 13 dollars for 12 pots and almost 18 for shipping) I guess if you were to reword it and say 2.42 per pot and free shipping it would sound like a much better deal.

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
@Bodyne .....I used a 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest and Mother Earth coco/perlite. I reused the soil I used last year this year and will do so again next season. This year I used the Megapoop....then a bit of their bloom.....then switched to Big Bloom and Budswell for the finish. If I was guerilla growin I might think about some polymer crystals to extend the periods between waterings. Not sure how it goes in the Midwest though. Might not be needed. Holes will definitely stay wet longer. Out here I have to water the 30's daily when it's real hot/they are wee ones...and every other day later in the year.

Yeah guys...didn't check on any pots smaller than 30's for that shipping thing. Seems stupid I can get 20 - 30 gallon pots sent to me for $18.....and it appears the smaller pots are just as expensive to ship.

The fire has calmed with the cooler weather.. We are under a Winter Storm Watch...possibly 5-7 inches tomorrow night. Hope so. Could really do some damage on the fire lines.

Still sittin Lip Smack outside....was 60+ today and sunny. Definitely has grown in the last week....gonna be over soon though. Everyone else is drying well...a few come due for bagging everyday. Just lettin em sit and letting em breathe every-so-often. Really jonesin' it to try a few of these but am holding off a bit to let them have their due.

Had the CP resident Master Builder and a buddy here all weekend + a few days building on my shower room addition. Was good to hook/smoke/hang and to watch them at their craft. I'm a total hack in comparison to what they can do. Woulda taken me months and wouldn't have looked as good as this. Now i have a buncha shit to do. LOL. Insulated it all today (itches...scratches...) and am gonna try to get the eaves in and some paint on before it snows. We will see how that goes....LOL. Many thanks my friend...

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Site Supporter
@Bodyne .....I used a 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest and Mother Earth coco/perlite. I reused the soil I used last year this year and will do so again next season. This year I used the Megapoop....then a bit of their bloom.....then switched to Big Bloom and Budswell for the finish. If I was guerilla growin I might think about some polymer crystals to extend the periods between waterings. Not sure how it goes in the Midwest though. Might not be needed. Holes will definitely stay wet longer. Out here I have to water the 30's daily when it's real hot/they are wee ones...and every other day later in the year.

Yeah guys...didn't check on any pots smaller than 30's for that shipping thing. Seems stupid I can get 20 - 30 gallon pots sent to me for $18.....and it appears the smaller pots are just as expensive to ship.

The fire has calmed with the cooler weather.. We are under a Winter Storm Watch...possibly 5-7 inches tomorrow night. Hope so. Could really do some damage on the fire lines.

Still sittin Lip Smack outside....was 60+ today and sunny. Definitely has grown in the last week....gonna be over soon though. Everyone else is drying well...a few come due for bagging everyday. Just lettin em sit and letting em breathe every-so-often. Really jonesin' it to try a few of these but am holding off a bit to let them have their due.

Had the CP resident Master Builder and a buddy here all weekend + a few days building on my shower room addition. Was good to hook/smoke/hang and to watch them at their craft. I'm a total hack in comparison to what they can do. Woulda taken me months and wouldn't have looked as good as this. Now i have a buncha shit to do. LOL. Insulated it all today (itches...scratches...) and am gonna try to get the eaves in and some paint on before it snows. We will see how that goes....LOL. Many thanks my friend...
Man that snow is welcome news. I would think that would calm that fire down along with your nerves.

BigBallzWillie

Insane Grower
I must have bought them somewhere else. 247 showed i had a account but no record of my first order of them. I checked amazon could not find a record of it there either. It just goes against the grain paying that much for shipping ( 13 dollars for 12 pots and almost 18 for shipping) I guess if you were to reword it and say 2.42 per pot and free shipping it would sound like a much better deal.
In the end, I bought the vivosun 7 gal bags for $12 for 5. I have a dozen or two already, in 1, 3, 5, and I like the quality and the way the handles lay off to the side. Some folks on Amazon were griping about the 247 sizing/pots being small also.

Last edited:

BigBallzWillie

Insane Grower
@stiickygreen, what is your medium in those pots. I got a chance to do a few outdoors next year, but more guerella style aka not being able to tend to em as often as normal. So gonna try to get em started inside and get strenghthen up, bug sprayed a lil and put outside. I should prolly dig a smaller hole, amend it, plant the small ones and just let go, prolly, I guess. Hope for the best expect the worst and almost try to forget them as then if they do make it, be a big surprise on top of the indoor. Just curious, wasn't sure if you did all the special teas, etc or just a more basic feed regime. Thanks in advance
whatever mix works for you for the dirt, then cut with 10% vermiculite. That stuff holds water very well.

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!
That's clutch @stiickygreen !

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
They've upped it to a Winter Storm Warning with "5-9 inches with locally higher amounts possible".

Will likely be a good day tomorrow to finish up the trim/jar session for the season. Still have 4 ladies hanging and Lip smack actively growing. Today may be her last sunny day though. Even so...this is the latest i've ever kept a plant going in this locale. I'd say she's cruising up on 11-12 weeks now. Hope the rest of the pack doesn't wanna take THIS much time to finish. Will likely grow these indoors from here on.

Trimmed FUZZY into oven bags last night. Just an AMAZING amount of stiinky, stiicky, tight nugs. Will weigh it when it is fully dried.....but for a 4 ft plant this is a massive take. Definitely some of the largest tops I've ever grown. Just a beast.

Heehee...I guess it's time to start thinking about an indoor grow again....

Bodyne

Mill Foreman
Lip Smack hopefully be your nite nite meds, lol. Glad you weathered the storm, pun kinda intended. Worried everytime I seen the CO weather on TV. Kudo's to you, sir, I might have been a less patient sort, and fucked up the whole program, aka leaving, staying, chopping, not chopping, etc. Peace and Karma and maybe a milder winter that what you are used to. Very impressed with your smarts and applications, life in general, growing in particular. Honored to know ya. And very glad the place didn't burn down, stiicky!

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks man. None of this has even come close to what we've already gone through w/losing the oldest son... so like a lot of stuff now...I have a true benchmark to go by I never had before when things start to go to shit.
Basically...it boils down to "is it life changing...or just somethin money can fix?" This was the latter.......

Fortunately....the whole weed thing is gonna work out OK. Got the time I needed to trim/dry....no rush...no packin it up and runnin'. It was certainly a mindfuck there for a bit though. Lotsa time invested, for sure. Now I can go back to bitchin' that I have no market and too much weed.......heehee...

No real "smarts" here.....just an old guy set in his ways :ROFLMAO:.